ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst

DanvilleSportsHead

VaPreps All District
Sep 24, 2014
North Danville, VA
Wikki, Lineheart and all of our Lancer posters, wow! What a game! Lancers win 49-21. Mr. Spencer and Mr. Page wow! Two special players. So much speed on the field. Congrats to the Lancers on at least sharing the Seminole District title! Watch out for Rustburg in 3a, they're the real deal! Amherst controls their own destiny. Things got chippy in the first half between both teams. If they control their emotions and play like they played in the second half then they can beat anybody they play in November/December. Big one next Friday against Appomattox.

Reactions: Cats and Dogs
Wikki, Lineheart and all of our Lancer posters, wow! What a game! Lancers win 49-21. Mr. Spencer and Mr. Page wow! Two special players. So much speed on the field. Congrats to the Lancers on at least sharing the Seminole District title! Watch out for Rustburg in 3a, they're the real deal! Amherst controls their own destiny. Things got chippy in the first half between both teams. If they control their emotions and play like they played in the second half then they can beat anybody they play in November/December. Big one next Friday against Appomattox.
I thought we won District by tiebreaker even if Rustburg beat Glass.Everyone but Dinwiddie posters say Dinwiddie has won the State Title already.

Reactions: Cats and Dogs
Amherst shutout an opponent in second half for second week in a row. Heritage and Rustburg are upper echelon teams and the playoff teams in 3A better be ready. Throw out records and classifications next week. Amherst versus Appomattox, the Battle of Bent Creek or who is the real ACHS? It is a matchup of battle tested state contenders to kick off a November to remember. Early call Amherst by 6-8 points. So many all state caliber 2 way players on the field at once. Awesome just hope weather is a non factor.

Amherst shutout an opponent in second half for second week in a row. Heritage and Rustburg are upper echelon teams and the playoff teams in 3A better be ready. Throw out records and classifications next week. Amherst versus Appomattox, the Battle of Bent Creek or who is the real ACHS? It is a matchup of battle tested state contenders to kick off a November to remember. Early call Amherst by 6-8 points. So many all state caliber 2 way players on the field at once. Awesome just hope weather is a non factor.
Why does it take until the 2nd half before defense gets going?

Yeah both Page and Derrick are great players and nice young men. Derrick had another interception for a touchdown in two games. He is awesome

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Amherst played a little undisciplined the first half. I thought that they were going to fight. Gotta be better than that. Jerry almost got unsportsmanlike #2 and that's an automatic 1 game suspension. If they tighten up on that and starting so slow then I like the Lancers coming out of the West. They played out of their minds in the second half and I saw great sportsmanlike behaviors from both teams. I'm glad I drove from Richmond tonight to watch this game. I think both teams could definitely be in Williamsburg.

Amherst played a little undisciplined the first half. I thought that they were going to fight. Gotta be better than that. Jerry almost got unsportsmanlike #2 and that's an automatic 1 game suspension. If they tighten up on that and starting so slow then I like the Lancers coming out of the West. They played out of their minds in the second half and I saw great sportsmanlike behaviors from both teams. I'm glad I drove from Richmond tonight to watch this game. I think both teams could definitely be in Williamsburg.
I know I agree they need to be more disciplined but #3 and #50 were bad sports for Rustburg

I know I agree they need to be more disciplined but #3 and #50 were bad sports for Rustburg
Yes ma'am they did so a lot of cheap shots towards Page. Both teams were playing off of emotions which they can't do because not all refs are going to give them all of those warnings. They did great in the second half. I saw Page help #3 up and vice versa. I loved the sportsmanship from both teams in the second half.

Reactions: wikki and MrSir#5
In Dixon's (#3) defense he talks a lot of trash but he backs it up on every possession and on any side of the ball. I like that type of smash mouth game with hard hits and questionable decisions when emotions are overflowing. Football is a game of emotion and the winner is the one who is the most disciplined.

Both will do fine this year.

There was a lot chippy play on both sides of the ball but you are going to get that in a game like that. I also saw both teams helping each other up a lot as well. Amherst was by far the better team.

Amherst should do well come playoff time. Not sure what kind of seeding they will get. All I know is I do not want to play them come playoff time.

Rustburg should lock up a 1 or 2 seed if they win next week. I know the playoffs are based off points but IMO if Rustburg and Brookville should finish regular season with same record it is a bunch of BS if they point out over Rustburg. Head to head results on the field should matter way more than points.

With the exception of the 97 yard bomb, Rustburgs other 2 TD's were set up by Amherst special teams. A long punt return to Amhest 20 yard line and a kick return to Amherst 25 yard line which both led to TD's. Special teams has been Amherst achilles heel all season long and I hope they clean it up before the playoffs. You can't keep giving up great field position to good teams and putting your defenses back to the wall. Special teams cost them against Brookville with 3 blocked extra points then after we scored towards end of half against Brookville to get momentum we gave it right back to Brookville by allowing a kickoff return on the ensuing kickoff. If Amherst can clean up the special teams they will be difficult to beat.

You all hit it on the ball. Amherst was the better team but I think Rustburg will challenge Magna Vista and LB in 3a. It's crazy to think that #32 Tucker from Rustburg is just a FRESHMAN! Sheeeeeesh! OneRedDevil Dixon backed everything he says up on the field. I like a little trash talk but not too overboard where it results in penalties. I was glad that both teams buckled down in the 2nd half. I think Rustburg should've went for it on 4th down when they were down 28-21. Tucker and #6 Johnson had been getting nice yards all night and they had Amherst on their heels. Page for Amherst was just too much. He was too much for Salem, he was too much for Heritage, he's been too much for everybody so the Red Devils should not feel bad. I doubt they run into a team in 3a with a Jerry Page, Octavious Jones, a Jordan Woodfolk, and definitely not a Derrick Spencer on offense and defense.

Reactions: Lineheart and wikki
With the exception of the 97 yard bomb, Rustburgs other 2 TD's were set up by Amherst special teams. A long punt return to Amhest 20 yard line and a kick return to Amherst 25 yard line which both led to TD's. Special teams has been Amherst achilles heel all season long and I hope they clean it up before the playoffs. You can't keep giving up great field position to good teams and putting your defenses back to the wall. Special teams cost them against Brookville with 3 blocked extra points then after we scored towards end of half against Brookville to get momentum we gave it right back to Brookville by allowing a kickoff return on the ensuing kickoff. If Amherst can clean up the special teams they will be difficult to beat.
I agree but one mistake is that game also was when we tied it up in regulation we went for two instead of 1. Fans were screaming kick it. I don't think they would have blocked 4 in a row

Those 3 extra points were blocked with ease. I would of made the same call having Page and that OLine. Yes easy choice is to kick it but seeing how easy they were blocked I'd of gone for 2 myself knowing what I had to get me that 2 it just didn't pan out. Head coaches have to make difficult decisions during the games and hindsight is 20/20. Bottomline is Brookville beat us with special teams and my post wasn't intended to replay the Brookville game as its water under the bridge but just to highlight that special teams are just as important as offense and defense and can be deciding factors in the outcome of games as Amherst has seen this season. To win a state championship you have to have all 3 phases of the game clicking as a lack of one can certainly lose a game for you against very good teams and you aren't going to run into any cupcakes in the playoffs. With all that said the special teams played great the second half and look how well the D and O responded. Hard to play with your backs to the wall all the time.

Reactions: Lineheart
Those 3 extra points were blocked with ease. I would of made the same call having Page and that OLine. Yes easy choice is to kick it but seeing how easy they were blocked I'd of gone for 2 myself knowing what I had to get me that 2 it just didn't pan out. Head coaches have to make difficult decisions during the games and hindsight is 20/20. Bottomline is Brookville beat us with special teams and my post wasn't intended to replay the Brookville game as its water under the bridge but just to highlight that special teams are just as important as offense and defense and can be deciding factors in the outcome of games as Amherst has seen this season. To win a state championship you have to have all 3 phases of the game clicking as a lack of one can certainly lose a game for you against very good teams and you aren't going to run into any cupcakes in the playoffs. With all that said the special teams played great the second half and look how well the D and O responded. Hard to play with your backs to the wall all the time.
Just stating what the people were yelling in the stands, not knocking anyone. Special teams were not good that night and I still don't think they would have blocked 4 extra points

Just stating what the people were yelling in the stands, not knocking anyone. Special teams were not good that night and I still don't think they would have blocked 4 extra points
Wikki did you think they would block 3 extra points??

Wikki, Lineheart and all of our Lancer posters, wow! What a game! Lancers win 49-21. Mr. Spencer and Mr. Page wow! Two special players. So much speed on the field. Congrats to the Lancers on at least sharing the Seminole District title! Watch out for Rustburg in 3a, they're the real deal! Amherst controls their own destiny. Things got chippy in the first half between both teams. If they control their emotions and play like they played in the second half then they can beat anybody they play in November/December. Big one next Friday against Appomattox.[ wow real deal 21 points in first period . . And nothing the whole second half. Wow and Hoosier thinks they are title worthy, wtf . . . I was at that game the qb need to go to a camp and learn how to throw a better ball, . Looks alot like John Randel , the second coming which was an epic failure , congratulations , Page Cuzo Spence, Brown, Hutcherson Booker. . Ball out in 4A..they just got exposed . . Wow first round and out . . .

rustburg didn't have the depth to hang in the 2nd half but was much closer game than score indicated. Still picking them to go far in 3a
What game were u watching . . 21 points is all you guys scored will not get out of 1 round the lose have dropped them out of top 5 even with Lord B. . Lose

Messed up a quote... not worded as well as usual... and said the QB needs to go to a camp and learn how to throw... Halloween weekend...

8672e6fb04620cbcf72ab3b1222ae5b5.jpg

Last edited:
What game were u watching . . 21 points is all you guys scored will not get out of 1 round the lose have dropped them out of top 5 even with Lord B. . Lose
I agree it was only close in the first half after that it was all Amherst. Rustburg also scored on a turnover but that is part is the game. Rustburg just didn't have the depth

Where is the picture of you in your bib overalls? :D

How do you figure with that loss they fall out of the top 5? Sounds like you are a big Brookville homer. I hope Rustburg plays Brookville in the playoffs. They whooped that butt once before they will do it again. Unless Brookville got a defensive line in the last few weeks they can't stop the run.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT