ADVERTISEMENT

Appomattox vs Heritage Lynchburg

Heritage gets back to the winning ways in a high scoring but close game. Late TD from Steele seals it.

I think Heritage runs away with the game not even close.

Rustburg is very improved and they have their best team in a long time. Heritage is incredible for a 3A team, but the game hasn't been played yet. Appo always has a chance with the talent and coaching they present. But, where it can effect Appo in the long run is that 2 losses, and still having Lord Botty on the schedule is almost a guarantee to have to travel back to Graham, if both Appo and Graham won their regions. Lots of football of course and Glenvar, Raddy, Union, Ridgeview, and maybe even Martinsville will have something to say about it.

I think this game could go either way and if Appo can score quick and keep scoring it could be a good nite , the other problem is can they stop the run, last week heritage had no answer for Dinwiddie and I know they are a very good 4 a team . Might be a good one .

Reactions: Fairlawncat
Like I said line play will be key. We will also need to be able to pass the ball with some effectiveness or they will load the box on Pennix.

Reactions: Stabler1980
43-7 at half
Raiders giving them the ball as much as they can with turnovers.

• Wow
Reactions: KWcavs360
Rustburg is very improved and they have their best team in a long time. Heritage is incredible for a 3A team, but the game hasn't been played yet. Appo always has a chance with the talent and coaching they present. But, where it can effect Appo in the long run is that 2 losses, and still having Lord Botty on the schedule is almost a guarantee to have to travel back to Graham, if both Appo and Graham won their regions. Lots of football of course and Glenvar, Raddy, Union, Ridgeview, and maybe even Martinsville will have something to say about it.
I don’t who or what you watch but who’s matchup with Radford’s WR core?? You ran Radford chances to beat James River and they beat them twice. As it looks now Radford v Appomattox is in Radford and I think Union has a really good chance to be out of Region D.

I don’t who or what you watch but who’s matchup with Radford’s WR core?? You ran Radford chances to beat James River and they beat them twice. As it looks now Radford v Appomattox is in Radford and I think Union has a really good chance to be out of Region D.
That’s saying a lot for appo to be there when that comes around , hope they will be still in it at that point but you never know , long ways to go .

Our WR's are very good, but we have a QB (a junior) who is starting full time....for the first time and Marcell Baylor, our great D1 athlete and VT commit is wide receiver. The QB we have is a freakish athlete as well. He's a track guy and he is super talented and raw, but it everyone here knew his ceiling was very high and it's already showed from the first scrimmage game to present. He's elusive, fast, quick, accurate, and is now making better decisions with the ball and getting rid of it. The WR's we have are athletic and we are athletic at running back. We have the younger Prioleau kid who is dynamite. The biggest improvement for Radford from last year has been the line play and offense now that Baylor is so effective at WR and Clark at QB is playing at an All State level and putting up crazy numbers. This team is the one that's been talked about about Radford for a while regarding talent from junior high and when they become/became juniors and seniors.

Reactions: catchtds
Our WR's are very good, but we have a QB (a junior) who is starting full time....for the first time and Marcell Baylor, our great D1 athlete and VT commit is wide receiver. The QB we have is a freakish athlete as well. He's a track guy and he is super talented and raw, but it everyone here knew his ceiling was very high and it's already showed from the first scrimmage game to present. He's elusive, fast, quick, accurate, and is now making better decisions with the ball and getting rid of it. The WR's we have are athletic and we are athletic at running back. We have the younger Prioleau kid who is dynamite. The biggest improvement for Radford from last year has been the line play and offense now that Baylor is so effective at WR and Clark at QB is playing at an All State level and putting up crazy numbers. This team is the one that's been talked about about Radford for a while regarding talent from junior high and when they become/became juniors and seniors.
Then why ramble on about Appomattox and Graham?? I have been watching high school football on Thursday and Friday nights and I’m not seeing anything like what Radford is doing. If they keep their heads straight they will play in Salem. They have a good challenge with Galax on the road but I don’t know who will matchup with these WRs? It’s not just Baylor ( who hasn’t dropped a pass thrown to him) Prioleau is very elusive. Woodard looks like be hiding under the radar and Kanipe looks very capable. I watched Christiansburg last Thursday and wasn’t impressed. That team is very beatable. I don’t think we have begun to see how good they truly can be.

Reactions: BigWinners
Radford, to me, is the clear favorite in 2A right now. A potential shootout between Radford with Baylor and crew and Ridgeview with Beavers and Hill would be a helluva game to watch

Reactions: toughy299
Wow ! So why don’t everyone just give Radford the trophy now ! I think someone last season thought the same thing and it didn’t exactly work out the way everyone thought. Long ways to go ! I will be pulling for you raddy unless the raiders come to town !

Last edited:
Wow ! So why don’t everyone just give Radford the trophy now ! I think someone last season thought the same thing and it didn’t exactly work out the way everyone thought. Long ways to go !
No I wasn’t on this board saying that last year. Like I said I been watching high school football for a long time and this team reminds me of Gretna with Vic Hall. Landon didn’t start til the playoffs last season so no people weren’t on here saying that….

