Grafton 16-7 *
Jamestown 13-9 *
Midlothina 15-10 *
Kings Fork 14-10 *
Woodrow Wilson 11-12 *

* Season's Complete

This post was edited on 6/14 3:01 PM by Bluetree

Re: 3A Standings

here is the 3A East bracket link http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/base-2014-3A-east-bracket1.pdf of course the 3a west is a big secret for some reason I know Western hosts Blacksburg today although the 3A west regional is not updated, how hard would that be VHSL? I guess only the schools playing the games need to know...wouldn't want to advertise it at all to the general public...

This post was edited on 6/2 8:19 AM by Wonsley39

VHSL is only as good as the info they get from the conference or region. If you want to pin the blame on somebody look to the AD/Tournament director for the particular conference or region. It is their responsibility to get the info to the VHSL.

Brookville at William Byrd
Turner Ashby at Hidden Valley

Blacksburg at Western Albemarle
Northside at Tunstall

Semis on Wednesday in Covington (Casey Field)

I called down to TA HS and they told me that the TA/HV game plays the winner of the Brookville/William Byrd game. Wow in 3A/4A we might get some big semifinal games I know all the games are big but some of these possible matchups could be really good. We could have Amherst/Millbrook, Western Albemarle/Tunstall, Nansemond River/Hanover. Thanks baseballguy99 I didn't see your post until I send mine.
This post was edited on 6/2 9:35 AM by Bluetree

Some really good matchups in openers as well as potential late round games in both baseball and softball. Hopefully, communications will get the word out about dates, times and locations.

fair enough, I guess, I would think someone from the VHSL would hold the tournament director responsible but that would entail making a phone a call or sending an email

No problem. Lot of history in that West Regional. I know Brookville/TA have played each other the last 2 seasons with TA winning both match ups. Northside has been a frequent participant in Region III for years. Tunstall has been to the state tournament twice since 2011. Its nice to see some of the classic match ups from the state tournament (in the previous model) are now in regional play.

You're not wrong. That is just where the initial blame has to start. The only time the VHSL sees the need to make a phone call or send an email is when the money doesn't arrive on time. ;-)
This post was edited on 6/2 11:08 AM by cutnjump

Monday

First round

Brookville at William Byrd, 5:30 p.m.

Turner Ashby at Hidden Valley, 5 p.m.

Blacksburg at Western Albemarle, 6 p.m.

Northside at Tunstall, 6 p.m.

Wednesday

At Casey Field, Covington

Semifinals

William Byrd?Brookville winner vs. Hidden Valley?Turner Ashby winner, TBA

Western Albemarle?Blacksburg winner vs. Tunstall?Northside winner, TBA

Friday

At Casey Field, Covington

Championship

Semifinal winners, TBA

4A North Region setup

I don't care what excuse(s) anybody might have for the setup for the 4A North Region playoffs, because it is a farse!

How is Eastern View, with five losses, seeded ahead of both one-loss Amherst and Millbrook? And Sherando, at 14-6, the No. 8 seed???!!!!!

Unless there are some major upsets today, Millbrook is going to have to go down to Amherst for the semis. Really??!!!!! One of the best teams in 4A, whether it's Millbrook or Amherst, is not going to get to the state tournament. That is a travesty!!

Don't be surprised if Sherando picks up a win today at the View. I wouldn't want to face them right now. They can win on the road too. In '04, they won at Louisa, Loudoun Valley, and Grafton before falling in the AA semis.

Good luck to all. Too bad the setup stinks.

Re: 4A North Region setup

I know with the Regionals brackets predetermined this is what happens. Ideally it would be nice to reseed the teams when they finish the conference tournaments. Of course then we would have to decide who would reseed the teams. Maybe some of the states sportswriters.

4A Regional Updates/Finals June 2

After 1 0-0 Sherando at Eastern View. Starters Adam Whitacre SH S David Laird EV. After 2 1/2 0-0. Bottom 4th Sherando 1-0; Chase Smallwood doubled and later scored on a throw to second on a Reid Entsminger steal. Sorry no NVD tweets for 55 min.? FINAL Sherando 1 Eastern View 0. *** Update *** Louisa Co. at Sherando Wednesday at 12 noon.

After 2 Grafton 2 Midlothian 0, After 4 Grafton 4-2, After 5 Grafton 6-4; FINAL Grafton 6 Midlothian 4.
After 2 Louisa Co. 2 Salem FINAL Louisa Co. 2 Salem 1 LC gets She/EV winner

After 1 Amherst Co. 2 Pulaski Co. 0 After 3 Amherst 10-0 they got 8 in the 3rd. After 4 Amherst 12-1 FINAL Amherst Co. 16 Pulaski Co. 5. Amherst will host Millbrook on Wednesday.

Top 3rd Chancellor at Millbrook 2-2; Bottom 4th Chancellor 3-2 Sac. fly. Millbrook's Conor Hartigsan taken out after hip Flexor flares up.
After 7 3-3. After 8 still 3-3 After 9 3-3 Simonelli on to pitch for Millbrook FINAL Millbrook 4 Chancellor 3 in 10in. Burgreen hits one out single, moves to second on bobble; Ryan Hartigan grounder goes thru shortstop's legs. Burgreen scores winning run in the 10th.

3rd in. Hanover 3 Jamestown 0 Bottom 5th Hanover 8-2; FINAL Hanover 8 Jamestown 2. Hanover will play at Nansemond River Wednesday at 6:00.
FINAL Nansemond 10 Woodrow Wilson 1 Trevor Riggs 3-4 3 run HR 6 RBI's

FINAL King's Fork 8 Churchland 1 King's Fork at Grafton Wednesday.

This post was edited on 6/2 10:48 PM by Bluetree

This post was edited on 6/3 4:50 PM by Bluetree

3A Regional Updates/finals June 2

3rd in. Turner Ashby 9 Hidden Valley 0 After 5 TA 9-0 FINAL TA 9 HV 0. Eric Yankey 4 hitter 11K's TA had 13 hits. TA will play William Byrd Wednesday at Covington HS. Tunstall/Blacksburg is to follow WB/TA; may not get that started tonight.

After 1 Tunstall 2 Northside 0. FINAL Tunstall 4 Northside 0 They will play Blacksburg Wednesday at Covington HS.

Top of the 4th New Kent 3 Hopewell 0 FINAL New Kent 9 Hopewell 3

Bottom 3rd Blacksburg 1 Western Albemarle 0 Top of the 4th Blacksburg 3-0 After 6 Blacksburg 4-1; FINAL Blacksburg 4 Western Albemarle 1. In the game Western three times left a runner on third twice with the bases loaded.

FINAL Loudoun Valley 2 Culpeper 1. Jack Degroat CG 2 hitter 11K's

FINAL Poquoson 19 Thomas Jefferson 0

FINAL Kettle Run 3 William Monroe 2 KR scored 3 in the bottom of the 7th; KR/Poquoson Wednesday

This post was edited on 6/3 9:30 AM by Bluetree

This post was edited on 6/4 8:05 PM by Bluetree

William Byrd - 8, Brookville - 3

Byrd wins 8-3

Byrd had a 7 run 3rd inning and scored 8 unanswered to take the lead
Brookville had bases loaded in the 6th and 7th and only scored once. Story of the season for the Bees. Great season for them though, and good luck to the Terriers
This post was edited on 6/2 7:39 PM by baseballguy99

This post was edited on 6/2 7:40 PM by baseballguy99

Re: William Byrd - 8, Brookville - 3

Thanks baseball99 for the update. I couldn't find that one.

Amen to that! Not to beat a dead horse but it's still a shame that one of the state's top 4A teams will be left home after the game in Amherst tomorrow night. Guess I called that Eastern View game right, huh?

As an old coach use to say...." what difference does it make who, what when or where we play.... if your the best you will win......

~~~ 4A Regional Semifinals Updates/Finals June 4, Friday June 6

Friday Regional Championships: Sherando at Millbrook at 6:00 PM; Grafton at Hanover at 7:00 PM. ON VHSL website had start at 6 but game time was changed this afternoon to 7:00 PM.
After 1 Millbrook 2-0; Conor Hartigan single up the middle brings in 2. After 2 Millbrook 4-0. After 3 still 4-0. After 3 1/2 MB 4-2; Sherando's Reid Entsminger hits a 2 run HR to left. After 4 MB 5-2 sac.fly. After 5 MB 5-2. After 5 1/2 5-5 Sherando gets 3; Connor Stevenson 2 run single brings in 2 of the 3 runs. After 6 5-5; MB got two on but Sherando held. FINAL Millbrook 6 Sherando 5. With bases loaded and one out; Alex Amos sac. fly brings in Conor Hartigan for the win. Millbrook has now beaten Sherando for the fifth time this season. Four by one run.

After 2 0-0 Grafton/Hanover. After 3 Hanover 1-0. After 4 Hanover 2-0. After 6 Hanover 2-0. FINAL Hanover 2 Grafton 0.
4A State semifinals set: Friday June 13 at 3:00 PM Hanover vs. Sherando then at 6:00 PM Millbrook vs. Grafton. Both games are at Liberty University.

Wednesday June 4
4A North Louisa at Sherando.. After 2 1-1.After 4 still 1-1 Smallwood on the mound for SW. After 5 1-1. After 6 1-1 FINAL Sherando 2-1. Reid Entsminger singles in Smallwood. More later. I used my smartphone at the game. First time I've ever done that. Got a little rough. Tough loss for Louisa; they left 9 on base twice with them loaded. Both starters pitched really good. Louisa had LH Thomas Dunnavant. Win puts Sherando back in the state semifinals. In the bottom of the 7th Smallwood was first up; he hit a soft infield grounder I think between the pitcher and the third baseman. I was looking down but I believe that's right; then Entsminger came up and hit a shot that I thought was going out to left center but hit the fence and Smallwood come all the was around for the winning run. Friday Sherando will play the winner of the Millbrook/Amherst game in the North Regional championship.

4A South After 2 Grafton 2 King's Fork 1; Bottom 4th at Grafton KF 4-2; After 4 1/2 KF 4-3; In the bottom of the 6th Grafton's Evan Sperling hits a leadoff HR Grafton 5-4; FINAL Grafton 6 King's Fork 4. Grafton/Hanover Friday.

Millbrook/Amherst have not started; weather delay. 6:00. AT 6:15 rain started field is covered with tarp. Game may resume around 7:00 rain has stopped. at 6:35 Game has now started 7:03 Starters MB Antony Simonelli AC Nathan Trevillian. .After 1 0-0. After 2 0-0. After 3 1/2 MB 1-0 Ryan Hartigan RBI double. After 4 MB 1-0. After 5 MB 1-0. Millbrook scores 9 runs in the bottom of the 6th now lead 10-0. Millbrook's 6th 14 batters, 6 hits, 4 walks, 3 Amherst pitchers and 2 errors. FINAL Millbrook 12 Amherst Co. 3. Millbrook/Sherando Friday.

After 1 Hanover 1 Nansemond River 1 game is at NR. After 2 1-1 After 3 Hanover 2-1. After 5 2-2. After 6 2-2 After 7 2-2
In the top of the 8th; bases loaded walk scores go ahead run Hanover 3-2 going to the bottom of the 8th. FINAL Hanover 3 Nansemond River 2. Hanover/Grafton Friday.

This post was edited on 6/7 10:18 AM by Bluetree

~~~ 3A Regional Semifinals Updates/ Finals June 4, 5 , Friday June 6

Friday Regional Championships: William Byrd vs.Tunstall at Franklin HS 6:00 PM; Poquoson vs. Loudoun Valley at Massaponax HS 5:00 PM.
After 2 1/2 Loudoun Valley 4 Poquoson 2. After 4 1/2 LV 4-2 After 5 LV 4-2 FINAL Loudoun Valley 5 Poquoson 3.

After 3 Tunstall 0 William Byrd 0. Bottom 5th Tunstall 2-0; Kendall Shelton HR to right field. FINAL Tunstall 2 William Byrd 0.
State 3A semifinals set; Friday June 13 at Liberty U. 9:00am Tunstall vs. Poquoson then at 12:00 Loudoun Valley vs. William Byrd.

Wednesday, Thursday: William Byrd/TA started a little early but thunder has stopped game. Rader don't look good in Covington. This happen around 5:00. AT 6:05 ground crew working on field. At 6:20 game resumed Top 1st. After 1 TA 2-1 Lucas Clarke 2 run RBI double. After 2 TA 2-1; Evan Hanifee RBI double. After 3 TA 4-1 After 4 TA 4-1 At 7:40 another weather delay. Bottom 5th. At 8:15 still raining. Tunstall/Blacksburg had been rescheduled for Thursday. TA/WB not looking good to restart. TA/WB postponed and will resume tomorrow at 5:00. Thursday game resumed. After 5 TA 4-2. After 6 TA 4-2. TA scored two in the top of the 7th now up 6-2. Byrd comes up for the last of the 7th. Byrd ties it 6-6; FINAL William Byrd 7 Turner Ashby 6. TA's Abernathy came to pitch in the 7th. Byrd loaded the bases on two singles and a walk. WB's Horne hit liner up the middle to make it 6-3. Then TA brought in Jesse Showwalter to pitch; So Dustin Boothe came up next to bat and he hits double that came close to going out to bring in 3 to tie it 6-6. So TA again changed pitchers this time Evan Hanifee. Next batter grounds out and Boothe goes to 3rd. And then the game ends on a wild pitch and Boothe scores the winning run to end TA's season. Tough way to go out; but also give Byrd credit for not giving up after TA got two in the top of the 7th.Byrd will now move on and play the winner of the Blacksburg/Tunstall game which is coming up next.

After 1 Loudoun Valley 1 New Kent 0; After 2 New Kent 4-1. Reed on the mound for LV. After 3 LV 5-4 Valley scored 4 in the bottom of the 3rd.Light rain After 4 LV 5-4. After 4 1/2 LV 5-4 Valley ended top 5th with a 3-6-3 DP. Valley scores 8 in the bottom of the 5th now up 13-5. Gore and Carpenter both two run HR's. FINAL Loudoun Valley 13 New Kent 5. Will Reed CG 8 K's.

FINAL Poquoson 4 Kettle Run 1 in 9in. Poquoson/Valley Friday.

Bottom 6th Tunstall 4 Blacksburg 2 FINAL Tunstall 4 Blacksburg 2. Tunstall/William Byrd Friday.

This post was edited on 6/7 10:21 AM by Bluetree

NBC TV-25

If anyone is interested in seeing any highlights of Millbrook and Sherando baseball conference and regional games you can view them on their sports connection page. The only one that they did not have highlights of were the Millbrook/Amherst game.

NBC TV-25

Re: ~~~ 4A Regional Semifinals Updates/Finals June 4, Friday June 6

How does Sherando get to play for the State when they lost to Millbrook again in the regional. Am I missing something here.

4A has a North and a South.

Two finalists from 4A North get to play at Liberty U.

Two finalists from 4A South get to play at Liberty U.

There's a semifinal round and a championship game next weekend, in your own backyard.

Come on by and watch some great baseball, wikki!

Otherwise, that's what you'll be "missing."

Probably will not, if it were football, I definitely would because that is my favorite. Since Amherst is not playing I will find something else to do. Sorry

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT