ADVERTISEMENT

A little recent history about Northumberland Football...

uvacavs1

VaPreps All District
Jul 30, 2010
I was thinking about some of the negativity being thrown by some at Northumberland Football and Indian Head Coach Aaron Lewis.

The defense is horrible and the schedule is so weak and so on.

(Let's not forget that NHS does play in the Northern Neck District which is, without question, the best overall sports district in Class 1 Virginia).

Even I have expressed several times my concerns about the defense or too many penalties etc. (Both of those areas have been improved upon greatly imo.)

Well, instead of people always tearing down "the new kid on the block" let me point out a few amazing accomplishments by Coach Lewis, his staff, and his players.

Reactions: trutiger16
This is Coach Lewis' 7th year as NHS Football Head Coach.

Lewis has a record of 50-23.

How many coaches at any level would kill for that record?

In the previous 17 years prior to Coach Lewis going back to 1999 (the year I started paying more attention to NND sports)... Northumberland football won a total of 51 freaking games. In 8 of those 17 years NHS only won 1 or 0 games.

Most of the teams that on the schedule these days are the same teams that have been on the schedule the whole time.

NHS plays the old Region A teams (NND, old Tidewater, Tri-Rivers & Eastern Shore). Because of NHS' extreme eastern location it is often hard to schedule other schools.

Reactions: trutiger16
Coach Lewis and Northumberland finally defeated powerhouse Essex in 2018 and then lost to the Trojans in Region A Championship war in the so called Mud Bowl of 2018.

That is the only time Northumberland has been able to defeat a Jones or Fulks coached Essex team.

Coach Lewis also happily devoted countless hours to assisting and promoting Cam Seldon who is now playing for the SEC's University of Tennessee and is already being hailed as a possible future NFL high draft pick.

Lewis does and would do that for any of his kids. He has some D1 schools looking at a few of his kids now.

So, regardless of what may happen against Essex this weekend, people may say what the f--- they want.

All I know is that recently Northumberland High School has had freaking helicopters with Top 25 FBS college coaches with their entourages hovering all over little, rural Northumberland County.

I never tore your program down but you choose to throw shade at Sussex Central at consistent basis. Be a man and stop throwing rocks and hiding your hands afterwards. I’m a proud Sussex Alum with a State Title on my resume, I’m heavily vested in the Sussex Community so if you come for them with negative shade I will return the favor. Kudos for what Northumberland has accomplished, I’m sorry we on this board dont talk about them enough, bulletin board material that you are looking for please create it. No one is thinking about Northumberland. If you can beat Essex by all means do so. Sussex will have their hands full with an well coached, hard nosed, traditionally great program in Altavista that will compete. Good luck to Northumberland .

I never tore your program down but you choose to throw shade at Sussex Central at consistent basis. Be a man and stop throwing rocks and hiding your hands afterwards. I’m a proud Sussex Alum with a State Title on my resume, I’m heavily vested in the Sussex Community so if you come for them with negative shade I will return the favor. Kudos for what Northumberland has accomplished, I’m sorry we on this board dont talk about them enough, bulletin board material that you are looking for please create it. No one is thinking about Northumberland. If you can beat Essex by all means do so. Sussex will have their hands full with an well coached, hard nosed, traditionally great program in Altavista that will compete. Good luck to Northumberland .
1) Thank you for that comprehensible response. Well done...Impressive.

2) I was just simply taking up for Coach Lewis and his Northumberland program.

Also, I was letting other Virginia Preps fans know about the recent history of Northumberland football.

Last edited:
3) what are you even talking about - I never once threw shade on Sussex. I am fairly sure that in my only top 10 ranking of the 1A teams that I did this season, I ranked Sussex higher than VA Preps or anyone did all season.

4) Imo, I accurately predicted that Sussex was not the powerhouse that Essex is and that many people thought.

I do not care if you or anyone has a different perspective. That is what makes it interesting and fun to debate on here.

Last edited:
Lastly, if Sussex destroys Altavista, then maybe I was wrong. I said that Sussex is a slight fav over Altavista, which you have also said twice yourself since then.

Dude, maybe you simply do not understand, I enjoy trying to be accurate in my sports predictions, regardless of teams playing, even the ones whom I pull for.

So I don't get it - it seems like you are the one trying to create bulletin board material.

May the best teams win...

3) what are you even talking about - I never once through shade on Sussex. I am fairly sure that in my only top 10 ranking of the 1A teams that I did this season I ranked Sussex higher than VA Preps or anyone did all season.

4) Imo, I accurately predicted that Sussex was not the powerhouse that Essex is and that many people thought. I do not care if you or anyone has a different perspective. That is what makes it interesting and fun to debate on here.
Stop throwing rocks and hiding your hands. Honestly if I was you , I would just chill and not piss off them young men from Tappahanock, we live in a digital world they see this stuff. Also you putting doubt in your guys head as well by already conceding defeat , instead of encouraging your program to fight there guts out Saturday.

Baby just being A SC Tiger is good enough . We don’t operate off bulletin board material, we just COMPETE REGULARLY.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT