ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone have updated Points Standings for 3A West?

1. 24.8 Magna Vista
2. 24.4 Hidden Valley
3. 23.1 Northside
4. 23 Western Albemarle
5. 22.7 Brookville
6. 21.8 Monticello
7. 21.7 Heritage(Lyn)
8. 21.3 Liberty(Bed)
9. 21.1 Cave Spring
10. 21 Abingdon
11. 20.7 Broadway
12. 20 Christiansburg
13. 19.5 Tunstall
14. 19 Lord Botetourt
15. 18.5 Blacksburg
16. 17.7 Rustburg
17. 17.6 Waynesboro
18. 15.7 Alleghany
19. 15.3 Spotswood
20. 15.3 Byrd, William
21. 15 Stuarts Draft
22. 13.8 Patrick Co
23. 13 Turner Ashby
24. 13 Stauton River
25. 12.9 Fort Defiance
26. 11.3 Rockbridge Co

I have no idea on tiebreakers, I just sorted the numbers and then labeled 1-26
This post was edited on 10/14 4:42 PM by schoolboard

Magna Vista looks to have a good shot at the #1 seed this year. If they beat GW it's basically a lock. Even if they lose they should win the rest and HV still has to play Salem.

I agree mike salem. Hopefully the Warriors can beat GW on Friday and lock in the #1 seed after Friday.

GO WARRIORS!!!!

Thanks Schoolboard

Just by looking at what the top 10-12 teams have left on their schedule. MV is likely going to finish as the #1. HV still has Salem and rival Cave Spring. Northside should win out which should keep them in the top 3. WA could still lose 1 or more games. Monticello still has a few tough games left. Brookville's only tough game is Heritage, I could see them finishing in the top 4 as well. Heritage has Bville, Liberty and rival Glass so they will move up or fall down. Liberty has Buckingham, Heritage and JF, they could move up to top 4 or finish as low 14-15. I expect Broadway and Waynesboro to win out and both move up a few spots. I think the top 14 teams at this point will all make the playoffs unless Christiansburg has a melt down and loses out, just a matter of some seed shuffling. The last two spots will come from Blacksburg, Rustburg, Waynesboro, Spotswood. I'll take Waynesboro and Spotswood because of favorable schedules down the stretch. Magna Vista and Northside are a stride above the rest of the field IMO, doesn't mean they can't lose first round but if I was a betting man, I'd have money on one of those two teams at this point. Still plenty of season to go though, will be interesting to see how this looks in 4 weeks.

I have the 3A West max/min at calculated in work.

I'll get them posted - no later than after this week's games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT