ADVERTISEMENT

2C semis and finals who u got?

OnceAKnight

VaPreps Varsity
Jan 24, 2011
JR/Floyd, JR they just a different level than Floyd this year, upset is possible but slim in my book.

Radford/Martinsville Im gonna do toss-up havnt seen the dogs play and Radford has a lot of young players. I think the zone may give Radford some problems but There defense will challenge the dogs all night. I see the winner by single digits. JR will have their hands full w either in the finals

Reactions: VAHoops11
Martinsville has played very little zone this year. With the year off last year this is basically the jv team from 2019 and they could never quite get the concept of Coach Adkins' zone so they've had to go mostly man.

How did Martinsville lose to Bassett? That’s the kicker for me, and makes me lean towards Radford.

James River will win by 15-20 over Floyd.

JR vs Radford final, with JR winning. Can’t imagine it would be a blowout like the second game, but don’t see Radford sneaking up on them like the first game.

Martinsville will struggle with Radford. Cormany is a great coach and always has his team ready. The Dogs lost alot of close games this year. Of their 9 losses the largest defeat was by 12 points to Graham who we had beat earlier. The Bassett game is a rivalry game, we beat them bad at home and when we went to their place they took the lead mid way to late in the 3rd quarter and held on for the win. But you're right though, shouldn't lose to Bassett so that's why Radford probably wins by 30.

Makes sense. Can’t ever count out a rivalry game. I watched Basset against Pulaski earlier in the year, and wasn’t impressed and that is where my reaction is coming from. Pulaski boys are average at best, and won.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Bassett was very young this year. Got better as the year went on. Beat GW-Danville late in the season and ended up the year very competitive and got almost everyone back next year. Probably will pick up a transfer or 2 from what I understand.

If Spencer Jones and Keyshawn Kirby are on top of their games, then I like our chances. If those 2 struggle, then Radford by double digits.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Bassett is no slouch. Will be a contender in their region next year.

I’m hearing Radford big but Martinsville is battletested and played a schedule much much harder than Radford. I think it’ll be closer than most think and I won’t be surprised if the Dawgs come back down 220 with the W.

Reactions: AntGZee
Bassett is no slouch. Will be a contender in their region next year.

I’m hearing Radford big but Martinsville is battletested and played a schedule much much harder than Radford. I think it’ll be closer than most think and I won’t be surprised if the Dawgs come back down 220 with the W.
Martinsville may have had a tough schedule. Radford played James River twice Northside Lord Botetourt Glenvar Twice Graham Roanoke Catholic

Martinsville may have had a tough schedule. Radford played James River twice Northside Lord Botetourt Glenvar Twice Graham Roanoke Catholic
Radford played a tough one for sure as did Martinsville. Against Graham, they didn't have their star player in Graves, so Radford played a wounded Graham team. Radford also played Virginia High, who is 18-8, and just beat Gate City in the region D quarterfinals on Gate City's home floor, and Va High beat Graham once and has a chance to possibly beat Graham again in 2 days and advance to the region title and state tournament. I think arguably the best Radford looked all year was beating VA High on their home floor in a pretty lopsided game. VH is a good basketball team.

I’d say JRs schedule was on board w any of these. W the exception of 1a PM, ER, and the district schedule all JRs games were all 3a and 4a, might have been a 5a thrown in as well.

Reactions: RadfordCat
Doesn't look like NFHS will stream @ Roanoke College. Who has connections to one of these schools to bring their equipment? One downfall of neutral sites.

I’d say JRs schedule was on board w any of these. W the exception of 1a PM, ER, and the district schedule all JRs games were all 3a and 4a, might have been a 5a thrown in as well.
I think James River has played a tough schedule. BoKnows seems to imply that Radford has not been tested up to this point and that's not accurate.

Reactions: OnceAKnight
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT