ADVERTISEMENT

Appo 52-0

Ok think about this , in 4 seasons appo is 38-2 in regular season and 15-0 in playoffs . That is just remarkable no matter how the rest of this season goes , in all of my days playing football from little league to high school in Appomattox I would have Nerver guessed that this would happen there . Truly the po1! Good luck in the playoffs raiders !!

Reactions: eh31 and Bo Bob
We are 3 time in a row state champs and the best team in the state again and the man is gonna make us the 3 seed in our own region. All thatz gonna do is make em hungrier and the whippings will be stronger. U can see how they do the point rankings to try and make Appo lose, but that ain't gonna happen. We gonna be hungrier and next weekend, we gonna start feedin again

Radford beat gretna7-6 ,appo beat Gretna big and now Radford beat glenvar , it’s wide open guys this year !
This logic never works. A beats B, B beats C beats A. It’s about matchups and style of play.

Definitely benefits y’all being in a very week 2A ! Y’all remember what happen when y’all tried to play with 3 A boys last two years .

Well the pool athletes is what keeps it fair.

2016 Raiders I would have lined up against any 3A team and would say they would have been a threat in 4A.
In fact they WHOOPED two 3A teams that made it a few rounds into the playoffs and BEAT DOWN a 4A team that went in a couple rounds.

By saying that you are knocking.
Like comparing JMU and saying they are no good cause they ain’t D1.

Let’s be for real who in 2A any good ? I’m not knocking y’all I’m just saying

You are always trying to stir the pot on these boards. You talked about others when you were associated with Altavista in their championship years, then this year with Brookville. And when Brookville lost, you disappeared. Now you come back on a 2a board to disparage every 2a team, including Appomattox, but even more so all the other teams.

Reactions: Marshall-Dillon
Gretna won back to back handily in 03 and 04 in 3A. They actually had 2A numbers in enrollment then. Appomattox hung right with state runner up 3A Heritage last year and beat them previous two years one being when Heritage was in state semis in 3A. There has been years I think 2A had team just as strong as 3A but of course not always.

I have no affiliation with Appomattox and probably dislike the program more than most. Having said that, the 2016 Raiders win the 3A title, period. They were that good.

I have no affiliation with Appomattox and probably dislike the program more than most. Having said that, the 2016 Raiders win the 3A title, period. They were that good.
May I ask why the dislike.
Hope it’s purley a rival thing.
Thanks for the plug for he 16 team. They were special!

May I ask why the dislike.
Hope it’s purley a rival thing.
Thanks for the plug for he 16 team. They were special!

Its nothing against the coaches or players. Honestly, it’s some of the fans. And I know not all are arrogant or in a few cases completely ignorant. It’s mostly the fact that five years ago almost no one in Appomattox cared about the football team. You never really heard from anyone on this message board. Then they have some very good years of talent and coaching and all of a sudden everyone is on the bandwagon. The community as a whole doesn’t seem completely “authentic” to me in regards to their support. Again, I know it isn’t everyone and there are those that were still there in the lean years.

The 16’ team was one of the most complete teams I’ve seen at the 2A level period and I’ve seen a lot of really good teams through the years. The way they played in 16’ in the playoffs in my opinion it would’ve taken the very top of 4A to beat them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT