ADVERTISEMENT

Appomattox vs Graham

Graham High School offering solutions for those who have difficulty buying tickets online.

What Mr. Haun doesn't realize is the amount of people who may be attending this game on Saturday. I went to a basketball game a couple years back when they used these online tickets, a crowd of nearly 4,000 packed Tazewell Middle School's gym and it was a nightmare getting in. There will potentially be 5,000 plus getting into a stadium to watch a football game. That many people trying to get online at once could cause some serious connection issues and long delays to get in. I have seen 5,000 plus at Mitchell on several occasions for late season playoff games. The weather will be pretty decent, Bluefield got knocked out of the playoffs, I have heard a lot of Tazewell, Richlands, Giles, Mt. View fans who plan to go. This could potentially be a huge crowd. If crowd size is limited somewhat, the VHSL has nobody to blame, but themselves. They will be the ones losing out on the $$. Southwest Virginia typically draws huge crowds to these events. I realize they have been doing this for a while, but not allowing tickets at the gate for a potentially huge crowd (possibly more then the state title game) is ridiculous.

Reactions: Bo Bob and Bama1985
What Mr. Haun doesn't realize is the amount of people who may be attending this game on Saturday. I went to a basketball game a couple years back when they used these online tickets, a crowd of nearly 4,000 packed Tazewell Middle School's gym and it was a nightmare getting in. There will potentially be 5,000 plus getting into a stadium to watch a football game. That many people trying to get online at once could cause some serious connection issues and long delays to get in. I have seen 5,000 plus at Mitchell on several occasions for late season playoff games. The weather will be pretty decent, Bluefield got knocked out of the playoffs, I have heard a lot of Tazewell, Richlands, Giles, Mt. View fans who plan to go. This could potentially be a huge crowd. If crowd size is limited somewhat, the VHSL has nobody to blame, but themselves. They will be the ones losing out on the $$. Southwest Virginia typically draws huge crowds to these events. I realize they have been doing this for a while, but not allowing tickets at the gate for a potentially huge crowd (possibly more then the state title game) is ridiculous.
Just charge 11.50 per ticket at the gate, and the extra 1.50 goes to wherever or whoever it goes to, that would we alot easier

Reactions: Gridiron1960
yup and let them use a bunch of 10 year olds to buy the tickets online lol. Thats what grandkids are good for.

yup and let them use a bunch of 10 year olds to buy the tickets online lol. Thats what grandkids are good for.
They are letting folks pay $11.50 at the school and they are ordering the tickets for them. Thise that pay at the High School will have to show I.D. for those online tickets when they get to the game. They will also have people at the gate to help folks order obline if needed.

Reactions: AppomattoxFan
Word of advice to Appo fans. Get there early if you want to park near the stadium, yes the lot is big, but it will get filled up. If you cant find parking near the stadium, the Lowes shopping Center would be a good place to park and walk down the sidewalk by Bluefield University to the stadium (5 - 10 minute walk). There are small lots at businesses past the stadium on stadium drive, but those fill up fast

This is the first time since ________________ that a state playoff game has been played outside the state of Virginia. Anyone know?

Word of advice to Appo fans. Get there early if you want to park near the stadium, yes the lot is big, but it will get filled up. If you cant find parking near the stadium, the Lowes shopping Center would be a good place to park and walk down the sidewalk by Bluefield University to the stadium (5 - 10 minute walk). There are small lots at businesses past the stadium on stadium drive, but those fill up fast
Wonder if my parking spot at Bluefield College is stil valid lol. Is parking allowed by the round house?

Wonder if my parking spot at Bluefield College is stil valid lol. Is parking allowed by the round house?
Bluefield University charged for parking at the Bluefield vs Graham game in the recent past, thats why I didn't mention that. That would be a good place to park too, closer then Lowes.

Dang it. I was at that one too and forgot about that one. Ahmad Bradshaw vs Vic Hall. How could I forget that?
Vic hall was such an underrated athlete. I seen recently that he is now a coach at Ball State

Reactions: 19GHS87
I'll have all the half time drinks and snacks for the players as well as post game snacks. Will they let me drive up next to the locker room for the boys?

They are letting folks pay $11.50 at the school and they are ordering the tickets for them. Thise that pay at the High School will have to show I.D. for those online tickets when they get to the game. They will also have people at the gate to help folks order obline if needed.
That’s great!

Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: 19GHS87
I can assure you, there will likely be a grand total of 4 scanners at the stadium. 5000 people for the Appo vs Graham game divided by 4 scanners= 1,250 scans for each person doing the scanning. Of that 1,250 let's say it takes 5 seconds to scan one person. Why? Because it's a given someone is fighting with their phone at the gate, so 5 seconds per person, for 1,250 people is 6250 seconds it will take to scan people through. In one hour, there is 3600 seconds, so yes, we could be looking at 1.5 hour waiting times IF a big game like Graham and Appo, where there likely will be at least 5000 fans, and if you add poor planning and only have two ticket scanners on each of the two gates at Mitchell, you have a disaster.

Is Appo having another "late night" practice tonight in addition to regular practice? Are two a days normal playoff prep for Appo? Asking for a friend. 😂 Okay, just asking for myself.

Naw ! Taking over lowes parking lot ! Don’t really need a field , PO1 is everywhere ! 👍👀
You mentioning a parking lot reminded me of an article on Jim Riggs, the football coach of now closed Appalachia HS from the late '60s and early '70s.

An excerpt from that article....

He held practices on a gravel parking lot to enhance his team’s fearsome reputation. Virginia Tech recruiter Carl Ellis told Clintwood coach Ralph Cummins of visiting a Thursday practice at Appalachia in hopes of watching Tom Turner and Luke Marsengill run some drills and agilities. What he saw was a brutal, two-hour, live scrimmage. “They were just out there knocking each others brains out. And this was the day before a football game,” Cummins said in a 2006 interview. “I think they won a lot of football games because teams dreaded playing them.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT