ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst 21- GW 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well remember Lionheart we were up 38 to 6 at halftime and called the dogs off ( at halftime) we could have scored 70 or more / we started 2nd string 3rd q and 3rd string 4th
I was at the game.Do you think Amherst might have played better tonight?Salem was their 1st game under a new system,coach and 8 kids that started who was playing rec ball not long ago.Salem kicked our butts(G.W also) and it wasnt close but Amherst played better tonight in 1st half.You can't compare scores like that and think Salem would destroy G.W.Just my opinion,not here to argue.

Reactions: mike salem
I never said G.W ran up score.I'm a bit old school and believe you have to stop them.G.W got stuff to work on and they did.You take the butt whipping,remember it and kick their butts when we get better.Just be patient and take notes.

Reactions: VolNation85
Lewis hope to see u soon so we can knock u off like we have done every single year we have played you

All of this back and forth chest pounding started because of a statement that a team who has struggled was hanging tough. It appears that was the case at 20-14. But then it loosened up and the person who was saying her team was hanging tough was accused of not telling the truth.

Might I suggest before commenting about the "truthfulness" of a statement to check the time stamp. As I could see in 5 seconds how their was an issue, the 2 posts were 20+ minutes apart

All of this back and forth chest pounding started because of a statement that a team who has struggled was hanging tough. It appears that was the case at 20-14. But then it loosened up and the person who was saying her team was hanging tough was accused of not telling the truth.

Might I suggest before commenting about the "truthfulness" of a statement to check the time stamp. As I could see in 5 seconds how their was an issue, the 2 posts were 20+ minutes apart
Chest pounding not necessary I was only saying that wikki was telling the story one way like Amherst really was a threat! Gunz sometimes you really need to stay out of certain comments if you don’t know both sides of the story

Chest pounding not necessary I was only saying that wikki was telling the story one way like Amherst really was a threat! Gunz sometimes you really need to stay out of certain comments if you don’t know both sides of the story

What both sides? That at the time she posted that they were hanging tough, and once you said she wasn't telling the truth it wasn't close?

You see, BOTH can be true. Especially with 20+ minutes in between.

Nothing wrong with wanting to brag about your team ( not my style), but nothing wrong with it. But to call someone out when she seems to be telling the truth WHEN SHE POSTED is wrong.

I’f you read my post like that you have a problem Lewis. When I posted Amherst hanging tough, they were and they were leading at one time. The turnovers didn’t help. Lewis was just being a smarty pants

Glad to see that everyone is getting along tonight...

GW crushed Amherst after first 2 minutes of the game. Christmas is doing good things in attempt to bring the program back, but overall GW was the better team. I also noticed GW didn’t have starters Shawn Watlington or George Jackson play due to injury.

Just a reminder that there is no need to cuss each other out, it’s a high school football forum.... Take it to the dms if you want to yell at each other or just wait and see what happens on the field.

Oh well. I can honestly and confidently say Amherst wont be everyone's laughing stock and homecoming game in the next 3 years. Some amherst fans said that for the past 8 years "wait for next year". I truly believe once these sophs get some Christmas under their belt they will be a force. I respect wikki and appreciate her but the team isn't their yet. Towards the end of the season they will click more. Seen more flashes of what is to come tonight but it's not the standard Amherst is used to. Keep plugging young MEN keep plugging! Yall have a tremendous amount of talent that's going to be brought of if you believe in this coaching staff!! Dont hang your heads

Seriously guys? Can't we just have a civil discussion without everything flying off the rails? GW took care of business. Amherst took baby steps in the right direction. That's really all you can do is improve each week. Salem and GW aren't going to play until the playoffs, if then, so no point in that discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT