Western Branch 35 Deep Creek 9
Westfield 20 Centreville 12
William Byrd 34 Alleghany 0
William Campbell 34 Altavista 7
Woodgrove 52 Park View (Sterling) 0

Last edited:
Hampton scores all 56 points in first half, rips Menchville 56-0

Ocean Lakes 58 Bayside 6. FINAL.

The Dolphins (8-0) have won 39 straight Beach district games.

Skyline 31 Handley 17 Final

Skyline's first win ever at Handley Bowl.

I lu
That was not an exciting slate of games.
i lucked out this week as I got to see two pretty good ones in heritage nn/kecoughtan and woodside/Phoebus ... But to your point, a lot of blowouts across the state this week, especially in my area (Staunton Augusta waynesboro/ valley and Shenandoah districts)

Ya'll always forget the Panthers of Little Washington...

Grace Christian 28 Rappahannock County 3 FINAL!

Ya'll always forget the Panthers of Little Washington...

Grace Christian 28 Rappahannock County 3 FINAL!
Have you seen Grace play this year? I have heard they are improved, but haven't gotten to see them play. Their school is across from the gypsy hill park football stadium, but the geniuses running staunton still won't allow them to use the city stadium, so you end up having to go to crozet to see them play their nearest game.

I heard one person say they wouldn't be able to fit them in due to lee high little league, Jv, and varsity using the fields but I'm going to have to call bs on that... The schools in Newport News and Hampton all share their respective stadiums and play varsity games Thursday, Friday, Saturday.

I had also heard they may try to use the top notch Mary Baldwin facilities (kidding) to play their games but that hasn't happened either. I will be curious to see what the future holds for them, but I hope they continue to field a team ans show improvement. I'd like to see Stuart hall get a football team as well.

Have you seen Grace play this year? I have heard they are improved, but haven't gotten to see them play. Their school is across from the gypsy hill park football stadium, but the geniuses running staunton still won't allow them to use the city stadium, so you end up having to go to crozet to see them play their nearest game.

I heard one person say they wouldn't be able to fit them in due to lee high little league, Jv, and varsity using the fields but I'm going to have to call bs on that... The schools in Newport News and Hampton all share their respective stadiums and play varsity games Thursday, Friday, Saturday.

I had also heard they may try to use the top notch Mary Baldwin facilities (kidding) to play their games but that hasn't happened either. I will be curious to see what the future holds for them, but I hope they continue to field a team ans show improvement. I'd like to see Stuart hall get a football team as well.

Could they play at the old R.E. Lee field?

I have not seen them play. I may go watch them play Quantico next Friday. But dear God, that drive from Fairfax city to Quantico on a Friday afternoon...SMH. Took me two hours to get there last night. Left at 4:15 and still didnt get there until quarter after 6.

I'd like to see them pick up Fishburne. Seems like a good private school rivalry in the county. Or like you say, if Stuart Hall (or Ridgeview) picked up a team.

I wonder what it was like when SMA and AMA were playing back in the day.

I don't forget them; they just don't ever seem to have a schedule posted with all their games on it.

I'm just joking with you anyway. Never fear, they're my default 1A program to follow since I live in Fairfax and miss my small school ball so much. I'll always give you their scores if you dont have them posted.

For a heads up, they play Chincoteague at home on the 31st, I'll be at that one. And they finish up their season the following Friday with a game vs. Massanutten...perhaps their first win since 2012 is on the horizon.

I have not seen them play. I may go watch them play Quantico next Friday. But dear God, that drive from Fairfax city to Quantico on a Friday afternoon...SMH. Took me two hours to get there last night. Left at 4:15 and still didnt get there until quarter after 6.

I'd like to see them pick up Fishburne. Seems like a good private school rivalry in the county. Or like you say, if Stuart Hall (or Ridgeview) picked up a team.

I would love it if they played on the old RE Lee field, but that is now a grass parking lot for the arts center (or whatever it is) that is in the old high school. I think it has turned into a retirement home with an arts center. The guy who bought it apparently put a fortune into that grass parking lot. But i'm with you, I wish it was there as it'd be convenient for all.

I too would like to see a private school rivalry pop up in the county, and it seems like fishburne is the likely one at the moment if they will schedule them. Fishburne is apparently weird about scheduling local teams, based off what I have heard in the past.

With SMA there was some rivalry between them and the Lee high kids, similar to the rivalry between Fishburne and Waynesboro. Those kids see each other and give each other a hard time, but dont compete against each other in sports.

I would love it if they played on the old RE Lee field, but that is now a grass parking lot for the arts center (or whatever it is) that is in the old high school. I think it has turned into a retirement home with an arts center. The guy who bought it apparently put a fortune into that grass parking lot. But i'm with you, I wish it was there as it'd be convenient for all.

I too would like to see a private school rivalry pop up in the county, and it seems like fishburne is the likely one at the moment if they will schedule them. Fishburne is apparently weird about scheduling local teams, based off what I have heard in the past.

With SMA there was some rivalry between them and the Lee high kids, similar to the rivalry between Fishburne and Waynesboro. Those kids see each other and give each other a hard time, but dont compete against each other in sports.

I think Ridgeview and Grace would be the best rivalry. But I have no clue if Ridgeview has the desire/resources to start a program. At one time it sure seemed like they were up for that challenge.

Does Grace have a soccer field they could play on?? lol. Or what about the field that VSDB uses?

When I researched the Augusta County schools, the old Staunton newspapers made the AMA-SMA games sound very exciting...almost a big college atmosphere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT