2024 RICHMOND SHOWCASE

EPJr

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Sep 27, 2002
All college coaches are welcomed!
Welcome to the Richmond Showcase!

***This is closed to the public***
GHYn-LfXgAA7ZI9

Highland Springs hosted this year's High School Football Showcase that included Dinwiddie, Huguenot, Thomas Dale, Matoaca along with Varina. Nearly 200 players from the Metro Richmond area worked out in front over College Coaches from over 75 schools

This was a great event I think more schools should have taken part or at least showcase the talents at their school. Overall this was really great and great for some of the young men to get some eyes on them. A bunch of schools missed out on this which mean their players missed out.

This was a great event I think more schools should have taken part or at least showcase the talents at their school. Overall this was really great and great for some of the young men to get some eyes on them. A bunch of schools missed out on this which mean their players missed out.
I wonder how it was organized? Was it by invitation only with a limited number of participants? Or was it open to any area school and only those few chose to participate?

Reactions: DMVmonster
Great Question I'll like to know myself. I see some kids chopping at the bit for a chance to show their skills. When speaking with some of these guys the biggest thing I'm hearing is that recruiting coaches are basically skipping over their schools when they are in the area and handing out 5 to 10 offers to other players. They feel as if because they don't go to some of the bigger schools recruiters don't waste time coming to their school to even meet them or watch film.

Great Question I'll like to know myself. I see some kids chopping at the bit for a chance to show their skills. When speaking with some of these guys the biggest thing I'm hearing is that recruiting coaches are basically skipping over their schools when they are in the area and handing out 5 to 10 offers to other players. They feel as if because they don't go to some of the bigger schools recruiters don't waste time coming to their school to even meet them or watch film.
Maybe contact the athletic Director at Highland Springs and ask him what he does because he has been doing this for years and they are averaging about 20 players per year, from a public school, playing football at the next level, because they’re being seen. I do know it is not open to the public!

I wonder how it was organized? Was it by invitation only with a limited number of participants? Or was it open to any area school and only those few chose to participate?
You can always contact the head of student activities, Harry-Lee Daniel, at Highland Springs,and ask him. He organizes this every year to get these kids seen by colleges.

Manchester has a showcase this Thursday... May 9th. Prince George is putting one on this coming Monday, the 13th.

Last edited:
Reactions: DinwiddieProud
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT