ADVERTISEMENT

A question re-visited.

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
At least once in the past, this topic was discussed. But, I don't think we got good information.

The Central District splits the gate after expenses for district football games. (Currently, the expense cost has been established as a fixed number to eliminate questions and confusion.)

For OOD games what happens with the gate is agreed upon at contact signing. Virtually all OOD games for Dinwiddie are simply that the home team keeps the gate.

How is the gate dispersed in your district?

At least once in the past, this topic was discussed. But, I don't think we got good information.

The Central District splits the gate after expenses for district football games. (Currently, the expense cost has been established as a fixed number to eliminate questions and confusion.)

For OOD games what happens with the gate is agreed upon at contact signing. Virtually all OOD games for Dinwiddie are simply that the home team keeps the gate.

How is the gate dispersed in your district?
Interesting DP, I thought all district games the home team kept the gate. So, I’m wondering if each district sets its own rules. For example why do some schools charge $7 to get in but others $5?

Interesting DP, I thought all district games the home team kept the gate. So, I’m wondering if each district sets its own rules. For example why do some schools charge $7 to get in but others $5?
OCboy you are correct each district detrermimes price and how the gate will be split. Some districts don’t do any revenue sharing and all gate is kept by the home team. If you remember when we went to the 6 division for all sports and state playoffs starting as soon as the playoffs do, the VHSL gets the gate from post games. The team sends in a report for expenses and is paid back in July.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
OCboy you are correct each district detrermimes price and how the gate will be split. Some districts don’t do any revenue sharing and all gate is kept by the home team. If you remember when we went to the 6 division for all sports and state playoffs starting as soon as the playoffs do, the VHSL gets the gate from post games. The team sends in a report for expenses and is paid back in July.
Sort of accurate. For the initial three games of the playoffs, I believe the region gets 70%. And 30% is sent to the VHSL. The gate from the Semi and Finals goes 100% of the VHSL. Appropriate expenses are paid to the host school for the first three playoff games, and "travel expenses" are paid to the teams for the Semi and finals.

As long as anyone can remember, the Central District has split the "football" gate. This doesn't seem to be the norm though.

As long as anyone can remember, the Central District has split the "football" gate. This doesn't seem to be the norm though.
I am pretty sure the Capital and Colonial Split the gate too. Recently, a message was sent out to All Springers, fans and alumni to try and fill the stands at our away games, because we want to maximize our share of the gate!. So.... with that said, it sounds pretty clear. Especially games like Henrico and Varina.

For a lot of schools in these districts like yours and mine, if they didn't get to split the gates for their games, they would have next to no income.

A sad, but good example, Petersburg. They are lucky to get 200 at their biggest home game. When they play Dinwiddie, Hopewell, Thomas Dale, and to a lesser extent the other district schools, they hit the jackpot.

I went to a Highland Springs game last year and they changed the price at the gate. They said tonight it’s $7. So I assume it’s typically 5 or 6?

I think our district game price is set by the district, $7. But, I don't recall any regular season home game not being $7 for many years.

I think we should charge $1million. We only need one fan!!!

Henrico County has an awesome program. The Golden Age Program. If you are a Henrico County resident and are at least 60 years old, you can go to the School Board Bldg. and ask for your GAP card. It gets you into all High School games FREE of charge and other Hen. Co. functions as well.
I have mine!

Henrico County has an awesome program. The Golden Age Program. If you are a Henrico County resident and are at least 60 years old, you can go to the School Board Bldg. and ask for your GAP card. It gets you into all High School games FREE of charge and other Hen. Co. functions as well.
I have mine!
But you told me you are only 39?

Reactions: springer76
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT