ADVERTISEMENT

Appomattox vs Heritage

moto138

VaPreps Rookie
Nov 4, 2018
Not sure what im looking for this week. Appo showed great improvement last week and may very well play Heritage very tough.

Reactions: VolNation85
I could see them playing Heritage tough but I think Heritage will wear them down late in the game. Appo has depth issues this year from what I've read here and Heritage does not. HHS has 3 more than capable RBs plus a QB that will get a decent amount of carries. I just think it will be too much for Appo to sustain for 4 quarters. I also give HHS the advantage on defense. Appo doesn't throw the ball very well and Coach Smith wants to run the ball but HHS is built to stop the run. I think this plays into HHS favor.

I could see them playing Heritage tough but I think Heritage will wear them down late in the game. Appo has depth issues this year from what I've read here and Heritage does not. HHS has 3 more than capable RBs plus a QB that will get a decent amount of carries. I just think it will be too much for Appo to sustain for 4 quarters. I also give HHS the advantage on defense. Appo doesn't throw the ball very well and Coach Smith wants to run the ball but HHS is built to stop the run. I think this plays into HHS favor.
I agree with you 100 percent. Im hoping my Appo boys learn a thing ir two to help come playoff time.

Reactions: VolNation85
Playoff football in week 3! That's what makes both these programs as good as they are...come playoff time it's just another game to these teams! Good luck to both and hope to see you guys deep into the playoffs, although my warrior's of Magna Vista I hope to see a game further than Heritage...lol!

Playoff football in week 3! That's what makes both these programs as good as they are...come playoff time it's just another game to these teams! Good luck to both and hope to see you guys deep into the playoffs, although my warrior's of Magna Vista I hope to see a game further than Heritage...lol!
Best thing about it is, that in the playoffs, the only time Magna Vista and Heritage would face off would be in the State Semis!

From what I was told by some coaches, many kids didnt show up this year because of the heat and also these kids dont have the mind frame as the 3 championship teams. Everyone is different, not as much ad a family as it once was, best friends and what not.

Reactions: moto138
I know Appo has a pretty tough schedule like Richlands this year but sounds like they were a bit over hyped. Still time to improve just like i see potential in Richlands.

Appomattox can win a state championship in 2019. They have played a solid Buckingham County team which matches up well and BC I still believe, will represent the East in the state title game. And for Heritage, they are Heritage. Appomattox is legit, yes, at 1-2, they are legit. Guess what, Glenvar is legit. After starting the season 0-2, they are legit. Both schools, Glenvar and Appo have opened the season (4 games) against 4 not just possibly, but likely state championship game opponents in Galax, Riverheads, Buckingham County, and Heritage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT