ADVERTISEMENT

Week 3 Region C Watchlist

Aug 24, 2023
Fort Chiswell takes on a pissed off Tazewell team. Can they get to 3-0?

Will Galax start the year 0-3? I think so. They fall to an improved Carroll County.

GW starts the year 0-2 after the thumping they’ll get Friday.

Will Craig run from Auburn two weeks and two years in a row? Starting to think Craig County is afraid to play football.

My Blues dominate JR!

Craig was actually willing to move the game to Auburn but Auburn chose to wait until next week. I heard they got a lot of players banged up when they played Narz.

Fort Chiswell takes on a pissed off Tazewell team. Can they get to 3-0?

Will Galax start the year 0-3? I think so. They fall to an improved Carroll County.

GW starts the year 0-2 after the thumping they’ll get Friday.

Will Craig run from Auburn two weeks and two years in a row? Starting to think Craig County is afraid to play football.

My Blues dominate JR!
If Carroll couldn't beat Grayson, I doubt they'll beat Galax.

After losing by 40 last year to JR, if PM beats JR, I'm convinced of turnaround.

Man what the hell are y'all feeding that QB? That kid is special he is one of the most talented kids I've seen in a while.
He's Div 1. Many will say he's an athlete only at the Div 1 level. He's a Div 1 QB. ODU has offered and told him he will get a chance at QB. His feet are clearly good enough. He's a track guy, but his arm strength is good enough. I think he gets bigger offers than ODU before it's all said and done. At Radford, we've had some incredible QB's in the last 50 years with names like Ken Alderman and so many other great ones, but he's the best of the bunch if you talk to the locals.

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
He's Div 1. Many will say he's an athlete only at the Div 1 level. He's a Div 1 QB. ODU has offered and told him he will get a chance at QB. His feet are clearly good enough. He's a track guy, but his arm strength is good enough. I think he gets bigger offers than ODU before it's all said and done. At Radford, we've had some incredible QB's in the last 50 years with names like Ken Alderman and so many other great ones, but he's the best of the bunch if you talk to the locals.
That's crazy to me that people would only call him an athlete at the D1 level. That young man has an absolute cannon for an arm and beyond that his arm talent is special. He didn't have to show it much against us but I could see it. Imo he has a great chance to be the next breakout player from SWVA at the D1 level and maybe beyond. I never saw Vick play in highschool but I've seen tape and that's who he reminds me of.

Reactions: Fairlawncat
Craig and Auburn has been moved to Thursday at auburn. Going to drive up for some Thursday football and see what they’re all about. Other than the guy that likes to bash them, I’ve heard mixed things on both. Anyone have any real insight on these two?

Craig and Auburn has been moved to Thursday at auburn. Going to drive up for some Thursday football and see what they’re all about. Other than the guy that likes to bash them, I’ve heard mixed things on both. Anyone have any real insight on these two?
No real input on either team. Auburn is a nice little set up to watch a game. That community supports their athletic teams, even the ones that aren't having success. Think I'll go watch that one myself. 2 teams that will struggle for victories, somebody gets a "W".

Auburn has a brute at RB but the o-line struggles. Craig’s defense looked good against Bland but this will be a taller task for them stopping that kid. I think it’ll be a damn good game. Go Rockets!

Comparing Landen Clark to Michael Vick…come on now. I agree - heckuva an athlete and really the best player on Radford’s b-ball team before he gave it up. He will make a good D1 safety and that’s no shade.

But didn’t Radford lose to Pulaski !!!! In a scrimmage already this year? Didn’t their stacked team get beat by Glenvar !!!! last year. Does anybody actually think Radford is going to win the Region (hello Appo and Glenvar) or have any chance against a Graham. Now, imagine what Mike Vick would have done to this Pulaski team or last year’s Glenvar. Get serious.

Maybe if Radford played ANY of the best teams in the area we would know more about how good Landen really is. Otherwise it’s an awful lot like LB bullying Blacksburg the week after Glass shut LB down.

Comparing Landen Clark to Michael Vick…come on now. I agree - heckuva an athlete and really the best player on Radford’s b-ball team before he gave it up. He will make a good D1 safety and that’s no shade.

But didn’t Radford lose to Pulaski !!!! In a scrimmage already this year? Didn’t their stacked team get beat by Glenvar !!!! last year. Does anybody actually think Radford is going to win the Region (hello Appo and Glenvar) or have any chance against a Graham. Now, imagine what Mike Vick would have done to this Pulaski team or last year’s Glenvar. Get serious.

Maybe if Radford played ANY of the best teams in the area we would know more about how good Landen really is. Otherwise it’s an awful lot like LB bullying Blacksburg the week after Glass shut LB down.
Radford has no kicker. You can not give the ball to a good team at the 50 yard line all night. Clark is a good runner. He has a pretty strong arm. But he missed a lot of open receivers against GW and Giles. He had all day to throw and still missed some of them badly. Pretty easy schedule though. Glenvar is the only real test they got left in regular season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT