ADVERTISEMENT

Appomattox Soccer Final

Aug 24, 2010
Was there anyone at the girls’ final that can shed light in the Center ref nullifying the Appomattox goal to erase the 1-0 lead when it seemed his view was blocked by three players when AR called goal good?
Also can anyone say for certain the PK was justified against Appomattox? Tough way to lose a state title game.

Was there anyone at the girls’ final that can shed light in the Center ref nullifying the Appomattox goal to erase the 1-0 lead when it seemed his view was blocked by three players when AR called goal good?
Also can anyone say for certain the PK for GM was justified against Appomattox? Tough way to lose a state title game.

I believe the PK was a judgement call that had to be made. It happened in the boys final as well. Sadly, it went against Appomattox. As for the nullified goal, We were standing even with the goal at the moment. It was in. No doubt in my mind; it was in.

And yet another showing of incompetent officiating in high school soccer this year. Yes I understand they are human and make mistakes but when officials take the game out of the hands of the players and coaches it makes me madder than (&*^*&^, I saw so many calls this year that were made by the sideline officials only to be overridden by the field official which in some cases determined the outcome of the game and Usually the sideline official had the best view of the play.

Yes I could see the judgement call being 50/50 with sliding defender and contact on attacker (whether player was in possession or close enough to dribble). However, at that level all officials on the field have earned the reputation to make a call that the Center should trust or standby. It was not a blatant miss by the AR and the view of the goal line to the AR gives the textbook meaning of being in position and sell the call. Players make plays but the refs “over-officiate”.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT