ADVERTISEMENT

2A Girls East Quarters: Nottoway 54 Page County 52 - FINAL

Final - Nottoway 54 PCHS 52
I may attend Nottoway/Buffalo Gap tomorrow, since it is the closest game to me. I know nothing about Nottoway, what should I expect from them? Curious to hear from some Page folks since they have played Gap and Nottoway.

I may attend Nottoway/Buffalo Gap tomorrow, since it is the closest game to me. I know nothing about Nottoway, what should I expect from them? Curious to hear from some Page folks since they have played Gap and Nottoway.

You probably won't hear much from us Page fans on here as I doubt anyone from Page that frequents VaPreps was in attendance last night. I will say that Page was up on Nottoway by 10 midway thru the 4th quarter. Seeing as though Gap has beaten Page all 3 times this season (the last 2 times by 35 and 13), I'd say the Lady Bison "should" be the favorite in this one. But any given night.....

Nottoway trailed by 8 points entering the 4th quarter, but outscored Page 19-9 for the two point win.

I believe their overall record is 21-1, and average around 60 points per game - the only loss was to Greensville County 46-40, which stopped an 18 game winning streak at the time.

Nottoway averages 21 steals and 6 blocked shots per game.

They have only 2 seniors, who don't score much - but they have a lot of height.

They are led by Deona Dotwin - 6'1 Junior SF - who averages a double double (19/12) - and Layla Paige - 6'1 Junior Center - who averages 7 rebounds a game.

Other key players are Micaila Coleman - 5'10 Junior SG/PG - who averages 14 points, 9 rebounds and 6 steals a game, and Hannah Smith - 5'9 Junior SF - averages 8 points per game.

thanks for the info gtown and pizzzzza... the fact that they average 21 steals and 6 blocks per game is really, really impressive to me. Based on the numbers, it looks like they have some good balance offensively, and are very good defensively.

Deona Dotwin for Nottoway is their best player. She is their go-to. They aren't a highly skilled team but they play with some physicality. Nottoway will get shots up but they do not shoot the ball well at all. Overall, I see Gaps ball-skill and fundamentals winning this game easily.

Deona Dotwin for Nottoway is their best player. She is their go-to. They aren't a highly skilled team but they play with some physicality. Nottoway will get shots up but they do not shoot the ball well at all. Overall, I see Gaps ball-skill and fundamentals winning this game easily.

I totally agree.

Gap has had a tougher schedule and are playing some of their best basketball of the season right now.

Plus the home court advantage really means a lot this time of the season.

Reactions: VAHoops1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT