ADVERTISEMENT

Appomattox 22 Heritage 7 3rd quarter

Refs trying to give game to Heritage. Inadvertent whistle on muffled punt recovered by Appomattox. Had to rekick. Hertiage then scored on drive.

29-14 6:45 left.

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
Refs trying to give game to Heritage. Inadvertent whistle on muffled punt recovered by Appomattox. Had to rekick. Hertiage then scored on drive.

29-14 6:45 left.

Thanks, we were all wondering WTH was going on this that play. How about the no call on running into the kicker on the next play? Pretty bad when the boys have to battle the other team, the referees and the heat.

Lots of cramping last night, might have to pass out mustard packs and pickle juice to the trainers for the next game.

. The ref who blew inadvertent whistle should be benched. Happened right in front of me. Very bad call. Whistle should not be blown until player catches ball on a "fair-catch".

Thanks, we were all wondering WTH was going on this that play. How about the no call on running into the kicker on the next play? Pretty bad when the boys have to battle the other team, the referees and the heat.

Lots of cramping last night, might have to pass out mustard packs and pickle juice to the trainers for the next game.

The ball got tipped on that play, that is what the ref signaled.

I saw that signal, but there were several calls that went against Appomattox, including a TD being called back. But Appomattox scored again 2 plays later.

I thought both teams played too conservative. Both should have thrown ball more, especially Heritage.

I saw that signal, but there were several calls that went against Appomattox, including a TD being called back. But Appomattox scored again 2 plays later.

I thought both teams played too conservative. Both should have thrown ball more, especially Heritage.

A lot of pressure on the qb, sprintouts may have been the better option when throwing and they tried, Davis is a stud for HHS. 14 on 14 was a good matchup, two talented kids.

Never seen Coach Smith lose it that bad on the field, he was walking all the way to the center to talk to the White hat. He was pissed! I never seen him wanna take a penalty to argue that they calling a bad game.
Plus they did miss that rouging the punter. he was clobbered and knocked his helmet sideways.
It was bad, but i still stand that the worse I ever seen was Giles/Appo playoff game 4 years ago.

A lot of pressure on the qb, sprintouts may have been the better option when throwing and they tried, Davis is a stud for HHS. 14 on 14 was a good matchup, two talented kids.
14 on 14 was good matchup and he ate us up when he wasnt in game. Thankfully that HHS qb has no vision, because there was so many options on that field last night that he didnt see wide open. We gotta work on pass D.

On one play Heritage had 3 WRs split to the left. Appomattox was only covering 2 of them for the most part. The QB took snap and rolled right never even looking to the left.

Most schools are drilled to stop the run, and very few play good pass defense. Everyone should throw ball more. When a team throws ball, it makes running ball easier.

If the ball was tipped, as referenced by a previous post, then it is not roughing the punter. I see HR6 is rubbing off on yall. Everyone use to hammer him for blaming the refs and now yall all crying about them too. My how the tables have turned.

Reactions: pawfan and catchtds
If the ball was tipped, as referenced by a previous post, then it is not roughing the punter. I see HR6 is rubbing off on yall. Everyone use to hammer him for blaming the refs and now yall all crying about them too. My how the tables have turned.
I guess after every game I get on here "hammering" refs? I just live and die week after week "hammering" refs? You never hear me complaining about refs unless it is legit. Come correct if you going to start blasting me. Go back in my post and find where I "hammered" refs? Oh I get it, you never seen a game called wrong huh? Get out of here with that crap.

That inadvertent whistle is cause for refs to be hammered. Terrible call. Luckily Appomattox overcame it. They should have had first down about 10 yard line. Instead they had to punt again.

For everyone that is hammering the refs, please sign up next year. I say this respectfully. I used to get on them too and still do from time to time. I officiate a sport, not football, and it's very easy to miss calls in the heat of competition or when you have to make a split second decision. It's very easy to call it from the stands or sidelines when theres no pressure.

Last edited:
We had an inadvertent whistle last night in our JV game. And I can tell you exactly why and I didn't speak to the official. He is a very good basketball official and he's doing football for the first time. In basketball, when there's a violation, you blow the whistle and make the call. In football, while the play is live, you just throw flag and report your call to the referee after the play. Well he saw something, a hold maybe, idk, and he threw the flag and blew the whistle. So naturally everyone stopped. Had to replay the down. What I'm saying is that it's easy to sit here and berate officials and say they sucked when they're expected to do this imperfect job perfectly.

Reactions: hawkpops
We had an inadvertent whistle last night in our JV game. And I can tell you exactly why and I didn't speak to the official. He is a very good basketball official and he's doing football for the first time. In basketball, when there's a violation, you blow the whistle and make the call. In football, while the play is live, you just throw flag and report your call to the referee after the play. Well he saw something, a hold maybe, idk, and he threw the flag and blew the whistle. So naturally everyone stopped. Had to replay the down. What I'm saying is that it's easy to sit here and berate officials and say they sucked when they're expected to do this imperfect job perfectly.
Most of the refs around here wont even hear the coaches out though? They are disrespectful and blast them for even questioning them. i see it during football and basketball seasons. I have always said, refs are people that got picked on and pick that job to show they are in charge and make them feel empowered, lol. Yes I know that is not the case though.

That inadvertent whistle is cause for refs to be hammered. Terrible call. Luckily Appomattox overcame it. They should have had first down about 10 yard line. Instead they had to punt again.
And this is what happened on that re-kick.

His helmet was side ways as if he got punched by an heavyweight boxer.

Reactions: oldfool
One other thing, HR6 is a Gretna guy??? Why would he be swayed either way to complain about refs at this game? It doesnt matter to him. Its Appo and Heritage, not Gretna....

So "hammering" the refs was obviously legit in his eyes regardless of the teams...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT