ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Nugget Woodside junior Carlos Palmer

wgarlick

Writer Virginiapreps.Rivals.Com
Staff
Jul 4, 2006
One of the Top 10 performers at the HRYF NFL camp was Woodside junior Carlos Palmer who has been working hard this summer in hopes of receiving his 1st offer.

"This offseason has been strictly business," Palmer said. "I mean it's been weightlifting, speed training and agility drills...I never stop working hard and I think it showed at the NFL camp. I know all my hard work is going to pay off this season."

Palmer played in most of the Wolverine games during his sophomore season alternating primarily at cornerback. A knee injury slowed his workouts during the winter but he's fully recovered now and expects to pick up where he left off last season.

"I'm much more confident knowing that I work harder than most people in my class not just on the field but also in the classroom. I feel my ability, speed, and strength is the difference compared to other cornerbacks."

Woodside head coach Danny Dodson says Palmer has the tools to make an impact.

"We are very excited about Carlos," Dodson said. "He is a very physical defensive back who can run well. He missed some time last year due to injury, but he has bounced back well."

Palmer was one of the standouts at the HRYF NFL camp held at Christopher Newport University. He made several acrobatic plays at receiver and cornerback. On offense, he out-fought defenders on poorly thrown balls and even dove to the ground to catch another. On defense, he played tight coverage turning at the right time to intercept or bat away the ball. He has only attended one other camp.

"I attended a Morgan State camp earlier this month and my brother (Dwight Palmer) has been putting in good words for me to college coaches," he said. "Also, I have been in touch with multiple schools."

As for goals, Palmer believes a football scholarship is within his reach. He expects to see more playing time as a junior.

"I want to improve my playmaking and just make plays when I'm out on the field," he said. "I want to be more consistant in my tackling so college coaches can see that I'm someone who can help their program be successful."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News