Guys I didn't mean to offend anyone. I was just answering the gentlemen question about Radfords WRs and coverage that he asked. I never "rambled on" about Appo and Graham and wrote clearly in the post that Union, Ridgeview, Glenvar, Radford, and maybe Martinsville will have something to say about Appo and Graham in their regions. In summary, I gave Appo credit as the favorite and still do. I think Appo is just as good as Radford and slightly better than us. They've just played 2 great teams. To be the man, you have to beat the man. Yes, I'm excited and proud of my team this year because Appo has been whipping us like I drum, so if we have a chance this year, of course I'm excited. I also wrote lots of football to be played still.

I wrote on this board last year that I thought we had a chance with Appo. I think the one poster here toughy299 is a Radford fan. Toughy299, do you know how many times we have beat Graham in the last 35 years? How about Appo? Sure, we have a good team, but we've had them before only to lose to these schools. I know we have a good shot this year and I'm sure the Reg D and Appo and Glenvar knows we do, but picking us over Appo is a mistake until we actually do it. Appo is still the usual. Come game 11, they WILL be a different team than what theyve been the first 2 weeks. They always are.

Last edited:
Guys I didn't mean to offend anyone. I was just answering the gentlemen question about Radfords WRs and coverage that he asked. I never "rambled on" about Appo and Graham and wrote clearly in the post that Union, Ridgeview, Glenvar, Radford, and maybe Martinsville will have something to say about Appo and Graham in their regions. In summary, I gave Appo credit as the favorite and still do. I think Appo is just as good as Radford and slightly better than us. They've just played 2 great teams. To be the man, you have to beat the man. Yes, I'm excited and proud of my team this year because Appo has been whipping us like I drum, so if we have a chance this year, of course I'm excited. I also wrote lots of football to be played still.

I wrote on this board last year that I thought we had a chance with Appo. I think the one poster here toughy299 is a Radford fan. Toughy299, do you know how many times we have beat Graham in the last 35 years? How about Appo? Sure, we have a good team, but we've had them before only to lose to these schools. I know we have a good shot this year and I'm sure the Reg D and Appo and Glenvar knows we do, but picking us over Appo is a mistake until we actually do it. Appo is still the usual. Come game 11, they WILL be a different team than what theyve been the first 2 weeks. They always are.
you're one of the most humble guys on here, so you won't beat your chest but as someone with no rooting interest in 2C, Radford is special and will for the first time in a while have the best player on the field and a more dynamic offense. Appo and Glenvar and Martinsville would all present a serious challenge and over the season teams absolutely improve and counting out Appo is a fools errand but from what I've seen so far, holy cow you guys are nasty. NASTY.
GC just beat Abingdon, you guys hung 60. GW just smashed Giles and honestly outplayed Union or at least was even with them and Radford won with ease. We will know for sure in two weeks but right now? The Cats look like KW last year, a buzzsaw.

I have been watching Southwest Virginia football for my entire life. Though our record isn’t great against Graham, we have beaten them. I watched Graham dismantle Pulaski last year. That was a very good team and I thought no one could probably beat them. Thursday night I was in Bluefield watching Pulaski v Bluefield. Super close game. The same Bluefield barely lost to Graham. Radford starters played 9 plays and scored 4 touchdowns against Pulaski and it was OBVIOUS to anyone there at that point Radford was superior to Pulaski. Like my original question. Who’s going to matchup to the receivers?? Baylor preseason was ranked 3 in the state and is living up to the billing. He had 3 td catches Friday and physically sick. I have watched plenty of loss so it sure might happen. I watched Graham stomp on Tommy Edwards fingers while he laid on the ground but I saw Radford lay it to them two weeks later 33-7. We have only started playing Appomattox recently but I have watched them in Salem on multiple occasions and I know what they are capable of. Landon is on pace to shatter every Radford single season record this year. As mentioned Galax on the road should be a really good test.

Raiders will get better but some things you just can’t coach into kids.
Heritage was better but not as much as the score made it seem.

I’ve seen Appo and Radford in person. Right now, Radford would beat Appo but there is a lot of football left and both teams will improve as the season goes on.

Reactions: Stabler1980
I think everyone new Radford would be very good this year, all I am saying is it is very early In the season and if you look at the schedule who have they really played so far are they preparing them selves for a deep run, tough games early on can make a team a lot better later. I guess we will see where they are when that time comes! Again good luck to all and we know we have been extremely fortunate over the years .

Reactions: Fairlawncat
Fairlawn your input and knowledge is awesome so no apology needed on my end , I like reading your post because it is always on point . I was talking to someone the other day and we were talking about how many games appo and Radford and Glenvar had played over the years , I don’t know much about Glenvar this year but I said last year Radford would be very good this year so hopefully we can meet later in November.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT