ADVERTISEMENT

4C - Who makes the playoffs?

Oct 9, 2014
This is the one region that is only sending 6 teams. In my opinion there are only 7 teams with legitimate chances to get in. Since my boss is out of town this week, I have played out the rest of the season and have my prediction. My prediction is based on the following out comes in what I consider key games:

Martinsburg over Sherando
Woodgrove over Dominion
Heritage over Riverside
Sherando over Kettle Run
Woodgrove over Heritage
Liberty over Kettle Run
Dominion over Loudoun Valley
Liberty over Millbrook
Sherando over Millbrook

If no major upsets take place then you end up with standings that look something like this:

Liberty 286 28.6
Woodgrove 274 27.4
Sherando 268 26.8
Dominion 254 25.4
Millbrook 252 25.2
Kettle Run 234 23.4
Heritage 232 23.2
Handley 208 20.8
Loudoun Valley 205 20.5
Loudoun Co. 197 19.7
Riverside 181 18.1
Fauquier 177 17.7
James Wood 174 17.4
Park View 153 15.3

Did you factor in any possibility that any "District Champions" would not qualify on power points, and thus would be included in the playoff format, up to a total of eight teams? That would be an extremely unique situation, but that is how 4C decided to set up their format. (Why the hell didn't they just take eight like everyone else?)

You sound like a used car salesman. "I can sell you this car at this price, but only while my boss is out of town".

Any old guy from the greater Richmond area like me will remember "Mad Man, Dapper Dan". His slogan was "he would give them away, but his wife won't let him!"

Thanks for the projection. We are deep enough into the season now, that a picture is starting to emerge.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
Barring any injuries, I think the top five will be Liberty, Woodgrove, Sherando, Millbrook, and Dominion, but not necessarily in that order.

Number 6 is up for grabs, but I think any of the top 4 could beat each other.

I’m not so sure Millbrook loses to Liberty, and Sherando has had difficulties winning big games for several years now. Not believing the hype on any of these 4C teams this year, I will buy into something when I see some better football. Talent is there for sure.

Reactions: OCBoy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT