ADVERTISEMENT

YOUR opinion: The top 10 players in your region in 2024?

BoKnowsSports

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 19, 2021
Let’s get it started.. 4B for me?

1. Harry Dalton- Dinwiddie ATH
2. DaMari D1 Carter- Varina WR/S
3. Markel Dabney- Huguenot ATH
4. Brett Clatterbaugh- Eastern View LB
5. Charles Johnson- King George RB/LB
6. Matt Henderson- Powhatan TE
7. Jaysean Bull Richardson- Varina OL/DL
8. Michael Dabney Jr- Huguenot RB
9. Iveon Lewis- Huguenot WR
10. Zayvon Miller- Huguenot S

Lots of talent on Forest Hill Ave!

Nice list, personally haven’t seen much of Clatterbaugh or Johnson to form an opinion

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Nice list, personally haven’t seen much of Clatterbaugh or Johnson to form an opinion
Both are Power 5 guys. Clatterbaugh is going to Tech and Johnson will play big time college football somewhere. Johnson played mostly LB but can hurt you on offense at RB. I expect EV to use Clatterbaugh on offense way more this year. Huguenot and Varina both have 2 or 3 more kids who could easily be in somebody’s top 10. Wouldn’t be surprised if Michael Dabney Jr. is your offensive player of the year in 4B.

Both are Power 5 guys. Clatterbaugh is going to Tech and Johnson will play big time college football somewhere. Johnson played mostly LB but can hurt you on offense at RB. I expect EV to use Clatterbaugh on offense way more this year. Huguenot and Varina both have 2 or 3 more kids who could easily be in somebody’s top 10. Wouldn’t be surprised if Michael Dabney Jr. is your offensive player of the year in 4B.
Looking forward to that EV/Huguenot game early in the season. Feel like that game will have some effect on final point ratings at the in of the regular season in 4B. Got to see Dabney Jr early last year, kid is a beast! How does the rest of EV and KG team project this year?

Looking forward to that EV/Huguenot game early in the season. Feel like that game will have some effect on final point ratings at the in of the regular season in 4B. Got to see Dabney Jr early last year, kid is a beast! How does the rest of EV and KG team project this year?
EV returns their big QB and a very good WR in Will Butler. They’ll be at worst 8-2 and King George will be at worst 9-1. KG has another really good CB/WR in Gunnar Rugar who will fill in for their losses on the outside. I don’t expect a big drop off for KG. I think the 804 will be too much this year. Varina/Huguenot just has a little more depth and more size for me, but Dinwiddie is still going to have two of the better athletes in the region and Mills does a lot with a little bit better than any coach you can think of. It’s all about matchups come playoff time.

Reactions: WP02alum
Yeah, the fact that KG/EV/Dinwiddie are seen as outside challengers says a ton about how strong 4B has become.

4. D
1. Stump mitchell- Jefferson high
2. Big papa pump-lexington high
3. Crazy legs crump- Haysi high
4. Shin bones johnson- Shooting creek high
5. Heavy kevie- Craig Co. High
6. Bo Leggs Johnson-bath Co. High
7. GOOCH DAVIS-drewy mason high
8. Soap SUDS Thompson-highland Co. High
9. ITTY BITTY PETE-CLINTWOOD HIGH
10. LAST BUT NOT LEAST......ONE BULLET FIFE- MAYBERRY HIGH

Some talent running through Powhatan this year too. Keep your eye on the Indians... Ben Whitver at receiver... Jameson Britt on defense. Elliott Murphy at QB. Not a lot of depth but some top notch athletes this year.

Unfortunate the Indians best team in recent memory happens to come at a time when you are going to have Huguenot, Varina and Dinwiddie all at the top and legit contenders for deep runs.

Some talent running through Powhatan this year too. Keep your eye on the Indians... Ben Whitver at receiver... Jameson Britt on defense. Elliott Murphy at QB. Not a lot of depth but some top notch athletes this year.

Unfortunate the Indians best team in recent memory happens to come at a time when you are going to have Huguenot, Varina and Dinwiddie all at the top and legit contenders for deep runs.
Danny, I know you have seen it many times over the years. “Chance” fills a roster of a team that typically struggles to finish with five wins, with unusually good athletes and “boom” several other teams have an extraordinary roster. Fate can be cruel.

Having said that, there are very few easy outs in 4B this year. You mentioned the three that most of us figure are 1,2,3 in some order. And you told us about Powhatan. But let’s not forget the rest of the gauntlet. KG and EV will be their typically strong self. I never sleep on PH or Hanover. Monacan showed some life by the end of last season, and we all know their Coach can spring a surprise on any team. And who the heck knows if Henrico can use the talent they typically have to be a force?

Unfortunately, I’m afraid it will probably be more of the same from the rest in the Region. But maybe one or more of these “other” teams will surprise us with a few upset wins.

Let the games begin!!!

I think the biggest misconception is that all PH has is Matt. I agree and love their supporting cast. If that run game can get going in typical Coach Henderson fashion, then look out. They are going to be a tough out.

Best returning players for LOCO Schools (In no particular order)

Dawson Pough Tuscarora (WR/DB)
Conner Salmin Woodgrove (WR/DB)
Tristan Teasdell Tuscarora (LB)
Lucas Love Tuscarora (DL)
Montez Dyson Loudoun County (RB)
Dominic Plush John Champe (QB)
Will Saba Loudoun Valley (OL)
Chase Loftis Loudoun Valley (LB)
Bryce Huber Tuscarora (DB)
Harrison Williams Woodgrove (OL/DL)

ADVERTISEMENT