ADVERTISEMENT

Which private schools have the nicest stadiums?

Keith_Stone33

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 30, 2013
I have heard that STAB, FUMA, and LCA are the top 3 for most people... Just curious though

I really enjoyed the experience at Fishburne last season... It was a different experience than I had at any other games last year... The seating is different, and it is only available on one side, but the military school setting/cadet student section was great. It is interesting that the field goals either go into the road or hit one of the buildings. Probably not the fanciest facility out there but it offers a cool experience (plus there is a Chinese buffet about a block away for after the game).

Episcipol High School in Alexandria, has the nicest Stadium of the private schools I've seen, it's 2 sided and sits in a bowl. Collegiate also has a nice one, but it's one sided, as well as Bishop O'Connel (which is pretty new), and Woodberry Forest.
This post was edited on 8/11 12:40 PM by DBroncoman

My experience is mostly with the Div III and Div IV fields where they lack the resources of larger schools. Covenant has a very nice venue. It is set in a bowl, brick and mortar seating on one side with good sightlines. Hargrave Military Academy also has an excellent venue (set in a bowl - excellent view from the top) but has nothing on the visiting sidleine. Norfolk Christian has (had) a great field but the setting (an industrial park) and the seating (especially on the visiting sideline) were lacking -- but the field itself was excellent. HRA and Greenbrier Christian have pretty good stadiums/bleachers (particularly on the home side line) but the field (grass) tends not be in the best condition.

STAB, Covenant and Trinity are all very similar and nice. FUMA gives you a good view because the stand are higher. All only have seating on one side. I have not been to any NOVA schools except Woodberry but their field also looks nice. I think it has seating on both sides (wasn't there for football). St. Christopher's is also pretty similar.

Atlantic Shores will now be playing all of their games at the Virginia Beach SportsPlex. Great venue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT