ADVERTISEMENT

2A softball final: Tazewell 5 James River 2

So many of the top pitcher's in 2A return.next season, plus Lunenburg who was in the Class 1 Semis, moves up to Class 2 and will play in Region A. I look for Tazewell, King William, Appomattox, Randolph Henry, Lunenburg, Poquoson, Page, Gate City and James River in no particular order to all have a legit chance at winning it all and there's probably a couple of more teams who aren't far off and who knows if some school will pop up with a stud freshman pitcher. Until then there's plenty of ball to be played on the travel circuit. FYI, I didn't realize until today that Johnson of KW and Danner Allen of Randolph Henry are travel ball teammates. Crazy to imagine many teams having success against that 1-2 punch on the mound.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
So many of the top pitcher's in 2A return.next season, plus Lunenburg who was in the Class 1 Semis, moves up to Class 2 and will play in Region A. I look for Tazewell, King William, Appomattox, Randolph Henry, Lunenburg, Poquoson, Page, Gate City and James River in no particular order to all have a legit chance at winning it all and there's probably a couple of more teams who aren't far off and who knows if some school will pop up with a stud freshman pitcher. Until then there's plenty of ball to be played on the travel circuit. FYI, I didn't realize until today that Johnson of KW and Danner Allen of Randolph Henry are travel ball teammates. Crazy to imagine many teams having success against that 1-2 punch on the mound.
Keep an eye on Richlands this year. They have a freshman class coming in that have played together since they were 8 with a stud pitcher. On top of what they already have returning. Scrimmaged Rye Cove the other day and ended in a 1-1 tie. Rye Cove was in 1A championship last year, with their returning pitcher committed to ETSU. Richlands should be pretty strong this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT