ADVERTISEMENT

Williamsburg Christian boys not allowed to participate in METRO Tourney????

Aug 22, 2012
I heard something today about Williamsburg Christian Academy boys basketball team being banned from participating from this years METRO tournament by the conference for some rules violation. Anyone have more info/details of what is involved?? WCA is ranked in the VISAA top 5 for D3 boys right now, but I believe that the VISAA rulebook states that if you are deemed ineligible by your own conference, you are ineligible for VISAA events.

I was told by one of the athletic directors that a JV player playing in a varsity games caused the rules infraction however the Eagles are still eligible for the State playoffs.

WCA is ranked in the VISAA top 5 for D3 boys right now, but I believe that the VISAA rulebook states that if you are deemed ineligible by your own conference, you are ineligible for VISAA events.

The rule you're thinking of applies to players, not schools. If a conference rules a *player* ineligible to play in that conference, that player is also ineligible for all VISAA competition.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT