ADVERTISEMENT

Appomattox vs Graham

oldfool2

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 17, 2019
Whats everybody's thoughts? Calpreps has it a 7 point game in favor of Graham. Will Graham deny Appo a shot at a 3 peat?

It might depend on the health of grahams QB. From what i understand he got dinged up today........

Huge issue for Graham is the QB. Graham's QB suffered an ankle injury and he's a huge part of their offense on the ground. Graham in the second half of that game today, didn't have the option of the QB running the ball. Even though the score was 49-21, Graham puts up another 7 to 10 points in that game if the QB can run it. The good sign for the G-Men is that he still played and finished the game, so overwhelmingly likely it's not a break or severe sprain, but likely a strain, and with ice, heat, ice, and heat, and Motrin, it's likely he's close to 100% next weekend.

Should be a great game. I think Graham is 7 points better than Appo, just my homer opinion, but to beat Appo, you need to be 10 points better because they are clutch and know how to win. Going to be a nailbiter in my opinion.

Reactions: AppomattoxFan
After watching the game today was surprised graham went down by 14 early on maybe some nerves don’t know ! I do believe it is going to be a great game I think appos defense is better than ridgview so the running game might not go as it did today , and then appo running game is head on into what I believe will be the best defense they have seen all year so I am leaning toward a low scoring game something like 17-14 or 14-10 not picking a winner just will be a great game . But I am a appo alum so go raiders.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldfool2
I think this one will be fantastic. I'm going to drive from Radford to go up and watch it. Bundle up. Bluefield is just flat out cold.

Reactions: AppomattoxFan
From Graham's Twitter page:

Graham Football will play Appomattox next Saturday, December 4, 2021 at Mitchell Stadium. Tickets will only be sold on http://GoFan.com starting at 6PM on November 29, 2021. A link will be posted later. Kickoff time to be determined.

Stadium seats 10,000 so no need to worry about running out of tickets, but I imagine that a lot of folks from the region will come up for this game, should be a good size crowd. I have seen that stadium at capacity plenty of times for Graham vs. Bluefield and seen some large playoff crowds (6,000 to 8,000) in the past. With the long travel for Appo and the cold weather, who knows. I would expect to see a lot of Bluefield, Richlands, Tazewell, Giles folks, etc...

Last edited:
From Graham's Twitter page:

Graham Football will play Appomattox next Saturday, December 4, 2021 at Mitchell Stadium. Tickets will only be sold on http://GoFan.com starting at 6PM on November 29, 2021. A link will be posted later. Kickoff time to be determined.

Stadium seats 10,000 so no need to worry about running out of tickets, but I imagine that a lot of folks from the region will come up for this game, should be a good size crowd. I have seen that stadium at capacity plenty of times for Graham vs. Bluefield and seen some large playoff crowds (6,000 to 8,000) in the past. With the long travel for Appo and the cold weather, who knows. I would expect to see a lot of Bluefield, Richlands, Tazewell, Giles folks, etc...
Should be and amazing atmosphere!

Im guessing a shootout. 38-35 type game. I believe no. 8 for each team will be key. Whoever has the biggest game. Would like to see Bradshaw get at least 15 touches. Of course that all depends on how the game plays out.

Reactions: 19GHS87
So tickets ONLY sold on http://GoFan.com , not at the gate ? Dang, that sucks. States sales at the gates.
You would thank with attendance down at most high school games, they would try to encourage people to attend, not discourage them. All the more reason to stay at home and watch games online when available.

Guys, think of the older folks we see and love at our local schools that love their local High School Football team, and you and I both know many of these folks have to clue how to purchase a ticket on the internet. Incredible how the VHSL thought this through.

I've heard people say that schools do tickets this way because of Covid, yet you can go and use the concession stand and use cash. Doesn't make much sense to me, but what do I know

My fear is not getting a signal on my phone to redeem the ticket. Back in the spring series it took 25 mins before i could pull my ticket up at Big Stone Gap.

Reactions: Stabler1980
My fear is not getting a signal on my phone to redeem the ticket. Back in the spring series it took 25 mins before i could pull my ticket up at Big Stone Gap.
You should have good signal at Mitchell. For others complaining, this was a VHSL decision not the hosting schools. I agree, sell tickets all season at the gate but now that’s not good enough for the powers that be. Ridiculous, really.

You should have good signal at Mitchell. For others complaining, this was a VHSL decision not the hosting schools. I agree, sell tickets all season at the gate but now that’s not good enough for the powers that be. Ridiculous, really.
Yeah not blaming the schools i'm seeing the same info going out about other games. Here in lynchburg in the early season tickets for Heritage and Glass games were gofan only with the covid excuse by the city. Come to think of it thats got to be where i caught the covid from.

• Wow
Reactions: Stabler1980
I went to the Glenvar / Appox. Game Fri. I bought my ticket at the gate. They must have been violating vhsl rules.

I went to the Glenvar / Appox. Game Fri. I bought my ticket at the gate. They must have been violating vhsl rules.
State semifinals and State finals are State Events and not Regional Events. The Regions control what goes on up until the Regional Championship. The VHSL is now basically dictating how to proceed at this point.

Printer. How many 80 year Olds are equipped to go online, find this website, then have a printer set up in their home. If purchasing on their phone, how many can find it online, put in their credit card and purchase it, and then pull it up on their phone at the gate.

Take a screen shot of the bar code or whatever you will need.
Last May in the semi and final here in Williamsburg it was GoFan only and they must validate on your phone, no screenshot snd no print out. One person had a printout that was from Lord Botetourt and that was not accepted. This district (Bay Rivers) never used any online before and none this year for all games. A real pain for the day games- semi and final as if it’s sunny (it was) the light washed out the screens so bad you couldn’t see the ticket very easily, held up the lines forever. Yes, technology does stink sometimes.

Reactions: oldfool2
Last May in the semi and final here in Williamsburg it was GoFan only and they must validate on your phone, no screenshot snd no print out. One person had a printout that was from Lord Botetourt and that was not accepted. This district (Bay Rivers) never used any online before and none this year for all games. A real pain for the day games- semi and final as if it’s sunny (it was) the light washed out the screens so bad you couldn’t see the ticket very easily, held up the lines forever. Yes, technology does stink sometimes.
Yes, that is exactly how it works.

Just sucks, VHSL wanna put their nose in things now to make sure they get their money and don't contribute jack to none of the Championship rings. Just a little wooden trophy that looks like it came from the Dolla Tree. They sorry.....

Huge issue for Graham is the QB. Graham's QB suffered an ankle injury and he's a huge part of their offense on the ground. Graham in the second half of that game today, didn't have the option of the QB running the ball. Even though the score was 49-21, Graham puts up another 7 to 10 points in that game if the QB can run it. The good sign for the G-Men is that he still played and finished the game, so overwhelmingly likely it's not a break or severe sprain, but likely a strain, and with ice, heat, ice, and heat, and Motrin, it's likely he's close to 100% next weekend.

Should be a great game. I think Graham is 7 points better than Appo, just my homer opinion, but to beat Appo, you need to be 10 points better because they are clutch and know how to win. Going to be a nailbiter in my opinion.
Graham's QB "should" be good to go Saturday. He has a hemotoma on his calf and it got hit during the game and was very painful. Hopefully by Saturday, he will be feeling much better and be good to go. I don't think the injury to Clements was serious, hopefully he will be at full strength on saturday as well. I want both of these teams to be at full strength when they play, so there are no excuses.

My fear is not getting a signal on my phone to redeem the ticket. Back in the spring series it took 25 mins before i could pull my ticket up at Big Stone
Graham's QB "should" be good to go Saturday. He has a hemotoma on his calf and it got hit during the game and was very painful. Hopefully by Saturday, he will be feeling much better and be good to go. I don't think the injury to Clements was serious, hopefully he will be at full strength on saturday as well. I want both of these teams to be at full strength when they play, so there are no excuses.
Glad to hear. Hate for any players to miss a game like this.

Reactions: 19GHS87
I'm one of those pesky seniors who could maneuver through the online stuff, but don't feel I should have to, and so I won't. I will just stay home and watch on NFHS and keep my money. This is just another, in a very long list, of very stupid business decisions by the VHSL. Someone up there should take the Business 101 class at the local community college.

When you’re leaving Mitchell Stadium I’d suggest taking a ride through Bluefield City Park which connects to the stadium parking lot. There’s a huge Christmas lights display that is free to see. Donations are accepted. This is why Bluefield is named “West Virginia’s Christmas City.”

I’ll post the description below from the city of Bluefield’s website.

roberto-nickson-495784-unsplash.jpg

Take a drive through Bluefield City Park and experience more than 40 plus acres of beautiful light displays, along with our Christmas Festivities. There is no admission fee to drive through the park, but donations are gladly accepted. Santa at the Ridge Runner Train Station and Hay Rides are $3.00 per person.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT