ADVERTISEMENT

Any thoughts on Grayson vs Giles?

From NC but curious as to what people think about the game and Grayson’s chance in playoffs…
I'm on GC bandwagon and stayed on it the same night G.Wythe put a good whippin on them. I like GC to win C, then win in the semis, an represent the West in the state title game.

I'm on GC bandwagon and stayed on it the same night G.Wythe put a good whippin on them. I like GC to win C, then win in the semis, an represent the West in the state title game.
GW totally dominated Grayson. Both sides of the ball. Grayson only crossed mid field one time . Don't see how you turn that around. GW should be favored to win region C.

From NC but curious as to what people think about the game and Grayson’s chance in playoffs…
Heard Grayson's QB went out with injury in last week's game. Don't know his status. Too much speed for Giles. May be closer than their regular season game, but Grayson should win at home.

GW totally dominated Grayson. Both sides of the ball. Grayson only crossed mid field one time . Don't see how you turn that around. GW should be favored to win region C.
Grayson will have a lot of ground to make up physically and mentally to beat GW if the two play again after what GW did the first time. I still think GC has enough talent from top to bottom to pull it off.

Here are the series results since the Covid spring season.

2021 - 35-6 GW
2022 - 27-22 GW & 48-28 GW (playoffs)
2023 - 23-0 GW

Grayson has a lot of scar tissue to overcome. Not saying they can't do it but outside of the regular season game a year ago, this series hasn't been overly competitive the past few years. Grayson did overcome a 31-14 regular season loss to Galax last season to win the playoff rematch two weeks later 21-14. It can be done but it I would give GW the advantage at this point.

Reactions: Fairlawncat
I do for a fact know Grayson had some players out in GW game. But by no means does that mean they will win, because GW owns Grayson since they started playing each other. Galax owned GW who owned Grayson who owned Galax....all about matchups.....Grayson vs GW should happen again unless some upset happens.....playoffs got to love it!

I’d like to see Giles pull it off but my concern is Grayson’s speed. Grayson wins but hopefully Giles competes better than the first go around. Spartan offense has been clicking these past 3 weeks rushing for nearly 1000 yards but the defense just can’t seem to stop teams with good speed. From what I hear Grayson’s QB was injured against Galax late in the game and will not be playing Friday.

From what I hear Grayson’s QB was injured against Galax late in the game and will not be playing Friday.
He was on the field to end the game. Video link attached to prove it. The 11:07 mark was the last play of the game. Doesn't mean he didn't finish the game a little banged up but, he was on the field. Maybe Grayson intends to give him a week to recover from some minor injury but he certainly didn't look injured at all to me.

He was on the field to end the game. Video link attached to prove it. The 11:07 mark was the last play of the game. Doesn't mean he didn't finish the game a little banged up but, he was on the field. Maybe Grayson intends to give him a week to recover from some minor injury but he certainly didn't look injured at all to me.

You may be right. May have been something he didn’t realize was injured until after the game. It it isn’t something too serious I dont blame them for holding him out this week. They may dress him just in case he’s needed

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT