ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst football

Got the expectations of the parents out on the table too. That is key! Things are looking positive for the future as long as he stays

Got the expectations of the parents out on the table too. That is key! Things are looking positive for the future as long as he stays
Oh yes he made that very clear. I talked to a couple of the parents after the meeting and they agree this is what they need. He has their respect so far.

Oh yes he made that very clear. I talked to a couple of the parents after the meeting and they agree this is what they need. He has their respect so far.
I agree but I don't think non-football coaches care to much for him,But that's just fine with the rest of us..lol

Yes, because nobody will figure it out or other teams will begin preparing for Amherst.
I'm sure word will get out soon and I don't think to many teams is worried about Amherst this year..I'm not trying to insult anyone or being cocky or whatever with the offense..Amherst working hard and if he decides to run it as a main offense I will let you know..I do know he wanted to run the offense for 20 years now and now he has a chance to do it..Maybe he decide in next few weeks it won't work and he goes back to wishbone,still early..

Reactions: Hilltoperhokie
Not to sure I should post that..Maybe its ok but I will stay away from that question for now..Sorry

I'm just curious what Christmas was going to do with the offense at Amherst. He's been wishbone for 20+ years now. If rumors are true that he wants to eventually pass the head whistle on to his son in a few years, then maybe they'll start running what he'd prefer. It matters not when we all find out. Teams will see it on film come August. No big deal either way.

Why did the Holden Ayers kid transfer.. 6'3 305 that's a great kid, which they could use him on the ol /dl,..?? Did he move..

From what I've heard, he was telling fellow players that he was transferring to Glass before last season was even all the way finished - so it's seems like something he was wanting to do for a while. As for why? To go through coaches the way he had to last year, topped with a 1-9 season, I understand why he did. Yes Christmas has things moving in a great direction, but this next season will still largely be a rebuilding one. So given the opportunity to either play through a rebuilding season, or transfer into a massive and talented senior class and play for what could be a state championship team, he chose the latter - which again, I understand.

Why did the Holden Ayers kid transfer.. 6'3 305 that's a great kid, which they could use him on the ol /dl,..?? Did he move..
I'm not sure why he transferred but it has already paid dividends in his favor. From what I heard he went from not being recruited at all while at Amherst to already receiving 2 D-1 scholarship offers since transferring to Glass in February.

Last edited:
Reactions: one man
From what I've heard, he was telling fellow players that he was transferring to Glass before last season was even all the way finished - so it's seems like something he was wanting to do for a while. As for why? To go through coaches the way he had to last year, topped with a 1-9 season, I understand why he did. Yes Christmas has things moving in a great direction, but this next season will still largely be a rebuilding one. So given the opportunity to either play through a rebuilding season, or transfer into a massive and talented senior class and play for what could be a state championship team, he chose the latter - which again, I understand.
So true and well said...Reuben Brown was another kid that transferred to Glass cause Bo Henson would get him in College..Went on and had a very successful NFL career..

I'm not sure why he transferred but it has already paid dividends in his favor. From what I heard he went from not being recruited at all while at Amherst to already receiving 2 D-1 scholarship offers since transferring to Glass in February.
That is one thing Coach Christmas told the players and parents. He will definitely help them with the recruiting. Not necessarily those words but you know what I mean.

Reactions: VolNation85
Heard y’all just got another present from Amherst, coach.

Nothing official yet, I talked to the coaches and they said they get about 2 inquiries a week. Glass has the juice right now and a lot of people trying to get a piece. But they got to move into the glass zone. It is not easy to transfer you have to make a physical move.

Heard y’all just got another present from Amherst, coach.

If it’s who I’ve heard it is, it’s no where near the impact of Ayers(absolute beast) transferring in. (The transfer in question I’m sure has potential but hasn’t shown anything yet and will be a senior).

The rich just keep getting richer. If any linemen are interested in moving to Salem we could probably use a couple! We lost all 5 starting OL and the TE to graduation. Also, we lost 2 DL to graduation. (We lost the OLB & QB as well, 8 guys 10 starting positions. 19 Sr's total)

Mike you need to share , we lost a lot too.
You've got some good young or varsity inexperienced skill player talent that will make an impact this year. (Gholston, Collins, Goforth, P Epperly, to name but a few) You've got Mohamed, Mitchell, Norris twins, returning too. Cupboard isn't bare, just need some linemen.

Reactions: lyhsports
Amherst appears to look like they’re in some sort of spread look judging by the personnel and looks of it but we shall know in less than 35 days.

Amherst appears to look like they’re in some sort of spread look judging by the personnel and looks of it but we shall know in less than 35 days.
Looks that way but I highly doubt it, with coach C at the helm. I’m going to assume they were working some 2 minute offense or something.

Looks that way but I highly doubt it, with coach C at the helm. I’m going to assume they were working some 2 minute offense or something.
working 2 minute offense in June when trying to re-build a program? We all know Coach C is a better coach than that to be wasting time on something that you MIGHT not ever have to do. Sounds like you’re trying to keep the cat in the bag but it might be too late for that...coach.

Reactions: rainman17
working 2 minute offense in June when trying to re-build a program? We all know Coach C is a better coach than that to be wasting time on something that you MIGHT not ever have to do. Sounds like you’re trying to keep the cat in the bag but it might be too late for that...coach.
That’s a good point I hadn’t thought of, I’m at a loss then.
And I hear what you’re saying but trying to keep a secret for a rival school (though of course I appreciate and support that staff) wouldn’t make any sense for me. Especially considering that there are scrimmages that even the first opponent will have film of.

Don’t think the bubble screen inside is a successful two min offensive play but I’ve been proven wrong before.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT