ADVERTISEMENT

BATTLEFIELD DISTRICT RANKINGS WEEK 6

skynard1

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 12, 2009
Most teams have completed their 6th game this season and the more things change they still remain the same! that's the way it is in the battlefield! it remains a two team top dog and the rest are not even close to JM and courtland. these two teams will march through the rest of the district until the last game of the year as they face off in the burg and that game won't be fit for the weak at heart. here we go read it and weep!

#1 JM and COURTLAND: trying my best to separate these two teams but I just cant. I believe if they played today 10 games JM wins 5 and courtland wins 5. courtland might as well say had a bye against spotsy and JM beat a decent team KG that is no way as good as JM. courtland lost a very important piece to their puzzle in one of the best receivers and safteys hokenson. after the win at Essex last week I had thought the jackets had fixed their porous defense and gave up tons of rushing yards against the foxes with 272 yards rushing by their backs with out one of the best backs in the district jecolby white not playing. I know this is bothering serbay and sure he and his good coaching is working on it and better have it fixed by the courtland game or they may never get the ball for their powerful offense to score enough to beat them. saw it on tv last night and other than the beast wynn coleman the front line is getting blocked 5 yards down field getting very little penetration. the linebackers are not filling the holes and missing tackles. I love the jackets but that bend but don't break defense will not take you far at playoff time and I know for sure the coaches will eventually find people to stop the run. one thing for sure JM has a state champion offense and the receivers are the real deal and that eura kid can tote the mail. scroggins is one of the best quarterbacks in the state and throwing pin point passes. good football team but the defense will have to start stopping the run or it will be a short playoff run.

# 3 KG: It's a shame the foxes have such a weak defense because their single wing offense is good enough to win. they are the best team after courtland and JM but not in their league. better watch out KG if the chargers keep improving they may be on your heels for third place. good team but the defense is killing you.

#4 CHANCELLOR: good win for the chargers this week but that is a very weak caroline team with only 22 players. that's ok you have to start winning to gain confidence but you will get your confidence shattered this week as you play the jackets. looks like that young qb brown is starting to do what I said he would being a elite qb and before he graduates the best qb in chancellor history. 10 of 14 passing for 272 yards and almost 100 yards rushing will only get better as he gets older. congrats. coach oliver you got them going in the right direction but you will take a big fall this week against JM.

# 5 SPOTSY: I hope you guys will round up the wagons and make a good showing the rest of the season.that was embarrassing effort last week but courtland can make you that way but no more letting down. you got to play hard all the way to the end no matter the team you play good or bad. next season will be a brighter future for the under classmen so give it all you got and remember you are playing for the red white and blue. no team should never score like courtland did with no resistance and not punt 1 time. pride pride pride in the game you play football! good luck the rest of the year.

# 6 CAROLINE: Good luck to you guys and I give you praise for the band of small troops of only 22 players for sticking out a awful season. believe it or not you have a good coach that will have your back and stay their so you won't have to put up with coaches going and coming like in the past. still got a win looking at you at home against spotsy so hang in there better days are ahead.

there you go agree or not its not hard to rank the teams this year with the exception of JM and courtland dead even. season is going by fast and with this weak district this year we may not have but 2 teams in the playoffs and that don't say much for a district over the years that was strong as any district. good luck teams!

Re: You can come coach the defense

no griff you wouldn't want me to do that! had a hard enough time when I coached! just call it like I see it. when the backs run through the line without being touched until 20 yards down field I wouldn't call that very good defense.you guys can see like I do and I have confidence you will make the adjustments so don't get upset over constructive criticism. do your job yall have won more state championships than me. good luck the rest of the way as i'll be pulling for you!

Go for it Skynard

We all know that running your mouth is a requirement for being a JM coach.
Skynard, You should call other teams newspapers and slander your opponent right before you get out-coached by them in a big game. You would skip right over the defense job and be the next Head Coach at JM.
If that doesn't work try setting up a Youtube page and whine that your side of the field was too cold to play on that day. The AD would hire you on the spot.
You JM guys crack me up. You talk more trash than any team in 3A. But when someone points out something obvious like Skynard did you get your undies all wadded up.

Re: Go for it Skynard

Magna Vista gets my vote for state champions.....over JM. Hopefully in dry conditions.

JM out athletes teams, they don't play disciplined defense. They won't stand a chance against Courtland, and it's exactly why they've come up short three years running.

It may be tough for that match up to be possible in the finals.
Magna Vista looks like they have a good chance to be the #1 see in the West.
Lafayette looks like the #1 seed in the East.
If that stays true to form then JM will most likely need to travel to Magna Vista in the cross bracket. If that happens I think it would be a very good game of athletes vs athletes that may end up being JM's best chance.
If JM has to travel to one the physical teams such as Hidden Valley, Northside or Monticello then I'll go with the physical team to win handily.
My pick for the state game is Northside vs either Monticello or Magna Vista depending upon how the brackets line up.

If your guys need locker room material from this site to make them play harder then there is a serious issue there.

seems to me your the only one running your mouth and their record speaks year after year.

Well, JM absolutely uses quotes from here and other media sites for extra motivation. If history is any indication, it works. Pooh-pooh if you like.

Leftovers your internet disdain and sarcasm is so inspirational. You are one really tough guy!!!!!!!

Oh yes, You haven't ran your mouth at all. LOL
Technically speaking their record speaks for year after year AFTER YEAR as in 0-3.
Buy some cold weather gear....get some heaters for the sideline if your team doesn't want to play in cold weather and find an O and D line. Maybe then you'll be 1-3 for a change.

while everyone else is at home wishing they were playing second week of december

But they got there 3 years in a row. No disrespect as the Cougars are my team but the fact is, JM was there. Courtland wasn't. And the last 4 years in a row, it took the eventual State Champion to beat the Jackets. And the Jackets have some exceptional weapons this year. Don't underestimate them. I know JC Hall doesn't.

Not everyone else is at home....whoever survives the West is always there and for 4 out of the last 5 the West has left with the trophy.
I just find it hilarious that JM folks dish more crap than all others combined on this board then when someone makes a polite and constructive comment like Skynard did about JM they all cry foul. Sorry this board is a two way street.
It's also funny that you keep bringing up their past record even you just transferred there and had zero to do with any past accomplishments of this team.

You are correct that almost everyone else is at home in Dec and wishing they were there but it seams to me that the JM coach didn't want to be there because the weather wasn't perfect. Any other team would have loved to have the chance to play in the rain and sleet in Lynchburg and wouldn't have used it as an excuse.
With that I am done. You can yap all you want I have you on ignore.

yea but oline playing pretty good since we did. and since you have me on ignore will see if you answer back

Leftovers2005

This guy must be really offended by yall. Talk about someone with pent up anger and frustration. JM must affect him on a daily basis, sorry for your past trauma, deep breaths.

Re: Leftovers2005

Never a dull moment when the Fredericksburg area regulars join the fray. Thanks for all the entertainment! It will be really interesting to see what these boards look like the next time a team from that area actually finishes the deal on the field. Good luck to all the teams on finishing the remainder of the season healthy and taking care of business in the playoffs.

For the record I do not have any issues with the Fredericksburg teams, players or fans. They play some outstanding football in that area and have some very passionate fans. Yes I believe they have some of the best athletes in the state in their area.
If a team in that area wins the big one I will be the first to send my congrats.
My issue is with the staff that allows their people to strike low blows at will (My disagreement started with the Roanoke Times article and subsequent denial) then steps in to try to zip someone up for pointing out anything less than glowing about their program.
If your going to dish it out.....

My time on this site will be limited to the Pick em from here on out so to all my friends on this site I wish you well and I hope you enjoy and know that this is the greatest sport on earth.

Best of luck to all the teams and may the best ones win the championships.

Easy to go to the championship game when you constantly reload with transfers from the surrounding areas.

Marcus Brooks transferred to Chancellor. Cut the transfer BS. All the teams in the 757 actively recruit.

OMG WHAT DID I START WW3?

Guys settle down! no way did I make that post to get a war started! the courtland JM game is not this week its 3 weeks away. all I did was point out a small weakness in the JM team that can be fixed by the large number of players they have to pick from and a coaching staff second to none. i'm sure the jackets can see like I do the defense hasn't been consistent with giving up long running plays especially against Petersburg and last week against KG. big griff may have did it to start something to put on the locker room walls but I sure didn't do it for that. I am surprised that after the two games I mentioned that big griff would call me down on their rushing defense as i'm sure they can see like me! the problem with the jacket schedule now they are playing two weak teams caroline and spotsy and how will they be able to tell if they have fixed their problems on defense playing two teams like that then have to play courtland. if the jacket run defense resembles the one that played Petersburg and KG I hate to say it but JM will have to score 48 points to win. sorry GRIFF you know I love serbay and JM but this is skynard and I have to tell it like it is. good luck!

the players that transferred to JM this year were not recruited I promise as not the spotsy ones that transferred. serbay don't recruit I promise you. all the players were disgruntled with their old teams at chancellor spotsy and caroline. tim coleman told me that those kids asked him to play at fred Christian as he taught their parents when he was at spotsy. I know for a fact that serbay recruited no one as the caroline parents told me at a jm scrimmage they moved because they and their kids wanted to play at jm and the same goes for seftas as he and his father was upset at chancellor. no one in the fredbg area keeps up with the hs teams like me and if there is any recruiting going on I don't know of any I promise!

Re: OMG WHAT DID I START WW3?

And with that the Confederate flag flies at half mast and "I Wish I was in Dixie" plays in the background. Skynard has left the building!!!

Correction CHSCougars06

Northside had a QB transfer from Fleming 4 years ago, he was a 3 year starter and graduated last spring. Rustburg QB Anthony Lovelace was on the verge of transferring to Heritage but did not, he is currently a senior QB at Rustburg. So Heritage hasn't received any QB transfers at all in the past 15-20 years. Northside and LCA are the only schools in the Lynchburg-Roanoke area that I know of that have received multiple transfers over the past 4-5 years. LCA recruits those transfers. Northside's situation is more like JM this year, THEY DON'T RECRUIT. Parents of good players on bad teams in neighboring districts decide they want to move so their kid can play for Torrance. His track record over the past 5 years of getting kids to the next level is second to none so I don't blame any of those parents or kids for wanting to be in the best position to better their own future. Almost all of the Northside transfers came from William Fleming, because these two school attendance zones border each other. Now that Fleming has Bobby Martin running the show, none of those Fleming kids are going to jump ship.

I'm not trying to come at you at all, just letting you know the facts so you don't look silly when leftovers comes back.

YES WE PLAY DEFENSE OUR WAY ,, UNDISCIPLINED BUT EFFECTIVE,,EFFECTIVE ENOUGH TO GO 44-11 LAST 4 YEARS,, AND YES WE LOST 3 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES,, BUT WE WERE THERE AND LOST TO 3 REALLY GOOD TEAMS,, ALSO LAST YEAR WE LOST TO COURTLAND(-THEY TOOK IT TO US,,),,BUT IF MY MEMORY SERVES ME CORRECT , OUR LACK OF DEFENSE WHICH YOU DESCRIBE SOMEHOW ALLOWED US TO DEFEAT COURTLAND 10-7 IN 2012.. AND 39-7 IN 2011, COURTLAND WON 25-19 IN 2010, AND WE WON 10-6 IN 2009,,SO AS YOU CAN SEE , YOU CAN THROW OUT THE SCORES COURTLAND /JM WILL BE A 48 MINUTE BATTLE,,I HAVE ALL THE RESPECT FOR COACH HALL AND COUGARS,, ,, ALL THE RESPECT,,

JM coaches in this thread not doing much to help themselves about perception leftovers gave. Why do you even feel the need to answer? Record absolutely speaks for itself, regardless of faceless people on the internet accusing you of being a JUCO program. No need to defend yourself on here IMO. You are not going to change the opinion of anybody.

Re: VaPrepsRod "HELP"

Please put a END to this thread
flush.r191677.gif

Are you kidding me!!! Leave this alone it has over 2100 views. Also it is hilarious that JM is worried about these things when they should probably be focusing on playing a scrappy Chancellor team that is hungry to beat them! By YES running the ball down their throat and throwing over the DBs when they come up on run!!!

Keiser what's your beef? big rise in posting here lately and it is all to dump on JM. You either have a major axe to grind, or are a JM coach trying way to hard to give your team something to get fired up about. Please relax sir. you can make points without being insufferable.

JM Coach. But they really dont need this to play well, they have been a force over the last few years, will have little trouble this week, actually will have little trouble until November 7th, and even with that said they are loaded and should down Courtland by a few TDs

I've got to go with Jrod on this one. JM's record speaks for itself, one of the premier programs in the state at any level but really no need to come on here and get offended b/c someone made a critique. Coaches at JM have no reason to defend themselves on this board. You don't have to tell someone that they can come coach the defense then - use it for motivation if you want and go coach them up like you've done in the past. I look forward to the matchup the last week of the season and seeing JM & Courtland make an extended playoff run again. Good luck to both, they are always fun to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT