ADVERTISEMENT

What's up in VA Beach

one man

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Dec 8, 2002
Charlottesville, VA
Looking over some recruiting info I've noticed they've received 3 prominent transfers in the past month or so. Stud RB Khalan Laborn comes over from Cox. ATH Jermaine Trotman comes over from Landstown. DE Dedrion Bacote comes over from Oscar Smith. I know I know, this topic has always come up and with the same anwsers. Maybe some of their families moved but it's just too coincidental for me. I remember back when Landstown was the team to beat, their way of receiving these transfer was because it was the magnet school. Does OL have some sort of magnet program too? Can someone from 757 elaborate on how this has happened?

WOW thats crazy!! Its not the kids fault. Its the parents that are living through these young men an or the kid is actually being the parent (telling the parents what to do). Sad song but Coaches love to sing it. Heritage coach tells all the kids at camps he assist they should come to Heritage. Its sickening to hear a coach speak that way.

Wow, hadn't heard about his transfer Devils. He's a future stud as well from the looks of his highlights. Safe to say Ocean Lakes may have taken the D6 flag from Oscar Smith, at least as far as the 757 is concerned. Looking at the attendance map, OL zone is on the Atlantic Ocean. Schools that border the OL zone are; Kellam to the South, Green Run and Landstown to the West and First Colonial to the North. With all the technology involved in college recruiting, you would think this transfer thing would die off. With youtube and hudl, doesn't matter where you play, if you are good the college coaches will find you. Within VA beach, they all play the same schedule so it's not like guys are transferring to play better competition or something. Congrats to Ocean Lakes I guess?? From what they return and what they've added, can anyone keep it within 3 scores against them this year?? I'll be impressed with the team that does because they are flat loaded, 8-10 guys on that roster that have BCS offers now.

Ocean Lakes has a great program. I hope they and Oscar Smith continue to win. For a number of years, Division 6 football in Southeastern Virginia did NOT do very well in the VHSL playoffs. Northern Virginia was constantly badmouthing us. Now it looks like we can compete with them. In fact, I believe Lake Taylor (Division 4) could compete with any of the Northern Virginia schools. JMO.

Last edited:
First of all coaches at Ocean Lakes prepare you well for the next level ''College'' most of the players that come out of there always have good college careers. Their football system doing one heck of a good job competing and beating schools around the state or even around the country. Its not like they are out recruiting these kids they see what they do Friday night they want to be a part of that remember all 11 schools in Virginia Beach are close to each other its not like they are moving 30miles down the road to start a new life at a new school , Va Beach most northern Schools ''Cox & Bayside'' are only less then 12 miles away from the most southern Va Beach schools ''Kellam & Ocean Lakes'' most of the FB players on the 11 teams here know one another believe me they ''Kids'' go out recruit their own friends come play there own school. Its not really hard for parents to move from home to another home they still get to live in Va Beach their job still going to be the same distance from their old home, That's why Parents/Guardians move new school zones so their kid can play at what ever school they think gives their kid a chance to win and get recruited.

Last edited:
It's all over, soon. Private schools will be joining up and then you'll see REAL recruiting. Get your state titles in the next couple of years while you can.

Don't forget star Freshman LB T. Mitchell from Bayside
What? No, not Mitchell. Did he transfer? You guys think about it, Ocean Lakes for years has had talent anyway, we're talking at least back to '03. Gotta admit, the big names leaving out of Ocean Lakes make moves in college, and apparently the NFL, too: Its like Ocean Lakes is the new Deep Creek, however winning a chip to go along with all the success.

Last edited:
It's all over, soon. Private schools will be joining up and then you'll see REAL recruiting. Get your state titles in the next couple of years while you can.
in the 757? Norfolk Christian and Atlantic Shores were supposed to be THOSE programs. Face it, private school football in VA isn't the same as Ohio or New Jersey: my opinion, best bet to state in public schools.

Let's just say this the investigation going on by VBPS has a lot to do with the Mitchell transfer and how it was done. With all that being said he's back at Bayside for now. Yea the core four I've heard of them and how they decided as a group they would attend OL. Guess we have MS kids committing to high schools now.

Let's just say this the investigation going on by VBPS has a lot to do with the Mitchell transfer and how it was done. With all that being said he's back at Bayside for now. Yea the core four I've heard of them and how they decided as a group they would attend OL. Guess we have MS kids committing to high schools now.
lol! THAT last part of is CRAZY! You can commit to a high school (we both know that's been going on for years, just wasn't publicized). I hope Mitchell stays at Bayside. I need to see some parity somewhere folks, and not just in the NoVa. But my needs of course are trumped by what's really good I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT