ADVERTISEMENT

75 fans

I would said Hopewell is much better than George Washington and North Stafford. Just as people said Dinwiddie would get crushed by muray but they didn't, they played a good game. Good luck to both teams next at Dinwiddie.

They did beat Matoaca on the road handily which Surprised me. Motoaca is a quality team here in the 804. Historically, I would agree with you but they have raised my eyebrows a bit thus far. I think we are getting too quick with the trigger of the running clock stuff on the board. You have a lot of “if’s” in your above scenario. Last year was last year. Truth is though, I have no idea but I think they might go undefeated a beat Lafayette and Tabb. It is also possible they are better than you think. Time will tell
Tabb and Warhill are even right now with a 5 point edge to Warhill due them to playing the same opponent. Tabb gave up 19 points to a team that Phoebus just gave a running clock which you can then use to analyze the Tabb/Warhill potential against a team like Phoebus. They are too slow. I am sorry but this is not rocket science. Unless something drastic happens to the top 4 D4 teams, they are going to drag Tabb or Warhill in any potential match up. But I am appreciate your analysis. It's not like they have a Phoebus defense to fall back on. This is why I was calling for Freedom to have not many problems with Dematha. After analyzing them and having seen them in person I knew they would not be able to just easily beat Freedom. In the past I had a different technique I used to analyze teams. I was able to call the 01 and 02 D5 champion after seeing the first game of the 2001 season. No one believed me. But like you said, I could be wrong.

I cheer/pull for Phoebus because of their PD/757 affiliation, but.......some of the fans are too much to deal with. I remember when Blacksburg was "too slow" and had "never seen this kind of speed"...I actually enjoyed watching some of their fans drown that plate of fried crow with gallons of Texas Pete.
Be humble and show some respect for the other kids that are busting their a$$e$ just as hard. Win with class and show some humble respect when you lose.
It's NOT JUST PHOEBUS...there are multiple teams in the state that this applies.
I stated probably 15 years ago... when you post .. remember that you're talking about a teenage kid, someone's son, grandson, nephew...a kid that's busting their butt to be the best they can. Show some class and respect... it'll be returned....
I love watching Phoebus football... they're fun...their fans? WOOOOOOO!!!!!

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I cheer/pull for Phoebus because of their PD/757 affiliation, but.......some of the fans are too much to deal with. I remember when Blacksburg was "too slow" and had "never seen this kind of speed"...I actually enjoyed watching some of their fans drown that plate of fried crow with gallons of Texas Pete.
Be humble and show some respect for the other kids that are busting their a$$e$ just as hard. Win with class and show some humble respect when you lose.
It's NOT JUST PHOEBUS...there are multiple teams in the state that this applies.
I stated probably 15 years ago... when you post .. remember that you're talking about a teenage kid, someone's son, grandson, nephew...a kid that's busting their butt to be the best they can. Show some class and respect... it'll be returned....
I love watching Phoebus football... they're fun...they’re fans? WOOOOOOO!!!!!
So what did a Phoebus fan say to even get you to type this paragraph?

So what did a Phoebus fan say to even get you to type this paragraph?
It's not you....but we have a few.
I CLEARLY said not every fan. However, when they lose, those particular fans show up with 10,001 excuses....and they act like no one else in the state fields a team with athletes.
It was a comment. I'm a Phoebus fan...those kids are hard working and bust their butts...just like every other high school kid that some fans can't or won't acknowledge.
Phoebus isn't the only fan base guilty of it...I probably, unfairly, didn't mention that.
Not a personal attack...just an observation. Nothing wrong with keeping it real. Sometimes a slice of humble pie is good for your.
If anyone takes my post personally, chances are real good they NEEDED to read my words.

It's not you....but we have a few.
I CLEARLY said not every fan. However, when they lose, those particular fans show up with 10,001 excuses....and they act like no one else in the state fields a team with athletes.
It was a comment. I'm a Phoebus fan...those kids are hard working and bust their butts...just like every other high school kid that some fans can't or won't acknowledge.
Phoebus isn't the only fan base guilty of it...I probably, unfairly, didn't mention that.
Not a personal attack...just an observation. Nothing wrong with keeping it real. Sometimes a slice of humble pie is good for your.
If anyone takes my post personally, chances are real good they NEEDED to read my words.
Were you here in 2012 when I posted that Phoebus was not going far in the playoffs or after they switched to D3 and I said they that they were not going to just takeover immediately? It’s simple human nature to remember the worst of anything. In 2015 I was ridiculed for having the gall to support the Salem Spartans over Lake Taylor. The lesson I learned was that you can’t be respectful enough. I was ridiculed by Salem fans and belittled so badly by another that I still have the messages today. Were you here in 1980 when the Kecougtan/Phoebus school zones were changed? Since you mentioned Phoebus fans I ask you as Angela Bassett asked Denzel Washington in X, “Are you sure? Are you sure? Are you sure or are you blind?” Because you definitely were not here when the Phantoms were getting Rick Rolled like a homecoming opponent in the early 80s. I am more than 1000% certain that you do not deal with anyone from Phoebus so much that you know every single one of us that have or have had children at Phoebus. Do you know those of us who have had to bury loved ones from Phoebus or in Phoebus? If we do brag a little too much let me be the first to tell you, in the words of the mighty, mighty James Brown, “We paid the cost to be the boss.” But, I still believe Salem is one of the greatest Virginia high school football program in our long history.

Were you here in 2012 when I posted that Phoebus was not going far in the playoffs or after they switched to D3 and I said they that they were not going to just takeover immediately? It’s simple human nature to remember the worst of anything. In 2015 I was ridiculed for having the gall to support the Salem Spartans over Lake Taylor. The lesson I learned was that you can’t be respectful enough. I was ridiculed by Salem fans and belittled so badly by another that I still have the messages today. Were you here in 1980 when the Kecougtan/Phoebus school zones were changed? Since you mentioned Phoebus fans I ask you as Angela Bassett asked Denzel Washington in X, “Are you sure? Are you sure? Are you sure or are you blind?” Because you definitely were not here when the Phantoms were getting Rick Rolled like a homecoming opponent in the early 80s. I am more than 1000% certain that you do not deal with anyone from Phoebus so much that you know every single one of us that have or have had children at Phoebus. Do you know those of us who have had to bury loved ones from Phoebus or in Phoebus? If we do brag a little too much let me be the first to tell you, in the words of the mighty, mighty James Brown, “We paid the cost to be the boss.” But, I still believe Salem is one of the greatest Virginia high school football program in our long history.
Thank you for proving my point.
If Bill Dee had stayed in Southampton where would Phoebus be today? I was playing high school ball in the early 80s at King William. I'm well aware of what Coach Smith and Coach Koz was doing your Phantoms back then.
I'm well aware of the history.... I've also been a LONG TIME member of VAPREPS....I didn't call out anyone specifically but they'll always find a way to show up.
I still stand by my original comment.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Thank you for proving my point.
If Bill Dee had stayed in Southampton where would Phoebus be today? I was playing high school ball in the early 80s at King William. I'm well aware of what Coach Smith and Coach Koz was doing your Phantoms back then.
I'm well aware of the history.... I've also been a LONG TIME member of VAPREPS....I didn't call out anyone specifically but they'll always find a way to show up.
I still stand by my original comment.
The problem is that you can never be right enough for anyone. No one is obligated to cheer for their team in a manner that makes you happy. Any fans of any team that experienced getting smashed only to turn into a monster program gets to make the most noise. I don't think @DinwiddieProud was all that happy following that 2000 45-7 drubbing by Heritage or 2008 37-13 by you know who but how did last year feel? I have cheered for Dinwiddie. I have family buried in the ground. I've cheered for Petersburg. I used to live there. Just because people have strong opinions and make post on the board that you might not like does not make the person bad. Forcing agreement and attempting to safe space your mind is yucky. In 2001 I had people get mad when I made a post about Phoebus taking over D5 and winning 6 championships before they ever won one (and turned put to be RIGHT) only for them to NEVER EVER come back and APOLOGIZE and admit to being WRONG. I can type in caps also without lying.😃 I can't make any point for you because you can use info however you want. I have tried supporting other teams. It did not work out well at all. So instead of giving another team 10% I am gonna give the Phantoms 1000%. My friend, I will repeat this because you did not read it; Salem Spartan fans came at me for saying they were going to WIN the 2015 state title. What point do you think you made? "Help me, help you. Help me, help you." Jerry Maguire.

• Haha
Reactions: gwb16
Dinwiddie is a tough Team they played Glenville
GW and Maury on the road as well as North Stafford they are the real deal players and coaches many fans have a strange way of looking at things a lot of them have unrealistic expectations

The problem is that you can never be right enough for anyone. No one is obligated to cheer for their team in a manner that makes you happy. Any fans of any team that experienced getting smashed only to turn into a monster program gets to make the most noise. I don't think @DinwiddieProud was all that happy following that 2000 45-7 drubbing by Heritage or 2008 37-13 by you know who but how did last year feel? I have cheered for Dinwiddie. I have family buried in the ground. I've cheered for Petersburg. I used to live there. Just because people have strong opinions and make post on the board that you might not like does not make the person bad. Forcing agreement and attempting to safe space your mind is yucky. In 2001 I had people get mad when I made a post about Phoebus taking over D5 and winning 6 championships before they ever won one (and turned put to be RIGHT) only for them to NEVER EVER come back and APOLOGIZE and admit to being WRONG. I can type in caps also without lying.😃 I can't make any point for you because you can use info however you want. I have tried supporting other teams. It did not work out well at all. So instead of giving another team 10% I am gonna give the Phantoms 1000%. My friend, I will repeat this because you did not read it; Salem Spartan fans came at me for saying they were going to WIN the 2015 state title. What point do you think you made? "Help me, help you. Help me, help you." Jerry Maguire.
Ken....I can't be anymore serious when I tell you this...No one was happier to see Phoebus rise from PD doormats to one of the best programs in the history of Virginia high school football.
I still think you missed my point. Celebrate your team and their success but temper it with showing respect to your opponent. There have been numerous times over the years that some fans have trashed the opposition. That's just disrespectful. And the reason why I'm loving Colorado football right now....
Some in your fanbase wonder why you have so many haters...it is not because of the success, it's level of disrespect from some. (NOT ALL)...But remember, one bad apple ruins the bushel.

Ken....I can't be anymore serious when I tell you this...No one was happier to see Phoebus rise from PD doormats to one of the best programs in the history of Virginia high school football.
I still think you missed my point. Celebrate your team and their success but temper it with showing respect to your opponent. There have been numerous times over the years that some fans have trashed the opposition. That's just disrespectful. And the reason why I'm loving Colorado football right now....
Some in your fanbase wonder why you have so many haters...it is not because of the success, it's level of disrespect from some. (NOT ALL)...But remember, one bad apple ruins the bushel.
I agree with you on celebrating without being disrespectful. BUT. Isn't part of being opposing fans always been related to trash talk? Nothing new there. When I was mocked for supporting Salem no one was more hurt and shock than I. One of the ones that mocked me did it on purpose. How much more respectful can an opposing fan be than to root for another team to win a state title but het ridiculed for it? So we cannot have it both ways and fans are gonna talk smack. Catch me at Darling. I'll get you whatever you want from the snack bar when play starts back up.

Reactions: gwb16
South Old Church Street. The house is no longer there. About 3 lots before Cameron on the even side.
An old Blandford guy. I was born and raised in Pembrook/Kenellsworth.
Like almost all neighborhoods, mine included, they have deteriorated.

I would imagine that there were some fun places to play as a boy along the edge of the cemetery along Wills Road near where you lived.

I know that I had a good childhood growing up in Petersburg. It was a much safer time, and I wondered far and wide. I fished in every creek, pond, stream, and the river that I could get to. I carried newspapers and always caught the bus and went downtown on Saturdays to pay my paper bill. And if I had enough money left, I went to a movie at the Century or the Bluebird. And get a 15 cent hamburger at the Mayfair on Washington Street.

An old Blandford guy. I was born and raised in Pembrook/Kenellsworth.
Like almost all neighborhoods, mine included, they have deteriorated.

I would imagine that there were some fun places to play as a boy along the edge of the cemetery along Wills Road near where you lived.

I know that I had a good childhood growing up in Petersburg. It was a much safer time, and I wondered far and wide. I fished in every creek, pond, stream, and the river that I could get to. I carried newspapers and always caught the bus and went downtown on Saturdays to pay my paper bill. And if I had enough money left, I went to a movie at the Century or the Bluebird. And get a 15 cent hamburger at the Mayfair on Washington Street.
I was not allowed to go down by the cemetery. I was related to many of the people living in the neighborhood at the time so I would play with my cousins and go to my aunts and uncles houses or play in my grandparents backyard. It was a fun time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT