ADVERTISEMENT

VHSL Offical Playoff Brackets

TIDEPRIDE01

VaPreps Varsity
Gold Member
Jun 10, 2007
why is it that this is such a hard process and nothing has been posted by the VHSL themselves? It's the Saturday evening before the 1st Round...coaches need to trade film and begin to breakdown their game plans as a staff....then begin to practice with their team...why cant we get the offical brackets by at least noon today if not sooner? Seriously, a massive scam...they want all the money but make all the schools, coaches, and admin do the work for them...what do they do again?

I am pretty sure they will be set tomorrow since there were a few games today.

According to VHSL 6A meeting from 8/10/16 6A South is Conf 1 vs 2 & Conf 3 vs 4. THEN cross bracketed. I assume that the Regional Semifinals will be cross bracketed.

why is it that this is such a hard process and nothing has been posted by the VHSL themselves? It's the Saturday evening before the 1st Round...coaches need to trade film and begin to breakdown their game plans as a staff....then begin to practice with their team...why cant we get the offical brackets by at least noon today if not sooner? Seriously, a massive scam...they want all the money but make all the schools, coaches, and admin do the work for them...what do they do again?

If the same person does it who used to then the lady who does this, Lara Bickley, is an angel. She is working her tail off, I'm sure.

I hope they have double and triple checked them. They have been wrong more than right in the last 6 weeks.

I hope they have double and triple checked them. They have been wrong more than right in the last 6 weeks.
Email was sent out yesterday to a lot of people to check scores. The problem is they rely on the AP for scores and sometimes the AP is wrong. I usually email them when I find errors usually in 3A-6A. Lora does a great job putting all this together imagine her job having to chase down scores from all parts of the state and and other states all together to give us a ration for our one team. Mistakes are bound to happen, but she usually fixes them if she is notified.

I see Hatfield tweeting about some of the matchups, but I dont see any North?
Where would these be published, if not on the VHSL website?
The matchups were said yesterday by the VHSL to be coming out at noon. Guess they pushed it back to 2pm which is the time they release every year. Honestly nothing "official" has come out everyone is going off of math they have done already for the matchups.

I've heard that the schools are notified Sat., which would give them time to "challenge" if they had different numbers figured. At least when the pairings ARE released on Sunday, I'm pretty confident that they're right, unlike other states. Tenn. has been doing a radio/webcast at noon Saturday, and the msg. boards are crazy for the next few hours as ppl. are questioning this or that and figuring out who's right, then a "revised" set of pairings have to be released later. NC has had re-dos, too.

I've heard that the schools are notified Sat., which would give them time to "challenge" if they had different numbers figured. At least when the pairings ARE released on Sunday, I'm pretty confident that they're right, unlike other states. Tenn. has been doing a radio/webcast at noon Saturday, and the msg. boards are crazy for the next few hours as ppl. are questioning this or that and figuring out who's right, then a "revised" set of pairings have to be released later. NC has had re-dos, too.
Well being a coach and having been involved with the rating for years now because I work hand and hand with my AD we are not notified on Saturday's. We were however sent out a "unofficial" set up today with some spots missing around 1pm, but getting it a day in advance for challenges doesn't happen. I know most teams calculate their own stuff for their region (I do for ours) and you have a general idea of who's in and who's out. I'm just trying to figure out what is there to challenge...Ratings system and tiebreakers are pretty cut and dry.

Pairings are at vhsl.org. One mistake right now....Broad Run is 6 seed in 5A North, Albemarle is 5 seed. The VHSL has it the other way, and it is wrong and they are aware it is wrong. The webmaster is on a flight so it hasn't been changed yet.

Down here in the SW, more than 1 coach told their players the opponent yesterday; at least one also told game time. I really hate to think they were doing that without official word.
Last year, we had a challenge down here from a school (presume coach) about who they were to play before the official release. Could it have been a preemptive strike ?

Down here in the SW, more than 1 coach told their players the opponent yesterday; at least one also told game time. I really hate to think they were doing that without official word.
Last year, we had a challenge down here from a school (presume coach) about who they were to play before the official release. Could it have been a preemptive strike ?
I've known since last week who was in and out down here mostly based on the rating system. I knew our opponent and traded film yesterday because I figured it out. Our game days and time are all set by the region so all the games are Fri at 7:30 in 4a East. They were definitely doing that without official VHSL word because it wasn't final until today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT