ADVERTISEMENT

4A East Semis: #1 Dinwiddie (29) #2 Lake Taylor (15) - FINAL

pizzzzza

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Nov 9, 2001
5:48 left 1stQ - Lake Taylor 3, Dinwiddie 0. Nestor Guardado 22-yard field goal

5:29 left 2ndQ - Dinwiddie 7, Lake Taylor 3. Bryce Witt 20-yard TD pass to K'Vaughan Pope

Dinwiddie 14. Lake Taylor 9. 2, 4:57. Freeland answers LT kickoff TD with a kickoff return TD of his own.

Rae'shawn Griffin with the twenty yard carry

Lake Taylor 15. Dinwiddie 14. 3, 4:57. Titans TD run but don't convert the 2-pt try

ke Taylor 15. Dinwiddie 14. End of 3rd quarter. Titans ball on their own 38.

2:38 to play - Dinwiddie 22, Lake Taylor 15. Tye Freeland with a 35-yard TD run. K'Vaughan Pope 2-point run.

Lake Taylor returns the kickoff for a TOUCHDOWN, but it's called back for holding. Tense moment in Dinwiddie.

Tyrek Hughey completes pass for Lake Taylor down to the Dinwiddie 40 then finds Rashard Russell at the 29. 1:30 to play.

K'Vaughan Pope with an 80-yard INT TD return and the cannon fires off as Dinwiddie leads Lake Taylor 29-15 with 1:02 to go.

Reactions: wikki
Rather have home cookin than a sore loser team that destroys the locker room they were using because they lost!! A great high school football game that gets ruined by sore losers that can't take defeat. STAY CLASSY LAKE TAYLOR!! And by the way if you think that was home field officiating then you have NEVER seen home cookin!!!

Rather have home cookin than a sore loser team that destroys the locker room they were using because they lost!! A great high school football game that gets ruined by sore losers that can't take defeat. STAY CLASSY LAKE TAYLOR!! And by the way if you think that was home field officiating then you have NEVER seen home cookin!!!
I'm not lake Taylor, I went to the game as a fan of football and live in the central region. That definitely was home cooking. I can count 4 or 5 different occasions that went dinwiddie way that were questionable but again we are talking about 4a. Put dinwiddie against highland springs or lc bird and that's some real football. Unfortunately I wasn't impressed by dinwiddie as they are hype to be!

I saw quite a few questionable calls both ways. And I wasn't saying you were LT I was just stating the frustration with the aftermath of the game with the locker room situation. It was an evenly matched game it Din. just made more plays down the stretch. The last kick return that was called back.. There was a clear hold on LT on the field.. So obvious that it had to be called.

Reactions: Gen54
I'm not lake Taylor, I went to the game as a fan of football and live in the central region. That definitely was home cooking. I can count 4 or 5 different occasions that went dinwiddie way that were questionable but again we are talking about 4a. Put dinwiddie against highland springs or lc bird and that's some real football. Unfortunately I wasn't impressed by dinwiddie as they are hype to be!
Why would you be talking about putting a 4a team against a 5a team? That is actually showing more respect to 4a...

I saw quite a few questionable calls both ways. And I wasn't saying you were LT I was just stating the frustration with the aftermath of the game with the locker room situation. It was an evenly matched game it Din. just made more plays down the stretch. The last kick return that was called back.. There was a clear hold on LT on the field.. So obvious that it had to be called.
so let me ask because I was on the sideline, the obvious
Why would you be talking about putting a 4a team against a 5a team? That is actually showing more respect to 4a...
4a is weak and that's obvious but the fact these schools are getting player from other areas like the freland kid will never be respected. The size and population of dinwiddie compared to bird or highland springs is not much difference. I know a number of 5a teams that would beat 6a and vice versa.

so let me ask because I was on the sideline, the obvious

4a is weak and that's obvious but the fact these schools are getting player from other areas like the freland kid will never be respected. The size and population of dinwiddie compared to bird or highland springs is not much difference. I know a number of 5a teams that would beat 6a and vice versa.
Didn't Dinwiddie beat a 6a school that went to the playoffs? Thomas Dale? Salem beat 5a playoff team Patrick Henry. I would actually argue that 4a is closer to 5a than any other division is to the division above it.

Didn't Dinwiddie beat a 6a school that went to the playoffs? Thomas Dale? Salem beat 5a playoff team Patrick Henry. I would actually argue that 4a is closer to 5a than any other division is to the division above it.
So you are taking dinwiddie over highland springs or bird?

Also, they can't help when players want to move or transfer to the school. Are you suggesting that they shouldn't accept them?

Also, they can't help when players want to move or transfer to the school. Are you suggesting that they shouldn't accept them?
We both know it's a lot more to that but I'll take that come back! I've been around coach mcfee at Huguenot and bedwell to not believe that but ok

I also forgot that LT beat Norview. Norview went further in the 5a playoffs than LT did in the 4a bracket.

Yes, I think games with both of those teams would be competitive which is pretty sad, Highland Springs has around 600 more students than Dinwiddie and Bird has close to 700 more. That is a massive advantage... nowhere near what you said about the size not being much different.

That's not accurate, just looked it up. It's a 200 student different. Between highland springs and dinwiddie! I want the best out of our area to face each other. When I graduated in 04, we were 9-1 and missed the playoffs d6. Now you have team 7-3 and 6-4 making it to the playoffs.

Agreed!! Way too many teams in the playoffs now. 3A East had a 1-9 team make it only to get shutout and beat by 50+...go figure.

Sounds like the Dinwiddie/LT game lived up to the hype. I wish I could have seen it. Still a lot of football to be played yet so I'm not ready to hand them the rings, but sounds like they are definitely the team to beat.

That's not accurate, just looked it up. It's a 200 student different. Between highland springs and dinwiddie! I want the best out of our area to face each other. When I graduated in 04, we were 9-1 and missed the playoffs d6. Now you have team 7-3 and 6-4 making it to the playoffs.
I was looking up the enrollment from the closest source I could find. Not sure why it would show that difference. Where are you looking at enrollment numbers?

There were calls on both sides that were questionable. Always is and always will be. Fact of the matter is LT had a few dropped passes and some passes that were slightly off the mark. Two that I remember were on/near the goal line. LT makes those plays it's a different game. Maybe not a different outcome as Pope dropped a sure touchdown as well. I believe Dinwiddie also dropped other passes too. POINT: Make the plays your chances are favorable for a win. Don't make the plays almost assuredly you will lose.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT