ADVERTISEMENT

A quick shout out to Courtland folks.

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
I had the pleasure today of meeting the Courtland Principal and AD, their press booth coaches, and others from up there. Wonderful folks. Gracious and courteous, even after the sting of losing. You represent your school and community extremely well.

Reactions: Gen54 and 1Gensfan
Ditto. I love to win, but seeing the hurt and disappointment on the guys faces in booth made me realize just how hard coaches work. I too thought the Courtland people were very friendly.

They played a smart game based on the conditions, but their inability to pass, a gifatory pick six, combined with a slew of penalties on our part made this game close. The Cougars really need to adapt. They can beat average teams, but the top 4 in region b can slow down their offense rather easily. Dont get me wrong they have damn good athletes. Their offensive scheme seems to tie anchors to their very good running backs waist.

By the way, Pope fractured his thumb against Hopewell got the cast off Thursday thus our passing game/offense has been off for three games. He is getting better everyday. On to Monacan. I like this matchup a lot.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
I has the chance to speak with some of the Courtland fans on the way out. Super nice folks. Their boys fought hard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT