ADVERTISEMENT

2A Favorites and talk for 2019

Hard to say about Richlands next year. They lose a lot of key players. Heard the next qb in line is the Cox kid. Big kid to be young. Not sure of his passing abilities though. Sage Webb will be a sophomore next season and shows a lot of promise. He played slot this year and expect to see him some at RB possibly next year. Id say anywhere from 4-6 to 8-2 next year for the Blues. Maybe someone knows more

Oh I know fair! The first time I saw graham play was I am guessing around 1994 at Rustburg and then agin against Rustburg at Bluefield in a game when the field was covered with snow and packed down with water to slow the Red Devils down and it worked ! Do you recall that and correct me if I M wrong on the years !could have been 1992
89 and 90. We had a big snow before one of those games. That game is on youtube. Nobody packed water on top of the snow to slow anybody down. Dont even get us Graham folks started about the "missed" field goal at Rustburg in 90.

Reactions: Stabler1980
Graham beat Rustburg in the State Semis in Bluefield in 89 and went on to beat SouthHampton in the finals that year. In 1990, Graham went to Rustburg and lost on a "missed" cough, cough, clear throat. Field goal and Rustburg won 16-14.

I know I went to the 89 game at Graham and they dominated 30-8. I can't remember the 90 game, but I'm sure I was there. I don't remember missing any Rustburg home games from 88-90. Once I started working at the end of 90 I know I missed a few games because Friday was always a very busy night. (That and dating, haha)

I know I went to the 89 game at Graham and they dominated 30-8. I can't remember the 90 game, but I'm sure I was there. I don't remember missing any Rustburg home games from 88-90. Once I started working at the end of 90 I know I missed a few games because Friday was always a very busy night. (That and dating, haha)

My junior year, 1989, we gave Graham it's toughest go in the playoffs coming up short 10-7 at Mitchell Stadium in the Region 4 Championship which was the game before Graham and Rustburg. Radford was the second best AA, Div 3 team in the state that year. I don't want to toot my own horn, but I am! I had about 10 tackles against Graham and was laying the dam* lumber on the GMen. Our problem was, they was doing it to us when we were on O. They had one heck of a Defense.

My junior year, 1989, we gave Graham it's toughest go in the playoffs coming up short 10-7 at Mitchell Stadium in the Region 4 Championship which was the game before Graham and Rustburg. Radford was the second best AA, Div 3 team in the state that year. I don't want to toot my own horn, but I am! I had about 10 tackles against Graham and was laying the dam* lumber on the GMen. Our problem was, they was doing it to us when we were on O. They had one heck of a Defense.
That defense opened the season with 8 consecutive shut-outs to start the season and finished the season with a shutout of SouthHampton in the title game.

Radford was the best team that Graham faced in the playoffs that season for sure.

Hard to say about Richlands next year. They lose a lot of key players. Heard the next qb in line is the Cox kid. Big kid to be young. Not sure of his passing abilities though. Sage Webb will be a sophomore next season and shows a lot of promise. He played slot this year and expect to see him some at RB possibly next year. Id say anywhere from 4-6 to 8-2 next year for the Blues. Maybe someone knows more

Nothing against any current assistants at Richlands but I feel like the piece they've been missing the past two seasons is at Graham now. But wish them best of luck next season. Mance most likely gets his 200 win against GC. Congratulations to him when it happens.

Nothing against any current assistants at Richlands but I feel like the piece they've been missing the past two seasons is at Graham now. But wish them best of luck next season. Mance most likely gets his 200 win against GC. Congratulations to him when it happens.

Disagree. Our D last year was dominant. We just couldn’t score 14 with any consistency.

I would have to agree with Ryan. Last year, Richlands' offense didn't do much, but the defense was spot on.

Richlands defense last year was definitely stout. If they had some offense to go with it, they would have been nasty. Im sure Mance will have them right in the thick of things again next year. Very impressed that he got that group to a regional title appearance and had some big wins along the way this year.

Definitely, congrats to Richlands making it to the regional title game. Levi Forrest will be a bright spot for them next year. They may luck up and make it to the regionals again next year but I don't see them going any further. Maybe they've got some young talent coming up that I don't know about though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT