ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Pitcher

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
Last season, at the Hanover @ Hopewell football game, I sat near some fans from Hanover, husband and wife. The young man with them, that I originally though was their son, was their guest. I found out that he was a pitcher for ? I thought he told me Hanover, but it must have been a different HS. And, I thought he said they won the state last year. I know he was headed to UVA, and I assumed he had graduated and was already there. But maybe he is a senior this year?

I was at a UVA basketball game recently, and the usher where we sit is a big time UVA baseball fan. He could not figure out who I was talking about either.

Two things I remember about this kid. One, he was as nice of a kid as you could ever meet. So quiet and humble that he would not talk about his accomplishments. The couple that brought him filled me in. If I remember correctly, he was the starting pitcher in the championship game.

And secondly, when he shook my hand, he had a grip like a vice.

If anyone knows who this young man is, please let me know. I'd like to keep up with how he does with college baseball.

Thanks.

This post was edited on 1/23 6:07 PM by DinwiddieProud

That must be correct. The usher I was speaking of above knows everything about ACC and UVA baseball. When he did not know who I was trying to describe, I figured I had really gotten the story screwed up. I have not checked to see if Dinwiddie and Hanover are scheduled to play each other this year, but if they are, I will keep my eyes open for this young man. Thanks for the info.

They might not be scheduled but you can almost bet a paycheck on them playing at least in the conference tourney. I think them 2 will be the 2 toughest team in thier conference

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT