ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball/Softball on our Football thread

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
Please forgive me, but we all know thar the football threads are 100 times more active than the other threads.

I have a real simple question that I hope doesn’t get controversial. Why is Hanover so consistently good in these two sports year after year after year?

(A quick congrats to those amazing Louisa Girls for what they accomplished this season!) (And for the Hanover Boys as they continue their dominance!)

For years the Hanover High School has benefited from recruiting from the Hanover Center for Trades and Technology (same campus). I'm not sure about this past year, but the 2022 baseball team had 4 starters that were originally in the Patrick Henry district, and 2 in the Mechanicsville District.

There are typically 2-3 JV starters each year from PH or Mechanicsville that chose to attend THCTT that wind up on the Hanover baseball team.

Historically, the Hanover football team also benefited from pulling students from the THCTT. That and coaching were major contributors to the rise of Hanover football in the mid-2000s

Last edited:
Jay Woolfolk (Benedictine) came in for UVA last night in the 9th. Think they should’ve turned to him a little earlier in the inning but none the less… An 804 product playing in the College World Series.

Reactions: Senex
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT