ADVERTISEMENT

Article on Colonial Forge's Coach Brown about Smith transfer

So if he was transferring to be on the debate team he would be barred from participating. But football is okay. Hopefully VHSL takes a look at this in the summer.

Reactions: DCCavalier
I just don't like how Coach Brown put the blame for their loss on VHSL rules. His reaction seems warranted but the externalizing to his Players and community seems unhealthy. Smith has faced heavily recruited teams in the past and their coaches found a way to use it as motivation. I don't think I've ever heard them vocalize excuses in this manner!

Saturday, Forge had a decent shot at winning the game with a field goal late in the game. However, with their own offensive mistakes combined with the Smith Defense, Colonial Forge was pushed back to force that attempt to be 53 yards when it likely should have been only about 35-37 yards!

For what it's worth, Smith came back on them because their OL & DL began to take over the game. After Kelly came in at QB, Forge couldn't stop Smith. Their D had completely taken over during OT.

Bottom, line Forge is a great team, but 1 player didn't beat them

I just don't like how Coach Brown put the blame for their loss on VHSL rules. His reaction seems warranted but the externalizing to his Players and community seems unhealthy. Smith has faced heavily recruited teams in the past and their coaches found a way to use it as motivation. I don't think I've ever heard them vocalize excuses in this manner!

Saturday, Forge had a decent shot at winning the game with a field goal late in the game. However, with their own offensive mistakes combined with the Smith Defense, Colonial Forge was pushed back to force that attempt to be 53 yards when it likely should have been only about 35-37 yards!

For what it's worth, Smith came back on them because their OL & DL began to take over the game. After Kelly came in at QB, Forge couldn't stop Smith. Their D had completely taken over during OT.

I said the same thing when I read that article this morning. His team got beat by a better team, not one person.

Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ

While I agree the it probably wasn't the best to go to the paper and project that, let's not forget how outspoken coach Morgan was against the actions of ocean lakes, for some time you all seemed to take pride in having home grown players, but by allowing him to play, the smith program is no better
Also it's awful hard to remain classy when a smith coach is on twitter talking trash to forge students, members of the smith program walking past our cheerleaders after the game and blurting profanity and an overall lack of class, forge showed the utmost respect at your facility last year and the same respect was not returned to forge

While I agree the it probably wasn't the best to go to the paper and project that, let's not forget how outspoken coach Morgan was against the actions of ocean lakes, for some time you all seemed to take pride in having home grown players, but by allowing him to play, the smith program is no better
Also it's awful hard to remain classy when a smith coach is on twitter talking trash to forge students, members of the smith program walking past our cheerleaders after the game and blurting profanity and an overall lack of class, forge showed the utmost respect at your facility last year and the same respect was not returned to forge
Wow, let's talk about the Forge QBs dad. He is a piece of work and coach Bo

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT