ADVERTISEMENT

3A-B Football Races

I have a soft spot in my heart for the kids at Caroline. They sure have taken on the chin over the years. I’m happy for them making the playoffs.

41-0 Phoebus over Oscar Smith. Whoever squares off with Phoebus in the playoffs better tighten their chinstraps. What a defense!

41-0 Phoebus over Oscar Smith. Whoever squares off with Phoebus in the playoffs better tighten their chinstraps. What a defense!
Gulp!!! At least as the #2 seed Lafayette will not meet if we win until the Region final. You have to wonder though that after the 2-0 win by OS last week if something is wrong with them.

Last edited:
I believe there is something going on with them also.but every game is different psychologically young players have lots of ups and downs I truly believe Phoebus is not 56 - 0 better than smith unless I'm just crazy 🤪

Reactions: Lafayette
Well hopewell will be playing lake Taylor should be a good game. Hopewell is battle tested and finally healthy and lake Taylor is playing well.

Well hopewell will be playing lake Taylor should be a good game. Hopewell is battle tested and finally healthy and lake Taylor is playing well.
That game in region 3A is easily the toughest match up. In looking at Hopewell’s record they will be very tough.

Gulp!!! At least as the #2 seed Lafayette will not meet if we win until the Region final. You have to wonder though that after the 2-0 win by OS last week if something is wrong with them.
We went to the game… the OS offense was terrible… they looked like Jamestown out there. The defense was constantly out of position and always losing the edge. They looked broken and like a shell of last years team. The QB was terrible.

Reactions: Lafayette
We went to the game… the OS offense was terrible… they looked like Jamestown out there. The defense was constantly out of position and always losing the edge. They looked broken and like a shell of last years team. The QB was terrible.
Coming in 8-0 is not what I would call that a shell. I agree Smith was a different beast last year but c'mon this year's Smith team still went undefeated and won their district outright. So you're saying that Phoebus' defense had nothing to do with how Smith looked? This is the same Phoebus defense that surrendered only 20 points in 10 games with 14 of those coming on opening kickoff returns and 6 by Bethel's offense late against the second and third string defense. Smith looked terrible for a reason.

Last edited:
You’re missing the fact that Phoebus made Oscar Smith look the way you’re describing them. There’s not another 3A team in the state that could do that to Smith…been trying to tell people up here we are a lot better than the title team from last year.

Coming in 8-0 is not what I would call that a shell. I agree Smith was a different beast last year but c'mon this year's Smith team still went undefeated and won their district outright. So you're saying that Phoebus' defense had nothing to do with how Smith looked? This is the same Phoebus defense that surrendered only 20 points in 10 games with 14 of those coming on opening kickoff returns and 6 by Bethel's offense late against the second and third string defense. Smith looked terrible for a reason.
These nonsense takes are blowing me honestly. People want to act like Oscar Smith is having a down year all of a sudden. No yesterday you saw a pissed off team that was disrespected pre game during senior day presentations. Oscar Smith came in big and bad and just knew they’d steam roll Phoebus but they got humbled asap.

A loss is a loss no matter where , when and what time , accept it move on to the next game. Playoff time new season may the best team win and move on good luck 🤞 teams.

Phoebus and Highland Springs are different animals this year they both will run the table its not close in either division.

Man Green run gonna get run out the stadium. It's not a team in Virginia that can beat Highland Springs this year. Phoebus is the closest and they still are a 21 under dog. I'm not a Springer fan I'm just a football fan.

Man Green run gonna get run out the stadium. It's not a team in Virginia that can beat Highland Springs this year. Phoebus is the closest and they still are a 21 under dog. I'm not a Springer fan I'm just a football fan.
Dinwiddie vs Highland Springs would be good but still HS by 21 lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT