ADVERTISEMENT

Appiomattox VS Lord Botetourt

oldfool2

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 17, 2019
After having watched LB play Glass and Riverheads i see no improvement from LB. If Appomattox can show up next week at atleast 80 percent full strength Appo's offense will score easily. Question is can our D hold LB in the trenches. Hopefully Appo shows up healthy and ready to play Raider ball.

What in the world is going on with Appo and players out? Are they injured with broke ankles, knees, arms, legs? Is it Covid, etc? I've heard as many as 10 starters were out? Is this true and if so, WHY and WHEN. I know about Lawing, but what has caused players to be out, injuries, or primarily Covid stuff? When do they come back?

What in the world is going on with Appo and players out? Are they injured with broke ankles, knees, arms, legs? Is it Covid, etc? I've heard as many as 10 starters were out? Is this true and if so, WHY and WHEN. I know about Lawing, but what has caused players to be out, injuries, or primarily Covid stuff? When do they come back?
Everything you just said from ACL tears to lawing;s dislocated shoulder and some hamstring injury. And then add covid on top of it all. Hopefully some will be back to play this friday and praying we dont lose more to covid this week. Limited practices and starters out are killing us. Dont know how we made it thru the previous spring season without a glitch while alot of teams got hit by covid so i guess it's our turn to have bad luck. Hopefully we get it all behind us and move on with the rest of the season by next week and pull the miracle we did in 2019 again.

Reactions: Stabler1980
Everything you just said from ACL tears to lawing;s dislocated shoulder and some hamstring injury. And then add covid on top of it all. Hopefully some will be back to play this friday and praying we dont lose more to covid this week. Limited practices and starters out are killing us. Dont know how we made it thru the previous spring season without a glitch while alot of teams got hit by covid so i guess it's our turn to have bad luck. Hopefully we get it all behind us and move on with the rest of the season by next week and pull the miracle we did in 2019 again.
You mean 2020 Fred 😉

Yeah man, when it rains it pours. Only 17 varsity dressed for Heritage, rest was JV. Injury's and Covid, quarantine etc. is killing us. Hopefully down the stretch we can come back together with the best 11 still standing on each side and compete. I believe this Covid protocols is gonna affect the season as a whole, not just Appo. That stuff looks like it's here to stay unless the good Lord wipes it away. 😓

How is the QB coming along? He is a special talent for sure and it would be a shame to miss much time this year.
My understanding is that he has to have surgery but can possibly put it off and play if he can get a special brace.
Don't hold me to that but Heritage had a brace that they let him use (our Athletic Trainer from last year is married to their AT) and he was able to play a few plays but with the amount of other starters we had out (and virtually no practice) nothing was clicking.

Last edited:
Man, that all sounds rough. Hopefully you guys get healthy. I hate it for Lawing, a senior. Hopefully he gets back sooner than later. The Covid thing is bad news for sure. The Central vs Va High game is now off due to Covid. VA High might have it's best football team in over a decade, maybe more. That was supposed to be a big Class 2 game in SWVA and it off. Radford vs Galax is still on and Graham vs Union is still on. Hopefully these two games are played.

Just curious with covid issues why haven't Appomattox quarantined for 2 weeks like other teams who's only had 1 or 2 positives? We had to quarantine because of a jv positive. By no means am I throwing shade because I can see someone taking it out of context. All jokes aside just curious. Take the 2 weeks off and get everyone back.

Just curious with covid issues why haven't Appomattox quarantined for 2 weeks like other teams who's only had 1 or 2 positives? We had to quarantine because of a jv positive. By no means am I throwing shade because I can see someone taking it out of context. All jokes aside just curious. Take the 2 weeks off and get everyone back.
I have wondered the same and when i have asked the question was avoided and fell on death ears. I believe each school system has their own rules.

Can't answer for sure so take my answer with t a grain of salt.

I know lots of kids where lost to contact tracing. "You were around someone for more than X amount of minutes so your out X amount of days."

Last edited:
I also have heard that’s about contact tracing ! So appo is doing the right thing by not letting those players play ! But my thing is what is everyone else doing if they have players that was around someone else who may have tested positive!! How will it ever end !

I Think the raiders looked like a team that is getting better as they move into district play next week , looked really solid tonight against LB .Need to cut back on the penalties and do some work on the kickoff team but glad to see some players back, way to bounce back!

Reactions: HolyFrog and Bo Bob
I Think the raiders looked like a team that is getting better as they move into district play next week , looked really solid tonight against LB .Need to cut back on the penalties and do some work on the kickoff team but glad to see some players back, way to bounce back!
Alot of cleaning to be done yet. Tre is shying away some for good reason and hopefully next week we will have all the players back. Overall tonight it was a sloppy win but a great improvement.

We left two scores out there with a turn over on their 25 and then another on their 3.

We left two scores out there with a turn over on their 25 and then another on their 3.
And the two call backs for holding which should get cleaned up if we can have some good practice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT