ADVERTISEMENT

A quick shout out,

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
to some folks we met today.

Three wonderful gentlemen from York, just there like us, to see some good football. Super nice guys, and one in particular was EXTREMELY knowledgeable about football all over the state.

Also to the gentleman that sat on the other side of us. He is retired from a lifetime of service to schools in the greater Roanoke area. I hope he made it back in time to get to the JF-Salem game as he planned.

A tip of the hat to Bleeding Navy for navigating and keeping me from getting lost in that foreign land known as Tidewater. And also for finding us a great little restaurant to eat lunch. Smitty's Better Burger. Old fashion service, pull up, they come to you vehicle, take your order and bring it out pronto. The only thing missing was roller skates.

Good call on Smitty's. When I went to Hampton Roads last week for the Poquoson-Phoebus game that's where I ate. You can't beat it for a pre- or post-game meal. One of these days, I'm going to put together a list of the best places to eat for every school in the state. I

Good call on Smitty's. When I went to Hampton Roads last week for the Poquoson-Phoebus game that's where I ate. You can't beat it for a pre- or post-game meal. One of these days, I'm going to put together a list of the best places to eat for every school in the state. I
That's a great idea. Be ready to give up a bunch of time, because you would have so much input from the members, it will take a lot of effort to categorize everything.

That was a neat place. Fun having them come out to the car to take the order and bring the food. And I think we learned that you beep your horn when you are finished and they will come take the window tray and the trash?

A tip of the hat to Bleeding Navy for navigating and keeping me from getting lost in that foreign land known as Tidewater. And also for finding us a great little restaurant to eat lunch. Smitty's Better Burger. Old fashion service, pull up, they come to you vehicle, take your order and bring it out pronto. The only thing missing was roller skates.

You want nostalgia...We have a Drive-in Theater just up the road about 15 minutes from here. It is AWESOME!! 2 screens, shows 4 movies each night during the season.

Reactions: mike salem
HAHAHA! If you want to get really nitpicky, it's halfway between Stephens City and Middletown!:p

I also like Sherando's stadium, nice layout!
I just wanted to note that it wasn't a clarke county attraction, because you said " we have" . Not sure what Sherando stadium has to do with the Drive-in or Clarke County , but best of luck this week to the Eagles. I will be watching the game.

I just wanted to note that it wasn't a clarke county attraction, because you said " we have" . Not sure what Sherando stadium has to do with the Drive-in or Clarke County , but best of luck this week to the Eagles. I will be watching the game.

When I said "we", I meant the area in general, not Clarke County specifically.

But I really do like Arrowhead stadium, went to the Sherando/Millbrook game this season. Loud, supportive fans and a great marching band. Enjoyed the atmosphere and the game. Just having a little fun, no disrespect intended.

Didn't take any disrespect by what you said at all. Was just clarifying that the family drive in is in Stephens city territory( aka warrior land) Middletown is warrior land also. Btw, if you can get from berryville to the family drive- in any time not between 9pm and 530am , you are flat halling a.. Haha and that's by the 340 way , or the rt7 way. Lol

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
Didn't take any disrespect by what you said at all. Was just clarifying that the family drive in is in Stephens city territory( aka warrior land) Middletown is warrior land also. Btw, if you can get from berryville to the family drive- in any time not between 9pm and 530am , you are flat halling a.. Haha and that's by the 340 way , or the rt7 way. Lol
340, and I have nothing to say about the driving time...:rolleyes: Maybe 20 minutes tops?

Reactions: Smallfry2015
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT