ADVERTISEMENT

Who said the Northwest Region is the weak link?

lavoy12

VaPreps Rookie
Gold Member
Nov 9, 2005
Congrats to Stonewall Jackson and Colonial Forge for keeping the Region strong and beating the Northern Region. The stonewall games was almost given to South Lakes by the REFs. At one point in the 4qtr the calls were 7 to 2 South Lakes. During the game a South Lake player was on a stonewall player back and a foul wasn't call, they even showed it on replay. Stonewall was very lucky to come out with 55 to 53 win. The REFs kept South Lake in that game. Two of Stonewall best players had four fouls. I hope Burns is ok, I think she hurt her ankle, but she was super coming off the bench and her teammates didn't want that to be her last game. Jordan is the best defensive player in Virginia hands down, she can defend anyone.

Colonial Forge was great against a very young Edison team. Trust me Edison will be back again. Lake Taylor bet not sleep on Colonial Forge they took it to stonewall Jackson in the northwest regional final. They come at you with a five guard rotation and they are a very dangerous three point shooting team with girls that can beat you off the dribble. I also like their inside game. A solid team that can play with anyone.

Northwest Region has two teams in the final four with the Northern and central teams home for the winter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT