ADVERTISEMENT

Westfield 46 - Chantilly 7

falcettik

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 3, 2004
As you might expect when in a game where one team is playing well and the other is struggling, this was not a close game. Westfield used a total of 14 offensive plays to score their first 5 TDs and won over a game but very overmatched Chantilly, 46-7.

Game highlights for Westfield:
Kim scored on a 39 yard run and passed for more 2 TDs, but threw 2 INTs..
Asante scored on runs of 22 yards and 19 yards.
Clancy scored on a 57 yard pass play from Kim.
Macon scored on a run of 1 yard.
Morin scored on a 66 yard pass play from Kim and had one INT.
McClintock scored on a 39 yard run.
Hildrup was 4 of 7 on XPs.

Chantilly game highlights:
Sparks scored on a 5 yard TD run.
Parana and Nelson each had one INT.
Hughes had one XP.

Most games affecting playoff teams went as expected tonight. Unofficially, Westfield will face Battlefield, the 8th seed after losing 14-7 to Patriot, in the first round of the playoffs. Other expected matchups are #7 Yorktown at #2 South Lakes, #6 Madison at #3 Centreville, and #5 Patriot at #4 Marshall.

Note: All seedings are unofficial pending release of the VHSL standings, probably on Sunday. Using back of the envelope calculations, Centreville and Marshall will either be tied or within 0.1-0.2 points, depending on the results of other games and, if tied, Centreville will win the tiebreaker.

Last edited:
The Westfield kicking game sure is struggling this season. By my count they have failed on 9 extra points and 5 of 6 field goal attempts (all less than 35 yards). That could be a problem in a tight playoff game.

The Westfield kicking game sure is struggling this season. By my count they have failed on 9 extra points and 5 of 6 field goal attempts (all less than 35 yards). That could be a problem in a tight playoff game.

I absolutely agree. I have no idea why they keep switching kickers every week, it seems, sometimes even within the same game. The fact that they have been missing is also due to multiple issues: line protection, the snap/hold, and the kick itself. That is exactly the sort of thing that can cost a team deep in the playoffs. Unfortunately no one kicker seems to be able to seize the job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT