ADVERTISEMENT

2D Title: Richlands @ Graham II

Ryan4VT

VaPreps Varsity
Graham won 45-0 the first time, in a week where Richlands had a student commit suicide and there were lots of distractions. Richlands’ D has also played lights out since that ballgame.

Graham is the favorite, but I don’t think it will be a repeat blowout. A Richlands win would be Coach Mance’s 200th at Richlands.

Sorry to hear about the schools loss of a student. Appo faced lots of similar situations the years we battled you guys into overtime in 2015.

I just seen that on the local news about the accident off of Rt # 19. I'm so sorry for the loss of all the students of the Richlands community.For anyone thats ever been there,"the people ask for so little but yet willing to give so much".You can't find a nicer place than Richlands,Virginia.I was thinking today at the game against Ridgeview.I would bet most teams aren't begging to play Richlands.No matter what there record is,there going to show up with a game plan to win.Just like the old days of Clintwood,that was another team Coach's wasn't lined up saying i want to play them.But with all that said I hope Richlands can pull this one out for themselves and there community.But just in my heart this one will come down to a score.Good Luck Blue's !

Reactions: Bigrhsfan
Sorry for all Richlands has been through but hoping Graham robs Mance of his 200th win. Agree it will be closer though. Graham's defense has been incredible past few games.

God bless those kid's family. I cant even imagine what theyre going through.

As far as the rematch im seeing the same result. We may have caught Ridgeview off guard cuz they werent familiar with us but its not gonna happen against Graham. Too much speed. U cant sack Allen unless he doesnt see it coming. His acceleration is Vick like. And the D coordinator will do his thing again. Id honestly be surprised if we scored one TD. They held Union to 4 first downs. I love the Blues guys but im not seeing anything different happening in this game. We just dont have the speed to contain Allen. And that transfer from Princeton is legit and has seemed to fire up that defense.

My heart goes out to the Richlands community. I have ties there as well. I pray for the family and friends of those affected.

As for the game, I believe Graham is playing great ball right now and have too much speed for Richlands to handle and that defense is on fire right now.

I dont believe it will be a 45 point blowout either. I do however believe that Graham will win convincingly. Somewhere along the line of 35-14.

Graham is well balanced on offense and the defense is playing great lately.

If Graham overlooks Richlands, which I dont believe will happen, then it will be way too close for comfort.

Graham will extend the win streak over Richlands to 3.

It will not be a 45 point blowout again. The team is mentally ready this time.

Graham has conquered some demons this year. Their coaching staff will have them mentally prepared and I guarantee they'll make adjustments during the game to combat anything Mance throws at them. Graham has come leaps and bounds since that Bluefield game. I don't look for a blowout but I do look barring anything absolutely crazy, those boys giving Tony Palmer his first Regional Championship.

Grahams defense looked BAD for the first few games. I am impressed with the turn around. I believe the defense is looking very good now. Would love to see how they woukd do against Bluefield at this point in the season. I think it would be a much closer game.

It will not be a 45 point blowout again. The team is mentally ready this time.

Graham is more focused on their 34-16 loss to Richlands in the regional championship in 2016 and their 37-0 loss to Union in the regional championship in 2017 and they should be.

Bring your rain gear and extra layers. Looks to be rainy and cold for this one.

Floodgates are open. Graham killing them. Union played them much tougher
When a team beats you 83-10 in two games, it's fairly obvious who has better team. I'd put Mance up against anybody but Tony Palmer and company have made their mark in SWD and Region D this year. They obliterated a lot of demons. Their offense is explosive, defense is killer, and they are more focused and disciplined than I've seen in recent years. Graham deserves a lot of credit for their game play lately. Clean up some minor things from today's game, I can see them making the trip to Salem. One game at a time though...

Reactions: BigWinners
Radford and Graham series history from Fourseasons Football website. The series is 8 to 2 in favor of Graham in 10 total meetings. 7 meetings have been in the regular season with Graham winning 6 of 7 and 3 meetings in the playoffs with Graham holding a 2 to 1 lead for a total record of 8-2 in the series. But, 8 out of 10 of these contests came between the years of 1989 and 1993 when Graham had a monumental 5 year run of wins and 1 state championship appearance and win and 3 state semifinal appearances, so we caught them at a bad time in history. Hopefully, time for some payback for the Bobcats.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT