ADVERTISEMENT

Are teams allowed to have a coach on both ends or sides of the court?

Jul 21, 2015
Just asking this question because we just played Virginia High in Bristol and hey had the varsity girls coach running the sidelines o the opposite end coaching the boys. Is this within the rules of the VHSL?

We would have anyway. We shouldn't have even made the playoffs. Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend but have never heard anything like this before. The girls varsity coach was running the court in the opposite side of the bench.

Yes but didn't think we would win. Actually we shouldn't have even made the playoffs. Unfortunately i had to work and was unabl to attend. But have never heard of anything like this before. The varsity girls coach was running the opposite side of the floor from the bench coaching. Just asking.

So you weren't even at the game? Kinda' hard to comment on something that supposedly, maybe, could have occurred.

If there was something untoward, the refs would have handled it. Take your loss and get ready for spring sports.

Don't care about the loss I was just asking a question that you can't answer. So unless you can answer it why comment? I have access to the film and can watch it. Don't have to be smart about it. But then again everybody else on here is an expert on every given subject. That's why it's so hard to get real answer on here. If I knew the answer I wouldn't ask.

Reactions: prestonoid
Sour grapes make for a poor w(h)ine. If you have a problem, and have access to the tape, submit it to the VHSL, your principal, your AD, your coach, ask someone local. It appears as if you are trying to undermine one team's victory over your team with a whimsical "question" and you were not even at the game.

So your question is did the other team cheat you? The answer is no or the officials would have stopped any obvious or blatant violation.

Coach cannot leave coaches box. Though this rule is very lightly enforced, unless Coach has received a "T".

Sour grapes make for a poor w(h)ine. If you have a problem, and have access to the tape, submit it to the VHSL, your principal, your AD, your coach, ask someone local. It appears as if you are trying to undermine one team's victory over your team with a whimsical "question" and you were not even at the game.

So your question is did the other team cheat you? The answer is no or the officials would have stopped any obvious or blatant violation.
If the answer would have been given in the first place your smart ass comments were unnecessary. Our team.was horrible and shouldn't have even been playing but I had never heard of anything like that happening before and didn't know what the rule was/is some of you people are just plain rude and are plain out ASSHOLES. No wonder no one likes to ask questions if this is what they get all the time. This is the second time I have a asked a simple question and wanting a simple question and got this.

I have always wondered how much of coaches yelling instructions actually helps during games. A player should be focused on where the defense is, what lanes are open, where is teammates are, etc. If he's focused on listening to the coach, he might be a turnover waiting to happen. I have seen coaches try to call every possession from bench on both offense and defense. Have often wondered what they do in practice ?

Reactions: Keith_Stone33
I have seen fans actually coaching from the stands. Any non-coach caught trying to coach should be ejected from the building.

If the answer would have been given in the first place your smart ass comments were unnecessary. Our team.was horrible and shouldn't have even been playing but I had never heard of anything like that happening before and didn't know what the rule was/is some of you people are just plain rude and are plain out ASSHOLES. No wonder no one likes to ask questions if this is what they get all the time. This is the second time I have a asked a simple question and wanting a simple question and got this.
You answered your own question. If the GIRLS coach WAS running the sidelines with instruction, so what? As long as he/she is not on the BOYS team staff, so what? Me, you, HR6 could have been doing the same thing. Big deal. You seemed to want to cast a dispersion on the team who beat your team. Pretty obvious and simple.

BTW: With that kind of language, maybe you were not at the game because they don't allow profanity at that venue? Good luck this spring.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT