ADVERTISEMENT

2A Regionals girls....

leemen

VaPreps All District
Feb 12, 2004
Thoughts on the Girls bracket. 16 teams left. 8 from the East and 8 from the West. Winners advance and secure a state tourney bid. Loser is done. Winner gets at least three more games and will know they are state tourney bound.

East:

Brunswick Vs Buffalo Gap
Page County Vs Nottoway
Maggie Walker Vs Wilson Memorial
Central(Woodstock) Vs Greensville County

West:

Glenvar Vs Chatham
Union Vs Virginia
Dan River Vs Floyd County
Graham Vs Ridgeview

Here's hoping the Shenandoah District ladies continue to represent well!!! 3 of the 8 teams in the East are representatives of the Shenandoah.

Ridgeview girls defeated Graham 68-48 last night and are the ?lucky? ones who get to face Floyd County next.

Also last night in the West, Union defeated Virginia High 56-51 and Chatham defeated Glenvar 31-30.

Floyd County becomes the first team to clinch a state berth
They are my pick to win the whole thing at this point, but I am pulling for the Augusta County teams (Wilson & BG). I think Wilson has a better shot than the Bison, but it's all about matchups and who can get hot at this point

Reactions: gtownfencecrew
They are my pick to win the whole thing at this point, but I am pulling for the Augusta County teams (Wilson & BG). I think Wilson has a better shot than the Bison, but it's all about matchups and who can get hot at this point

I think there is a good shot it could be Ridgeview and Floyd in the finals... obviously I am not sure what the East beholds, but the fact we eliminated the two time defending champs (Wise Central) has to put us in the discussion at least. :)

Reactions: AntGZee

Keith, I believe both Wilson and Gap have at least a shot. Other than Page, I'm rooting for those two

Reactions: Keith_Stone33
If I had to bet on anyone, I would go with Floyd County. I cannot believe Chatham beat Glenvar, but a 31-30 game is hard to digest. Heck one Floyd County girl had 32 against DR.

I think there is a good shot it could be Ridgeview and Floyd in the finals... obviously I am not sure what the East beholds, but the fact we eliminated the two time defending champs (Wise Central) has to put us in the discussion at least. :)
I have only seen 4 teams left in the East (Wilson, Page, Buffalo Gap, and Central) and Wilson is likely the favorite of the bunch. With that said. anyone can be beaten, but I feel Wilson is the most balanced of the bunch. They can light up the score board but they can also win those "old school,ugly low-scoring games"

No matter who wins, I hope they light up scoreboard. Best high school girl's game I ever saw was 82-78

Floyd Co girls are legit. I have seen them play 3 times this year and I'm very impressed. They can really drain the 3s.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT