ADVERTISEMENT

3A West

Dec 10, 2011
With February upon us the Conference tournaments start in a couple of weeks. Who will come out of the conference tournaments and make it to the State playoffs? My predictions are:
Conference 32 Conference 31 Conference 30 Conference 29
1. Hidden Valley 1. Lord Botetourt 1. Brookville 1. Spotswood
2. Abingdon 2. Magna Vista 2. Liberty-Bedford 2 Turner Ashby

In Conference 32 I thought Hidden Valley was the cream of the crop. They were undefeated until recently when Abingdon beat them 70-59. I thought Cave Spring would come out of conference 32 but Abingdon's win over Hidden Valley changed my mind

Conference 31 I like Lord Botetourt. Even though they have 7 losses I think they will win this conference. They are a senior dominated team and have been playing well of late. Magna Vista is 12-2 on the season

Conference 30 I have Brookville and Liberty coming out of Conference 30. Brookville is undefeated but their schedule isn't the toughest. Liberty, in MIkayla Jones, has one of the best athletes around.

Conference 29. This is the hardest conference to pick as, in my opinion, it is the toughest conference. In Turner Ashby, Spotswood, Monticello, and Broadway you have 4 teams which are deserving of moving on to state. Only 2, however, can go. I have Spotswood beating T. A. on their homecourt to win the Conference championship. I could just as easily be wrong, however, and Monticello could be playing Broadway in the final.

Conference 29 and 31 each get 3 teams to regionals now since their conferences are bigger than the other two. I would add Rockbridge County to make it out of C-31, they have some talented players. I like your picks for C-29, I like Spotswood/TA in the Championship and Monticello to knock off Broadway in the consolation game.

3A West is going to be a dogfight.

I wasn't aware that Conference 29 and 31 were getting an extra team. I guess that is only fair though. I wonder how that will be seeded? Will 6 teams get a bye? Then the 3rd team out of Conference 29 and 31 will play the 2nd place team from the other conferences in the first round?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT