ADVERTISEMENT

Westfield

Exactly I understand that school was built 2000? But sheesh it looked empty on their side

Reactions: OCBoy
With a school of 3,000+ students, they should have better fan support.

This is why we should go back to U of Richmond that was the best place play the games ! Perfect size stadium but a lot has to do with televised and Internet showing the game !

With a school of 3,000+ students, they should have better fan support.

Point still valid, but the actual student enrollment this year at Westfield is 2608 at the beginning of this school year. Due to 2009 rezoning and other factors their enrollment has declined and they are currently the 4th largest school in Fairfax county.

There has been a noticeable decline in student support and overall attendance at Westfield starting after the 2011 season. Don't really know why but 2013, 2014 and 2015 especially there has not been the broad enthusiasm that there used to be. I expect the reasons behind this are quite varied. Not saying they are not still one of the most supported programs in NOVA - it is just not quite like it used to be.

This is why we should go back to U of Richmond that was the best place play the games ! Perfect size stadium but a lot has to do with televised and Internet showing the game !

I think UVA is fine for the state championship location, it's really not that far of a drive for anybody. People should be excited for there teams to be in the state championship, if your team is lucky enough to be in it you only have to make the trip one day out of the year and the drive should not matter.

Richmond stadium was kind of beat but since they had a stadium makeover I wouldn't mind seeing the title games switch back there either.

I sat on the Westfield and Stone Bridge sides, did not realize the fan turnout was that bad. I was actually thinking the same thing about the Smith side, and I thought Stone Bridge had the fewest number of fans but I guess it was Westfield. Highland Springs side had a bunch of people, fans from the old central region down that way always travel well. I think the most I've ever seen on one side @ UVA was L.C. Bird 2012.

Between OS, SB and WF - I couldn't really tell you who had the most there. But I am certain HS had by far the largest crowd.

I disagree U of R was shitty to me. UVA is the perfect place for all 6 games

Between OS, SB and WF - I couldn't really tell you who had the most there. But I am certain HS had by far the largest crowd.
It was obvious highland springs had the most how could you not tell? They had the amount of Westfield stone bridge combined plus more

Westfield had a 300+ color coordinated student section. I couldn't even identify an Oscar Smith student section, although they may have had more fans than Westfield present. Highland Springs clearly had the most fans of all. It was such a perfect weather day no excuses for any of these fan bases to sit at home and watch it on tv.

Oscar Smith student support / fan club is kinda weak. It's too bad because the other Chesapeake schools do have at least a cheer section that shows up at their home games. Smith doesn't even have their Tiger mascot any more. I am pretty sure a fan bus wasn't arranged to go to C'ville either.

Oscar Smith student support / fan club is kinda weak. It's too bad because the other Chesapeake schools do have at least a cheer section that shows up at their home games. Smith doesn't even have their Tiger mascot any more. I am pretty sure a fan bus wasn't arranged to go to C'ville either.

I don't believe that information is correct. I saw facebook posts about the bus throughout the week

The problem with playing in a big college stadium is that when you put a high school crowd into a major college stadium it looks tiny.

That is exactly what I said. HS=Highland Springs.
Sorry I read it wrong ... I would say HS, Oscar Smith, StoneBridge, WF in that order of crowd. But I agree with the post in this thread WF did have the best student section. Only other student section I seen was Stonebridge

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT