ADVERTISEMENT

5A Region B 2020 Predictions

iDidntGetBanned

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 30, 2019
Gonna be the most stacked in the state regardless of classification and really there are 4-5 teams that could win the region in 2020. My top 5 right now:

1. Highland Springs. They will be loaded once again and will win A LOT of games in 2020 with superior coaching and talent.
2. Deep Run. Will have arguably the best player in the 5A in Bo Kite and could run the table barring a slip up to Glen Allen or Herm. They return A LOT.
3. Manchester. Those guys have a program out on Bailey Bridge Rd. Lost Garcia and a few others, but they return Shelton who is gonna be real good and a couple of other studs. Will be no worst than 8-2.
4. Varina. Lost a lot but they have some studs on Messer Rd. Expect some transfers in, so they could be higher. Bobby Dunn should have another big year at QB.
5. Herm. Dave Bedwell returns to the sidelines and they return 19 starters, mostly 3 year starters, off a team that beat Dale and hung in tough the first half with Maury and Varina. Only reason I don’t have them higher is they were 1-9 and 4-6 the past two seasons and will need to prove themselves. I see that they have Huguenot, Henrico, Dale, and Varina before taking on Deep Run, Freeman, and Glen Allen. We’ll know very soon on how good the Panthers are.

Glen Allen, Prince George and Freeman will all be good too but I think any of those first 5 can win this region.

Definitely should be an interested season upcoming. The top 4 could go either way. HS n Varina will be good. Hermitage have to go thru that gauntlet of a schedule to stay in the playoffs race which will be tough. Deep Run will be good returning alot of starters from year ago. Interested to see how Henrico and LC Bird will look this season. Hearing Glen Allen revamping their coaching staff and maybe some transfers the west end can get exciting as well. This will be another good year of 5B football

Definitely should be an interested season upcoming. The top 4 could go either way. HS n Varina will be good. Hermitage have to go thru that gauntlet of a schedule to stay in the playoffs race which will be tough. Deep Run will be good returning alot of starters from year ago. Interested to see how Henrico and LC Bird will look this season. Hearing Glen Allen revamping their coaching staff and maybe some transfers the west end can get exciting as well. This will be another good year of 5B football
If any of these teams are undefeated I’ll be surprised at the end of the year.

Only thing different is HSHS don't have any home games this year
But it may not make any difference to them

Also remember HSHS is seeking an out of state opponent to play on ESPN August 28th.
I've heard, that they might be taking a trip to Alabama.... possible, but not sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT