ADVERTISEMENT

6 games, no playoffs, local schedule, who you playing?

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
For the 6 games I chose, I decided to play teams like Sandlot does. Roanoke City, Co, & Botetourt Co are the closest schools
Who's in your backyard?

Northside
Glenvar
William Fleming
Patrick Henry
William Byrd
Lord Botetourt

I left off Cave Spring and Hidden Valley because we always play them and thought it would be interesting to play teams we haven't played lately if possible.

We got Luray, Strasburg, Page, Rappahannock County, East Rockingham, and Madison County. All pretty much rural counties and within 2 hours driving distance, MC is the furthest away. Now, if we are talking playing different classes, just down the road from us is Sherando, Handley, Millbrook, and James Wood. All of whom are 4a. It would be fun to play against them if there is no chance of playoffs and no penalty for playing down a class or two for the 4a teams. Cross town rivalries are always a great atmosphere.

If it was left up to me we’d play the teams in our region. I’d like to see GW play Glass, Halifax, Amherst, Salem, Blacksburg (or Pulaski but Blacksburg is closer and we haven’t played the Bruins before) and JF. Go by power points and have a one game bowl for the championship. Make the season worth something.

If it was left up to me we’d play the teams in our region. I’d like to see GW play Glass, Halifax, Amherst, Salem, Blacksburg (or Pulaski but Blacksburg is closer and we haven’t played the Bruins before) and JF. Go by power points and have a one game bowl for the championship. Make the season worth something.
It'd be fun if Clarke County would be able to compete for the Apple Cup against Handley, James Wood, Millbrook, and Sherando.

For the 6 games I chose, I decided to play teams like Sandlot does. Roanoke City, Co, & Botetourt Co are the closest schools
Who's in your backyard?

Northside
Glenvar
William Fleming
Patrick Henry
William Byrd
Lord Botetourt

I left off Cave Spring and Hidden Valley because we always play them and thought it would be interesting to play teams we haven't played lately if possible.

With phase 3 lasting well into next year this is all a dream. September 2021 is a possibility.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT