ADVERTISEMENT

Westfield 48 - Herndon 17

falcettik

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 3, 2004
Westfield opened the scoring with a quick series of bubble screens that moved them down the field until Beard ran it in from 8 yards out to put Westfield up 6-0 just 2:29 into the game (2XP was an incomplete pass). They added a 20 yard Delaney FG four minutes later, then Herndon put together their best drive of the night to pull within 9-7 at the 3:27 mark of the 1st quarter. The Herndon TD was scored by Kanu on a 3 yard run but most of the damage was done by the Herndon QB-Kucik-who ran the option well on the drive.

Westfield, able to pass almost at will, added three more passing TDs in the 2nd quarter on 14 and 41 yard passes from Scanlon to Eckert and a 12 yard Rehman Johnson to Scanlon pass to go into halftime leading 31-7.

In the 3rd quarter Delaney added another FG, this time from 27 yards, to put Westfield up 34-7, then Aiello followed with a 2 yard run to increase the lead to 41-7. Herndon's Bailey got open on the next Herndon possession and caught a 75 yard pass from Kucik to pull Herndon back to 41-14. End of the 3rd quarter.

In the 4th quarter Herndon got their final score of the night, a 44 yard Geyer FG and then Westfield closed out the scoring with a 12 yard Gallishaw TD to make the final score 48-17.

Herndon was, quite noticeably, physically much smaller at every position on the field, even looking more like a JV team size-wise. I asked a Herndon supporter on the sideline if they were just small or underclassmen and was told they start three freshman on defense. I don't know the classes of any other players, but I would say they were playing a bunch of underclassmen tonight. Tough way to go in a conference like the Concorde.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT