ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle 28 Orange 13

one man

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Dec 8, 2002
Charlottesville, VA
With our game PPD, got to check this one out tonight. It rained hard for maybe 15 minutes late in the 3rd, other than that it was steady mist that didn't require an umbrella.
As for the game. Orange had too many turnovers and J'Quan Anderson did his thing on the ground. Teams were pretty evenly matched IMO. Both very big in the trenches and fast on the edges. 7-7 at half, 14-13 after 3. A Tyquan Rose Punt Return for a TD put Albemarle up 21-13 early in the 4th. Orange was stopped on 4 & 1 around midfield with about 5 minutes left. Albemarle drove down and score with a few minutes left at which point I hit the exits. Can't wait for Monday. Anybody in the Cville area, come out to Monticello for their homecoming. 630 pm kickoff.

Hoos what is up with teams playing Louisa? Last week it was Albemarle and last year it was Western? I am not saying Louisa did or has done anything wrong but the last two years there have been minor situations. I went to Powhatan and I am sold Lion's go undefeated in the regular season.

Maybe they just don't like Louisa's physicality. The game had barely started last week and #6 of Albemarle ripped Bell's helmet off twice on the first drive. The one on the touchdown is blatantly obvious on NBC 29's highlights. That was the most undisciplined Albemarle team I've seen in my four years of seeing them. #6 is dirty, and I never like using that word.

Maybe they just don't like Louisa's physicality. The game had barely started last week and #6 of Albemarle ripped Bell's helmet off twice on the first drive. The one on the touchdown is blatantly obvious on NBC 29's highlights. That was the most undisciplined Albemarle team I've seen in my four years of seeing them. #6 is dirty, and I never like using that word.

Perhaps they have a good memory?

http://m.dailyprogress.com/sports/w...2f2-7478-11e5-a1e7-1754494cc185.html?mode=jqm. According to the article he got hit well after handing the ball off. doesn't tell of what type of injury. The game was over why not just take a knee? Very unfortunate, hope he is ok.
Hoos what is up with teams playing Louisa? Last week it was Albemarle and last year it was Western? I am not saying Louisa did or has done anything wrong but the last two years there have been minor situations. I went to Powhatan and I am sold Lion's go undefeated in the regular season.

Perhaps they have a good memory?

http://m.dailyprogress.com/sports/w...2f2-7478-11e5-a1e7-1754494cc185.html?mode=jqm. According to the article he got hit well after handing the ball off. doesn't tell of what type of injury. The game was over why not just take a knee? Very unfortunate, hope he is ok.

Not sure what Powhatan has to do with the Lions running the table as the season is only half over. Oh wait that is why we play the games.

Appy I agree have to play the game, but Louisa's hurry up offense is wearing opposing teams out. It has to be hard to practice against this style of offense. I just do not see any one in the district beating the Lions this season. Their offense is really tough at running the ball. If someone makes Louisa throw then maybe Louisa may be in trouble. I just see Louisa being too much for the district to handle.

Well we will see who has the most desire tomorrow night. My son is the head JV coach for Powhatan and they took care of business in the "Jungle" last night after losing a key player early in the game to injury. Look forward to a good game and if the Lions get the W and are better I will root them on as a JD supporter as I would for all.

Yeah, don't sleep on us. I honestly believe some JV teams could beat us. We just do not have good football players.

Hoos what can you honestly say when we broke a 19 game losing streak and have not beat a team other than spotyslvania in how long. It sucks but sometimes you have to be honest. Sorry I cannot be over ecstatic about my team every season. I can't overhype a 5-5 or 6-4 season.

Reactions: hamspear
I would just say nothing before I'd say some JV teams can beat my team. I'm glad most Fluvanna "fans" don't feel the way you do. They still come out in numbers to support their guys.

You are probably right. I apologize to FLUCO nation. Just frustrated at our beloved program that we had in the 1980's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT